Legion Forums

Legion Forums (http://www.legionhq.org/index2.php)
-   The Colosseum (http://www.legionhq.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Legion wants you!! (http://www.legionhq.org/showthread.php?t=21909)

Precursors 25-10-2006 14:53

Legion wants you!!

Hi everybody! We need more pilots for Legion in Eve :tongue:

If anybody wants to give it a try please give your mail addy so we can send free-trial dl link
it's 499 MB, free for 14 days, no credit card info required to dl&play the trial version

come come! it's super number one! :biggrin:

Gaijin 25-10-2006 17:53

are you paying for the legion outpost prec? heard you are a rich newb |:

Alaa 30-10-2006 15:35

One of my firends from Wow recently left Wow to go play Eve....I have been meaning to get around to trying it....

Precursors 30-10-2006 15:45

yes, we've been growing in numbers
many people taking a break from wow and playing eve (mostly paladins and druids :biggrin:)
it has a completely different aspect, and what you can do/achieve as a corporation/alliance in eve is much more than trying to increase your stupid DKP to get an epic :p
pm me yer mail if u wanna try eve, i can send u the free trial dl

vegettotex 30-10-2006 16:13

There've been a few guys in WoW and in SWG who have recently picked up Eve. And they've been coercing me to try it.

Was curious though... don't you earn experience over time and not by direct course of action. I.e. instead of grinding on NPC's, your character gains experience by "training" in a passive format, etc. Assuming that is true, would 14 days be enough to truly get a good feel for the game? Or would I just be ravaged by all the guys who have been playing since launch... a la Level 60's with T3 equipment griefing level 30's in Stranglethorn Vale?

Precursors 30-10-2006 16:31

yes, 14 days is enough to get the feeling
each skill has 5 levels, and mostly the 5th level research takes days/weeks. The first 3 levels of skills take minutes/hours mostly
Getting level 5 on a skill may allow you to get the specialization of that skill
In the end, all depends on what you want to specialize in

the nicest part of the game is that 20 of us level 30s can claim Stranglethornvale and kick level 60 butt :biggrin:
not like wow where a level 60 can kick a hundred level 30 asses

xeni 30-10-2006 16:31

https://secure.eve-online.com/ft/?aid=100001

from wikipedia this is the link for 14 day trial I used myself!

Precursors 30-10-2006 17:30

yes but if u dl from that link u have to enter credit card info right?

Gaijin 30-10-2006 17:39

no prec

prec just wants the buddy program price d:

Kashryn 30-10-2006 19:07

Nothing realy beats the feeling of pwning a battleship with a few frigs :)

Its a game about skill ie the player behind the keyboard.
Tho when that is said it is a very advanced game. Hell iv been playing for half a year and i am stil learning new stuff.

Precursors 30-10-2006 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaijin (Post 254428)
no prec

prec just wants the buddy program price d:

what's the buddy program price??????????

Chirnovnik 30-10-2006 20:58

1 Attachment(s)
Signed up for the free demo. I'm in as Inquisitor Penguin, playing for Amarr.

Edit: ...and my ship looks like a banana. See attachment.

Zhukov 31-10-2006 01:22

Is EVE any good? Ive heard both good and bad stuff about it.

Savahl 31-10-2006 07:44

I got stuck at the tutorial....

3 times :(

icarus 31-10-2006 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savahl (Post 254501)
I got stuck at the tutorial....

3 times :(

Took me one night to complete :o

Also got stuck waiting for some pirates that never showed up.. but they came eventually

Savahl 31-10-2006 08:49

i got stuck cos my ship, for some reason, started to spin and i couldnt get it to stop. So I did what I always do in these situations....

Uninstall the game and never look at it again! (normally i hide them...i hid techu on the ps2 for a good 6 months before i actually played it properly :<)

Leviathan 31-10-2006 10:11

Legion so does not want you!

]x[ 31-10-2006 11:32

i want hot sex0r with you Levi :p

Precursors 31-10-2006 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by icarus (Post 254504)
Took me one night to complete :o

Also got stuck waiting for some pirates that never showed up.. but they came eventually

u gotta use the acceleration gates

DeEvil 31-10-2006 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savahl (Post 254505)
i got stuck cos my ship, for some reason, started to spin and i couldnt get it to stop. So I did what I always do in these situations....

Uninstall the game and never look at it again! (normally i hide them...i hid techu on the ps2 for a good 6 months before i actually played it properly :<)

lol

i had a few troubles myself in the tutorial.. i couldnt control my ship and it started to go full speed ahead. i tried to stop it but it didnt wanna do what i wanted it too...
i was disconnected and when i came back i was somewhere between Nowhere and Nothing, and as it was my first time i didnt get it how i was to get back to now the hell i was be4 my ship went on like a raging bull...

so i deleted my char, and did another try...

same thing, ofcourse... KKAaaAABLAaaamm full throttle away from the safe tutorial start... what happens next ?? Disconnected..

i log in again.. i ended up in the outer space trying to get somewhere i thought i was safe.. i gave up after 3 hours...

My experience from the game?

hmm what was it i was thinking of that can compare it to this game??

oh thats right... the movie... "Lost in Space"

so i did as u Sav, removed it from the puter...

maybe ill pick it up again, dunno.

ps. its a beatiful game =)

vattav 14-12-2006 06:30

This game is.... I dont know. I can't do anything. I'm either too stupid, or too old to get it, I'm *hoping* the latter, cause I cant do anything here. And that tutorial... Sweet lord, Ive been trying, but please.. what are we talking here 10 hours?

Aaanywho.. its purty at least!

Bociwen 14-12-2006 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by vattav (Post 259504)
This game is.... I dont know. I can't do anything. I'm either too stupid, or too old to get it, I'm *hoping* the latter, cause I cant do anything here. And that tutorial... Sweet lord, Ive been trying, but please.. what are we talking here 10 hours?

Aaanywho.. its purty at least!

Heh, yea the tutorial is loooooong, but at least they dont leave anything out :P

Xenius 14-12-2006 15:02

yup one of the worst best toturials i have ever tried.!

Muteki 18-12-2006 20:23

legion promo video!

and uh dunno about the tutorial, im sure they've changed it when i first did it

TAZ 20-01-2007 22:44

Hey all, Ive just downloaded the client, and will be jumping in right now to give it a try.

----------

Ive tried opening the file, and it comes up to the page to put login info, but every thing is very hazy, i cant read any of it, and cant see the setup to change the res for it or something....

Anyone able to help me ??

Molotov 21-01-2007 02:21

no idea personally, hope you sort it out though and gl with EVE

Precursors 21-01-2007 07:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAZ (Post 264631)
Hey all, Ive just downloaded the client, and will be jumping in right now to give it a try.

----------

Ive tried opening the file, and it comes up to the page to put login info, but every thing is very hazy, i cant read any of it, and cant see the setup to change the res for it or something....

Anyone able to help me ??

that login screen is just a window, setup screen can be reached after you login and launch the game. If that window is not readable i doubt it has anything to do with resolution or any display setting. I would only recommend re-installing the game. If it still gives the messed up login screen then it'd suggest that the files are corrupt, then you should dowload the game again.

TAZ 21-01-2007 08:25

Hecian suggested it might be my gfx card on this computer, im buying my new gfx card tomorrow, so should have it tuesday. (tomorrow is monday for me)

And then ill give it a test

Precursors 21-01-2007 13:03

can't have anything to do with the gfx card
the login screen is a simple window, it's not 3D or anything
if that login window looks corrupted then installation must have gone wrong

xeni 22-01-2007 09:00

Latest interview about the new expansion

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?s...&page=1&bhcp=1