Legion Forums

Legion Forums (http://www.legionhq.org/index2.php)
-   The Colosseum (http://www.legionhq.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Planetarion has come to an end... (http://www.legionhq.org/showthread.php?t=25862)

Willzzz 18-01-2009 15:48

Planetarion has come to an end...

For those of you who care the company which own Planetarion are pulling the plug. They are giving the code to the PA Team but keeping the name, which means they keep the servers etc too so PA is bassicaly dead. so this round (round 30) which will be starting shortley will be the last ever round of PA.

If anyone is interested as it is ofc free come play www.planetarion.com I know ive gone on about this for ages now, but point is we were born here in this game and this will be its last ever round. so come join us in #legion on irc.netgamers.org and Play PAs last ever round.

Willzzz

Rock 18-01-2009 16:44

its too bad but this was going to be my last round anyways.

]x[ 18-01-2009 16:53

Will prolly play cause its the last round and got a net connection finally at my own place \0/

Agamemnon 18-01-2009 19:33

They're searching for a host for more rounds -.-
Unfortunately..!

Willzzz 18-01-2009 21:44

The PA team were given the code idd, but no server nore the name. So of course PA as we know it tbh is dead. Guess you got what u were after Aga :p

Agamemnon 18-01-2009 22:23

You mistake me for someone who cares about that sort of stuff :p

Sandsnake 19-01-2009 00:32

That actually makes me kind of sad in a nostalgic way...not that I've played in 7 years (or had any desire to, for that matter) but still! Legion's birthplace is getting the wrecking ball.

Feel the [Fury]! hah :p

What's disturbing is how many people never left. I think I'd be a psychotic mess after 8 years of the same crap. I was so happy when I stopped thinking of real life in ticks...

Rids 19-01-2009 21:24

As much as we all malign this game for the various crimes it commited against us, and made us commit against eachother, without it, this community wouldnt be here today.

So I say this, Strength and Honour, Legio Victor, farewell to a game, that for all its numerous faults, laid the foundations for this community of fuck ups and misfits that we have here today.

Rest In Peace Planetarion.

Sabre 20-01-2009 11:30

rids getting sentimental.... hell just froze over

Zhukov 20-01-2009 23:28

It was a ubershit game that seriously fucked up my sleeping pattern. Not to mention that you started to think about the day as "ticks".

Then there was other things, like dreaming about my beloved Legion when I was sleeping between 0310 and 0650 in round 4, being worried about legion was going to make it or not.

Upside: Getting to know some really cool people, laughing so hard I almost fell off my chair when playing Sid and generally having a lot of fun pulling tricks on people.

If I ever go to Vienna, I will visit you Horus :)

P.S Rids: I still have the galaxy banner where the wolf is killed as my windows background! (wolfpack, feel our cold, cold steel!)

nano 20-01-2009 23:42

on one side im happy on the other side i met some great ppl through this game who i will never forget even though i never met most of them in person stil was good times but life goes on :P
think ill go for a scanner if anyone needs ;p

Precursors 22-01-2009 09:46

That's seriously fked up
I was hoping to expect some PA invites in my retirement 30 years from now when i'd have no need for sleep anyway, had my hatchet buried for round 150 :(

__Thor__ 22-01-2009 09:56

you could retire now!

Ninja 24-01-2009 10:40

finally this has coming to an end, Willzzz can finally move on :D

TAZ 25-01-2009 12:18

Hmm decided to make an acct to have something to do or at least till i get bored i guess. So many memories of late nights, and random sleep patterns

ramp 28-01-2009 12:54

I read about Jolt dropping a lot of stuff, I guess PA was one of them.

Then again, on the hardware nowadays and the price of traffic, it is alot more feasable - and cheaper - to host it.

Horus 28-01-2009 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramp (Post 301664)
I read about Jolt dropping a lot of stuff, I guess PA was one of them.

Then again, on the hardware nowadays and the price of traffic, it is alot more feasable - and cheaper - to host it.

so you are about to tell us you are going to become the new spinner???

Zhukov 29-01-2009 22:12

ramp can eat while he takes care of the servers and the game, you know.

btw, ramp, how big are you these days? :wink:

DarK_AnGeL^ 30-01-2009 20:01

Im pretty sad to see it go. Lets hope if someone does pick up the reins for the game they are able to do something creative with it.

