Thread: WoW, AO or SWG
View Single Post

Old 12-03-2006, 15:14   #22
Himiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewolf
that's what i am really waiting for as well, I so miss good PvP - daoc style (never really played AO long enough to experience Notum Wars). daoc RvR is the best MMORPG PvP i have ever seen so far, WoW has the potential to be as good, but they are too afraid that good guilds will dominate it...

cu starside
Ice
It's not them afraid of guilds dominating it (they already do, for them most part). The problem is that the current pvp rank-up system rewards how much time you put in, not necessarily how much skill you have. I personally disklike this, but if you want to rank up and get the most cp/hour you WILL have to afk against good groups in AB/WSG, because regardless of how good you are AB games against a good group will take a minumum ~28 mins (2:3 game) and WSG could take hours. And this is why the system sucks, the simple fact that you can just type /afk and get out of any hard match. Blizzard's introduction of the "deserter buff" does absolutely nothing to deter this since you can have someone else queue you up if you are in a raid group and they are in a seperate group from you even if you have the buff. My opinion: make it a ladder system based solely on wins/losses, fixing the loophole in the deserter buff so it actually does its job correctly, and deal with abuse (people giving each other free wins/losses) with a ban. This would make the system less focused on how much time you spend, but rather how many games you can win, regardless of their difficulty. Overall pvp in WoW is very biased towards better geared people, so regardless of skill the system still sucks imo :(. Just my 2 cents on what you're getting yourself into if you play WoW BGs (can't rank up from just world pvp, which is rare anyway), can't speak for any other game though. Don't mean to deter you from it, because its certainly fun, it just sucks because it has so much potential yet Blizzard does nothing to improve it significantly.