Legion Forums

Legion Forums (http://www.legionhq.org/index2.php)
-   The Colosseum (http://www.legionhq.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Old versus New (http://www.legionhq.org/showthread.php?t=21797)

Tobler 21-10-2006 11:55

Fiance's backdoor? :o
So dirtry !

Savahl 21-10-2006 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobler (Post 253026)
Fiance's backdoor? :o
So dirtry !

dont twist my words :( durty old man

icarus 21-10-2006 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRL (Post 253019)
ica is the most afk healer

No I am the BEST afk healer! Noone else can be AFK for the entire raid and still come out on top of the healing charts at the end

Benjy 21-10-2006 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molotov (Post 252611)
Anyway imo Tob and Rip for a dual dictatorship and Benjy for their figure head!

El Presidente Benjy is here!

Viva la revolution!

BDB 21-10-2006 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by icarus (Post 253030)
No I am the BEST afk healer! Noone else can be AFK for the entire raid and still come out on top of the healing charts at the end

OOOO ?

icarus 21-10-2006 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDB (Post 253040)
OOOO ?

Damn right !

Fred 21-10-2006 15:06

Has any-one ever done a history pf Legion???

I know a lot of the early days and was even asked by Gren to be there when we had our first meeting with Fury.

My version would be biased as I only knew my side of certain events that shaped things for a period.

Has it been done before and do people think it worthwhile?

Let me know your opinions and maybe even Grendel will post.... who knows what my old friend will do :D

Gaijin 21-10-2006 16:56

i vote for fred to start playing eve. heard that we are lacking australian time zone players

Relifex 21-10-2006 22:53

DO ME DO ME Fred :D

Long time no seen btw friend, you doing fine?

Grendel 21-10-2006 23:44

Fred smells of fish.

avence 22-10-2006 00:43

fish is good!

BDB 22-10-2006 00:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grendel (Post 253078)
Fred smells of fish.

its the other old man :) !!!!!

Thalira 23-10-2006 16:43

Alright!! Finally a thread I feel I want to post a reply to!

Nice idea Fred! You can count me in if you get a copy of Round 2 or 3 PA running somewhere. I think that would be a riot to play. Also a CS thing would be fun.

You've failed to mention one group though. Round 2 and 3 saw a new breed of commander known as the DC (or Defense Commander). Once again a place where being female lended a certain advantage. The number of Pink painted Fighters that I sent to defend our ranks. Whee! Seems like yesterday.

Though I think the reason why it seems like it was so recent is because I haven't really played many games in years. Leaves a lot of room for memories of the past.

-Thalira
"Go Thong!"

BDB 23-10-2006 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thalira (Post 253261)
Alright!! Finally a thread I feel I want to post a reply to!

Nice idea Fred! You can count me in if you get a copy of Round 2 or 3 PA running somewhere. I think that would be a riot to play. Also a CS thing would be fun.

You've failed to mention one group though. Round 2 and 3 saw a new breed of commander known as the DC (or Defense Commander). Once again a place where being female lended a certain advantage. The number of Pink painted Fighters that I sent to defend our ranks. Whee! Seems like yesterday.

Though I think the reason why it seems like it was so recent is because I haven't really played many games in years. Leaves a lot of room for memories of the past.

-Thalira
"Go Thong!"

oh god do i rember doing def !!! :( rnd 4 and 6 was very very fun to be a DC :)

Thug 24-10-2006 00:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDB (Post 253275)
oh god do i rember doing def !!! :( rnd 4 and 6 was very very fun to be a DC :)

round 4 was lame, just send mass amounts of spiders and you were fine not to mention that nothing ever died...

Fred 24-10-2006 01:31

Lo Grendel.... so I smell of fish.... Old or New Fish ???? just to keep the theme going ;)

I saw on another thread I made Axis's head hurt.... what am I doing to people these days :)

Round 4 was also crap for that salvage nonsense.... and wasnt that the round that piggy-backing was around. The DCs got it a little easier once every-one knew about it until till spinner stopped it... just after LDK sent all their farms to their number 1 planet for salvage.

