Legion Forums

Legion Forums (http://www.legionhq.org/index2.php)
-   The Colosseum (http://www.legionhq.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   wtb computer expert (windows firefox) (http://www.legionhq.org/showthread.php?t=17837)

zyrtec 26-12-2005 21:44

wtb computer expert (windows firefox)

buggy firefox

Just upgraded firefox to 1.5 and all pages looks like shit, worked just fine with the version i had before.. IE has been like this a while too, heeeeeeeelp me 8-O

tried to update flash, shockwave and java but that didnt help..

Animoy 26-12-2005 23:32

oi O.o

hmm....tried uninstalling completly? delete all crap etc

Tho, since ur saying your IE has been like this for a while it might be something else. Dunno if both browsers use any common files, wouldnt think so

razor 27-12-2005 11:57

Both browsers are completely seperate

First idea i came up with was clear cache but then i saw IE had it too

Have you installed an internet security suite or firewall ? It might be something that blocks some content along the way.

zyrtec 27-12-2005 12:52

Animoy: Tried to reinstall everything
razor: nothing like that installed

Horus 27-12-2005 14:56

the world looks better after drinking!
probably your browser window too?

Carpeia 27-12-2005 15:11

Format c: :P

or come to me with it, so i can earn some money :)

Carpeia 27-12-2005 15:14

My guess is that something with your settings here are borked..

Sandsnake 27-12-2005 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carpeia
My guess is that something with your settings here are borked..

ummm...I'd like to buy a vowel? :dead:

It looks like you have something blocking background images. Make sure you have javascript enabled and are not using some sort of customized CSS settings. Make sure you have "From this site only" unchecked in web features, as often, larger sites will actually be hosting some images on a different domain.

zyrtec 27-12-2005 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandsnake
ummm...I'd like to buy a vowel? :dead:

It looks like you have something blocking background images. Make sure you have javascript enabled and are not using some sort of customized CSS settings. Make sure you have "From this site only" unchecked in web features, as often, larger sites will actually be hosting some images on a different domain.

its unchecked and java/javascript enabeled

Sandsnake 27-12-2005 15:43

ran ad-aware, spybot, microsoft anti-spyware, or anything like that? I doubt thats the problem, but *shrug* what extensions are you using?

zyrtec 27-12-2005 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandsnake
ran ad-aware, spybot, microsoft anti-spyware, or anything like that? I doubt thats the problem, but *shrug* what extensions are you using?

No extensions installed atm and no spyware etc fond

Sandsnake 27-12-2005 16:10

Well, something is blocking images. I know you said "no" but you're SURE you're not using ZoneAlarm, norton, or any sort of firewall, hardware or otherwise? You have a completely direct pipe to the internet?

Icewolf 07-01-2006 10:38

as said on IRC; firefox looks like this if you disabled colors for websites.
Options -> Content -> Colors -> check "allow pages to display their own colors, instead of my selection above"

cu starside
Ice