Thread: SWG Strategy
View Single Post

Old 21-02-2003, 11:35   #22
Quinn

Regarding the original question, I seriously question the value of Jedis, given that the ir permadeath will make them too risky a proposition for PAs to gamble too much on.

The dev team says that unlocking a FS slot will probably take about a year for the average gamer. If I know the average LEGION gamer that time will probably be halved for most parts - that is if you go straight for unlocking the FS slot. This means that we will all have chars that we have devoped for all that time, which should make them better than any Padawan-wannabe.

Then comes the Jedi training, which is pretty much undisclosed. It is only certain that making it to Jedi Master will be tough going, and will involve potentially lethal challenges that only the FS character can face (Mara Jade in single combat for example).

Then if a character finally makes it to JM level, he will be hunted by pretty much everyone. I know that I would love nothing more than having my Jedi Killer that I developed for a year or more at this point to collect a few JM scalps to hang in my belt. If for nothing else, then for the satisfaction of pissing off some Obi-Wan fanboy that just wasted his past year gettin that far :)

Of course i don't know just hoe effective a JM character will be, but all it takes is one ISP failure and it's adios muchachos - wasting not only that person's playing time, but also the time of the people who have kept them safe until then.

Also training a jedi character pretty much ties up that person from alliance involvement while it's being developed, making the battle harder for the rest of us.

*clink-clink*