Rnd 4 was also crap as I was WP then and Grendel had a horny time attacking my gal along with Randall and co...... just when you thought it was safe to attack something you got 10 zillion incoming from Legion and the buggers knew I was Aussie so there was no rest for the wicked (me) ;)

I also made friends with LDK around then and there were a few top guys from there who all had about 20 farm planets ;) I was also the Para thing then and my Para was excellent at defence and was were I met Ronnie for the first time. Damn fine DC and BC he was too :D I remember talking to LDK then and they had their HC in our Para who were supposed to win but we raped them a few times and some of them moved planets. TiG had a particular hatred of them and just kept attacking them even after we made a Para NAP with them.

Round 6 was probably the most soul destroying round for some as we had wave after wave after wave and I was a dumb Cath so every-one thought it was great to attack a Cath..... still managed top 20 planet then thanks to BDB and his amazing defence organisation :D Round 6 was certainly the round to be Terran and kill things.

Oh and hello Thalira.... its great that there are still threads that make such lovely people say hello now and then :)

BDB 24-10-2006 02:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred (Post 253347)
Lo Grendel.... so I smell of fish.... Old or New Fish ???? just to keep the theme going ;)

I saw on another thread I made Axis's head hurt.... what am I doing to people these days :)

Round 4 was also crap for that salvage nonsense.... and wasnt that the round that piggy-backing was around. The DCs got it a little easier once every-one knew about it until till spinner stopped it... just after LDK sent all their farms to their number 1 planet for salvage.

Rnd 4 was also crap as I was WP then and Grendel had a horny time attacking my gal along with Randall and co...... just when you thought it was safe to attack something you got 10 zillion incoming from Legion and the buggers knew I was Aussie so there was no rest for the wicked (me) ;)

I also made friends with LDK around then and there were a few top guys from there who all had about 20 farm planets ;) I was also the Para thing then and my Para was excellent at defence and was were I met Ronnie for the first time. Damn fine DC and BC he was too :D I remember talking to LDK then and they had their HC in our Para who were supposed to win but we raped them a few times and some of them moved planets. TiG had a particular hatred of them and just kept attacking them even after we made a Para NAP with them.

Round 6 was probably the most soul destroying round for some as we had wave after wave after wave and I was a dumb Cath so every-one thought it was great to attack a Cath..... still managed top 20 planet then thanks to BDB and his amazing defence organisation :D Round 6 was certainly the round to be Terran and kill things.

Oh and hello Thalira.... its great that there are still threads that make such lovely people say hello now and then :)

then came round 7 !!! :)

ohh the fun we had

do u rember the bull galxeys in c putting up the FINE U WIN / WE GIVE UP banners :)

Fred 25-10-2006 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDB (Post 253350)
then came round 7 !!! :)

ohh the fun we had

do u rember the bull galxeys in c putting up the FINE U WIN / WE GIVE UP banners :)

Round 7 was fun until about 3 days from the end ;) lo Zhil and Thug ;p

bananana 25-10-2006 04:00

Hey bob did i quit in round 7 or 8?
(hi fred :) )

BDB 25-10-2006 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananana (Post 253620)
Hey bob did i quit in round 7 or 8?
(hi fred :) )

MY NASTY LIL NANNA QUIT IN RND 8 RND 7 IS THE ONE WE GOT FUCKED ON :)

LO EMPY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOTHILL BITCHES !!!!!

Thug 25-10-2006 20:03

refresh my memory... what happened in r7?

Sandsnake 25-10-2006 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred (Post 253606)
Round 7 was fun until about 3 days from the end ;) lo Zhil and Thug ;p

Round 7 was fun. I had fun getting knocked out of the top 25 a week before the end (or at least, we'd calced it out to put me in the top 20 at round's end. I don't remember actual rank at death)...I was actually kinda proud that the Titans sent almost their entire freaking alliance to kill me even if the whole thing was a setup by "friends" in my own alliance.

