Legion Forums

Legion Forums (http://www.legionhq.org/index2.php)
-   The Colosseum (http://www.legionhq.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Plzz donate some money for asia (http://www.legionhq.org/showthread.php?t=13518)

Warlock 31-12-2004 14:35

Plzz donate some money for asia

For us here we decided not to buy any fireworks this year,
but to spend all to the ppl who really need it.

I hope some of you also act like we do.

Everybody can afford to spend some money to help
them out of the menacing epidemic danger.

Even if it's only 1€, 1$ or whatever your curreny is, it'll help !!! :yes:

razor 03-01-2005 10:14

Re: Plzz donate some money for asia

Quote:

Originally posted by Warlock
For us here we decided not to buy any fireworks this year,
but to spend all to the ppl who really need it.

I hope some of you also act like we do.

Everybody can afford to spend some money to help
them out of the menacing epidemic danger.

Even if it's only 1€, 1$ or whatever your curreny is, it'll help !!! :yes:

I was planning to send some money this evening when home
I saw a bank number where i could send it to on the newspaper this morning. Cooperation of the red cross and some others

Shaitan 04-01-2005 22:24

what about the children dying of famine in africa?
what about the people dying of aids in africa?
what about the people dying all over the world because the capitalist west refuses to put human lives above profit?

This disaster is only getting this much support because of the media coverage and the amount of tourists visiting. Far worse things are going on and noone even knows about it.

razor 05-01-2005 07:23

Quote:

Originally posted by Shaitan
what about the people dying all over the world because the capitalist west refuses to put human lives above profit?

This disaster is only getting this much support because of the media coverage and the amount of tourists visiting. Far worse things are going on and noone even knows about it.

Yes thats indeed very true. Its deep down also a little for our own good since these were places we visited for recreation and a lot of western ppl are down there now or have died there.
That on the other hand doesnt mean they dont need money over there. A lot of ppl lost their total belongings in a matter of minutes. A lot of ppl died in a matter of minutes.
There is a lot of death and such in other places but most of them live in those surroundings each and every day. These ppl have lost their belongings, family, children, parents in large numbers from 1 day to another. They arent used to this situations so they can use all the help they can get. Thats why im paying too.

Chirnovnik 05-01-2005 18:27

Quote:

Nothing says "love" quite like force.

Edit: I've volunteered a tent and accomodations for 10 folks, as
well as a month or two worth of supplies. Well worth the giving,
for human reasons.

Anyone else who wants to provide temporary housing and critical
supplies for daily living along these lines, your local Rotary Club
has a program to do this.

Def2K 05-01-2005 19:04

Quote:

True as this might be, it doesnt mean these people dont need help. It only means more people need help.

But then again the world is full of hypocrites (I dont mean ANYONE on this thread btw, just my usual rant)!

we all want people to have it good. Everywhere. Always. But when we can buy, for example, coffee from a company that garantuees a fair price we dont.

In the end its all about the money.

Kaffedoctor 05-01-2005 20:04

your goverment is prolly giving enough money already.....

I'm for one is tired to hear about this disaster, nothing but it on the TV. And yes yes it terrible but the whole world shouldnt change because of this inccident.

Axis_WLF 05-01-2005 23:39

good points all around. not that it is a bad thing but it has now turned into a "which country can give the most compeition" if only they all had this much oomph to handle the other problems.

Leviathan 06-01-2005 05:13

Front page of todays newspaper "Prime Minister pledges $1Billion for aid" - still tryn to out do everybody heh.

Def2K 06-01-2005 16:37

Its like "omg we give so much now' and in a few years we're all like 'Ow, cheap whores, cheap vacation' etc.

If we'd really want to help those people we'd pay just more for the same service... I mean, its good and stuff that we help. But its not like we're really prepared to take a little downfall to help the other countries..

Ow well, only human!