Thread: SWG Strategy
View Single Post

Old 28-02-2003, 21:56   #50
Johnny Rico

Until the expansion comes out you won't have the ability to become a Dark Jedi. Considering that you must become a Jedi first, most people won't even have the opportunity to fall to the dark side until after the expansion is released. The Devs plan to add the Dark Jedi capability in an early update. They are creating the Jedi system to take into account Dark Jedi. However, you won't be able to become a Sith Lord in the game, because the films explicitly state that there are only two Sith Lords at any given time, and the two during the time of Star Wars Galaxies have been clearly identified as the Emperor and Darth Vader.

"I was under the impression that u have to be either Neutral or aligned with the rebels to become a 'Light-Jedi' (ie a good jedi). Then you fall into becoming a 'Dark-Jedi' (a bad Jedi). Hence if you aligned with the imperials you wouldn't be able to unlock FS."

Actually, this isn't the case. Your main character does not become a Jedi. Rather, the actions of your main character can unlock an additional character slot which is Force-sensitive. Characters created in this additional slot can then advance through the Jedi skills as well as any of the other skills in the game (subject to perma-death of course). Each player account allows for only one potential Jedi slot and the mysterious method to unlock it won't be the same for every player. So it may not make a difference who your main character is alligned with before your FS slot is opened. However, we really have no idea what it will take to open a FS slot, so ultimately you could be right!!!

JR.
Service Guarantees Citizenship

I only have one rule: Everyone fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you. -- Lt. Jean Rasczak.

Last edited by Johnny Rico; 01-03-2003 at 13:45.