100mill gone in 1 tick. (I still got away with 25k frigates!)

BDB 25-10-2006 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandsnake (Post 253795)
Round 7 was fun. I had fun getting knocked out of the top 25 a week before the end (or at least, we'd calced it out to put me in the top 20 at round's end. I don't remember actual rank at death)...I was actually kinda proud that the Titans sent almost their entire freaking alliance to kill me even if the whole thing was a setup by "friends" in my own alliance.

100mill gone in 1 tick. (I still got away with 25k frigates!)

AND AS much as i wanted to see your galxey burn i sent over 4 mil ships there :)

Fred 25-10-2006 23:35

Hello Sandsnake and Nana :)

Yes round 7 may have been different if I wasnt "Spinnered" out by Fury. I was on extremely good terms with Titans and I cant remember them attacking you while I was around..... that moron Kileman may have had your fun at the end but thats just pondering.

Yes Nana you were there round 7 but gone round 8. I was tempted by Furbie to come back and was top 10 roids for quite a while and was basically allianceless doing Spinners "sneak attack" on inactive gits. Fury... sorry Eclipse ;p then did a 27 tick attack on me..... twice. I hung around to the end and did some Starsphere and Dark Galaxy. We also played as an alliance a fast tick game... cant remember the name but we certainly 0wned them there as they had never had an organised enemy.

Round 9 was damn horrible..... everytime I tried to get some-one to link up with us as a block before they were nuked they didnt listen till Eclipse nuked them and of course that was too late. Still I got together with Morden and Illegal and we 0wned Dark Galaxy for a couple of rounds till I got bored with it.

Thats diverging a little from the subject... its just great to see some "old" names say hello :D

I wonder who else is around and as Carp said... "Where's Dimes" :(

BDB 26-10-2006 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred (Post 253820)
Hello Sandsnake and Nana :)

Yes round 7 may have been different if I wasnt "Spinnered" out by Fury. I was on extremely good terms with Titans and I cant remember them attacking you while I was around..... that moron Kileman may have had your fun at the end but thats just pondering.

Yes Nana you were there round 7 but gone round 8. I was tempted by Furbie to come back and was top 10 roids for quite a while and was basically allianceless doing Spinners "sneak attack" on inactive gits. Fury... sorry Eclipse ;p then did a 27 tick attack on me..... twice. I hung around to the end and did some Starsphere and Dark Galaxy. We also played as an alliance a fast tick game... cant remember the name but we certainly 0wned them there as they had never had an organised enemy.

Round 9 was damn horrible..... everytime I tried to get some-one to link up with us as a block before they were nuked they didnt listen till Eclipse nuked them and of course that was too late. Still I got together with Morden and Illegal and we 0wned Dark Galaxy for a couple of rounds till I got bored with it.

Thats diverging a little from the subject... its just great to see some "old" names say hello :D

I wonder who else is around and as Carp said... "Where's Dimes" :(

dimes was around played wow for like 2 weeks :)

montie 26-10-2006 17:57

round 3 plz!!!! im gonna mass ghosts and torps and fk you all over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Precursors 26-10-2006 17:59

t8p ftw

Icewolf 27-10-2006 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Precursors (Post 253927)
t8p ftw

qft

Fred 27-10-2006 11:53

I hated torps..... should have known with spinner you only needed to build torps to kill just about everything early on. Mind you I was lucky I had BS as when I attacked Are they arrived a tick late and I was able to recall them as every other ship got nuked..... I miscalculated with those errors when you could tick early or later than the hour. Remember the nightmare of trying to estimate if some-one had got defence on time or not.

Oh and how you could spam defence news by sending recalling one ship for ages and you galaxy had no idea if it was under attack or not on the gal news.....

Kyrealean 28-10-2006 06:40

What an interesting thread to come back to the net to, along with the bob/noah thing on wow forums ofc.