Stength and Honour :)

B|2bb3r 04-03-2009 13:15

omg is this game still runing

patsz 07-03-2009 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabre (Post 301384)
rids getting sentimental.... hell just froze over

that is what we would call the truth :-)

Willzzz 07-03-2009 21:33

Unfortunatly PA was bought again by an ex PA player and will hopefully have some new developments so guess for round 31 ill be returning to it. Feel free to find myself always on netgamers server from now on in #vts or ofc #legion

Infact, i am taking it upon myself to maybe create a small Battle group legion/group within PA. Not an alliance just a small group of players coming togther for attacks and of course u can sort ur own defence within the channel. Round 30 which is taking place now ends on april 3rd i beleive so we have plenty of time. If ur interested in this Battle group idea of just us old friends having fun no preasures then stop by on irc.netgamers.org on those channels above. Hope to see you around for round 31.

sLak 07-03-2009 23:14

something with beating and a dead horse or so

Def2K 30-03-2009 22:06

Why can't that game just die. Its bad enough it ruined my youth but I want to break free in adult life... :)

razor 08-04-2009 13:47

Def2k, you wouldn't have known me if it wasn't for PA !!! :p

No beer journey in amsterdam with razor etc. No missing train and walking home...

Willzzz 09-05-2009 15:10

I like the picture posted on the front page btw. Some good memories.

Def2K 12-05-2009 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by razor (Post 303861)
Def2k, you wouldn't have known me if it wasn't for PA !!! :p

No beer journey in amsterdam with razor etc. No missing train and walking home...

Forcing a train to stop on my station was one of the more hilarious moments of my live, indeed :0

So, its not ALL bad... still tho :)

Horus 12-05-2009 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Def2K (Post 304747)
Forcing a train to stop on my station was one of the more hilarious moments of my live, indeed :0

löl

now we want to hear the story :p

Def2K 14-05-2009 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horus (Post 304751)
löl

now we want to hear the story :p

Wasnt all that exciting really.

razor was in Amsterdam for his work and we decided to go and grab some beers. This ended up being a few beers more then expected and we nearly missed the train back.

Since razor was pretty clueless about the way dutch public transport functions, I helped him to get on the right train. This caused me to miss the train I needed to catch.

Basically I missed the last train that would stop at my station. Forcing me into a 30 minute walk (from the next stop back to my station). When I got on the train I started chatting with the driver (machinist) of the train.

I managed to convince him it would be really cool for me if he'd stop at my station. Since the train was virtually empty (barely 100 people in it) he was all like 'ah hell why not'. He radio'd in to HQ and asked permission. Was a really short stop and only the doors where I was standing opened. Was quite cool actually :)

So yeah, that was fun :)

Willzzz 24-05-2009 23:27

I was expecting more along the lines off 'He stepped out in front of the train stopping it' sort of story :p

Gatewayy 24-05-2009 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willzzz (Post 304955)
I was expecting more along the lines off 'He stepped out in front of the train stopping it' sort of story :p

Me to :P

Def2K 25-05-2009 09:33

I might be crazy, but Im not suicidal :)

patsz 28-07-2009 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandsnake (Post 301340)
That actually makes me kind of sad in a nostalgic way...not that I've played in 7 years (or had any desire to, for that matter) but still! Legion's birthplace is getting the wrecking ball.

Feel the [Fury]! hah :p

What's disturbing is how many people never left. I think I'd be a psychotic mess after 8 years of the same crap. I was so happy when I stopped thinking of real life in ticks...

I feel a need to say AMEN. (and I'm not religious mind you..)

Zhukov 03-08-2009 22:38

PA fucked up the start of my time as a student at uni. It fucked up my sleeping pattern. It sometimes haunted me in my dreams (like r4 when I was dreaming about legion would be making it trough the night).

But one can regret in the afterlife. I had a good time. I had a lot of good laughs. I had fun impersonating others and pissing people off (I still have a anti-wolfpack background on my pc, hehe). I meet some cool people (just last week I went out in Berlin with Salomo, if anyone remembers him).

Btw Horus, Im going to visit you in Vienna some day! Then you will pay for bringing me back in r5, when I had tried to quit!

Willzzz 04-10-2009 22:00

Horus ogami and Zy have returned, i might even play next round if anyone would like to join me in a gal for maybe some amusement next round let me know.

Carpeia 05-10-2009 12:12

Ive played this round :) being in a top 5 gal most of the round, until a couple of app members crashed, and gave up :(

Ah well, next round ill be there from the start!

Gaijin 05-10-2009 14:10

PA for iphone! now that would be innovation, hehe

horus, when are we meeting for a beer?

zyrtec 05-10-2009 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaijin (Post 307640)
PA for iphone! now that would be innovation, hehe

horus, when are we meeting for a beer?

If you have the new 3G phone you can play pa without any problem! Join up:p

Gaijin 06-10-2009 16:26

still not joining might consider to be a scan planet though if there was an iphone app ^^

Willzzz 10-10-2009 16:06

it works quite well on ifone so ive heard :p