Anyway, you probably don't know me that well Fred but I am one of the original TGA (The Greenjuice Alliance) members from Round 1 PA that joined up with WaC in Round 2 with Rudolph and Saytan, was in Warbat's (R.I.P) wing for a while till the shit hit the fan with legion and WaC.

Round 3, you probably had a few goes at my planet in 13.12 as i was with Aeternals that round and played for my planet's life after the first month, fending off Top 10 planet raids on myself and Pneumonic night after night for months on end.

Hooked up with Carpeia/Dino for Rd4 (267.2 KICK THE BABY YEAH) and joined Fury with Hartge's help.

Was in Empy's gal for Rd7 and quit PA after Rd9. Played some Starsphere with RR, Rambo2k, Morden, Ogami etc then joined Legion for SWG then to WoW.

Have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and have witnessed Legion's ups and downs, either from afar or from within. The one thing that this community surely needs to remember is that no matter what game we are involved in is that we are all like family. A family that loves to scrap with each other but also takes care of each other. WoW Legion has strayed from that mentality but given time, I think that we will regain that feeling.

Glad to see you back around though, sorry for the Rd7 shit that went down lol, (thank goodness I stayed mostly out of the way of the backstabbing. 23.23 Leather and Lace forever - Mikey of Goondocks)

Agamemnon 28-10-2006 07:40

Geez Fred, our short discussion on irc developed :o
I'll post on this when/if I sober up

Icewolf 30-10-2006 16:42

Kyr brings up some memories - warbat got me into legion, R.I.P. :(

Corinthian 30-10-2006 20:19

What was and what is is not the same as when Legion was in PA. That goes for everyone involved and a great HC then does not automatically mean a great HC now. First of all because most of those that was HC then is alot less hardcore now, having sometimes to concentrate on their RL as well..... Also there is the aspect of command people growing old and grumpy..

Fresh blood is always needed and so on and so on.

And hi Fred! so bloody nice to see you around again. I still gotta go down under and visit you :-P

Fred 01-11-2006 21:10

Hello Corinth... yes I realise that people change and HC become grumpy.... heck I was a grumpy old fossil for a while.... say I still am :D

It was something I wanted to see, I know most of the charateristics of the old HC.... I was hoping some-one would bring up some new names (probably been around a long time but new to me ;p) so I could see the direction things went.

Oh and Gren....... I still smell of fish :D

sepa 03-11-2006 14:32

Hi Fred! :biggrin:

I've tryied for years to get elviz to leave PA and come to a more graphical game but the fker still insist in winning the most rounds. :rolleyes:

I tried playing PA about a year ago, I kept oversleeping and couldn't stay awake at work, I don't know how I used to do it.

Maddix 06-11-2006 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred (Post 252419)
Maddix you of course were one of the best. so tell me who you would appoint as BCs... or squadroin leaders or whatever they are called these days. Surely attacks are planned and not just some huge number of people randomly killing bosses.

I haven't played a game with legion that leaves me any position to comment on such a thing for years. Hell, I don't even know who 90% of the people in the guild are anymore :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRL (Post 252462)
Im the real squad leader! everyone should know this

Truth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by icarus (Post 252469)
Yeah cuz noone else wanted to play the profession :tongue:
...cept Maddix... but we allready know that he's a gimp

Cheeky cunt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDB (Post 252495)
maddix is a gimp no one can say that better then me !!!

Considering your command of the English language, anyone can say anything better than you :tongue:

]x[ 06-11-2006 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icewolf (Post 254015)
qft

Sig including logo on t8P forum.

Still remember my fight with Agamemnon for #1 in Para fs :D

JRL 06-11-2006 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddix (Post 255061)
Considering your command of the English language, anyone can say anything better than you :tongue:

oh snap! burn! etc etc

Salmac 12-01-2007 11:28

wow good old PA, they were fun days, and when we went to GQ aswell to pwn that clone-alike of PA so much fun :D

patsz 15-01-2007 18:05

:tongue: