View Single Post

Old 22-10-2006, 12:36   #11
Fred
Evil Grunt

I had a quick read of what I could find there and it seemed rather sterile. Did I miss something when looking there?

I think it even said Grendel was french...... I always thought he was from Belgium...... am I wrong?

Anyway for an alliance with so much history we deserve more. It is probably not a bad time for some of the moments that shaped things to be more common knowledge.

It would take some time and probably stir up some memories... some of which are probably messed up a little after 6 years but some only seem like yesterday.

I know of only a few things that perhaps were not known...... but the biggest keeper of secrets would be Biggdogg as he had a way of creating intrigue with Sid. Even some of our ex Fury friends could shed some light on our history... I bet Thug knows a few things that would be interesting to hear.

Gren probably doesnt want to stir up old memories but I did see Wilzz post on the PA forums recently and some of the early days would be good. I know from when Grendel and Decoy invited me in round 2 and I still remember the private room when we turned on Apok and WaC and formed from a wing to full alliance. Probably the worst part was it was just before "Bash a WaC" day and the incoming I had recalled because I wasnt WaC but Legion and so not worthy of being attacked. What a shame my theifs didnt do much as eonium was a problem those days and once I defended Grendel and then recalled when they recalled I had no fuel to do much more until the next day. Eonium was such a stupid concept and I had to trade with my gal mates all the time and usually lost out each time with their rates of trade.

I still remember talking to Rids teh first time and he had some tuba who wanted to attack me but recalled.

And what about Jonkas wing who wanted to kill us single handed. I remember talking to him later and he was always annoyed he never attacked us when he had the chance. Still Legion was the bold and the brave and so deserved to triumph. I think I remember being in the war council once with Sid and convinced him he should attack the odd galaxies and Legion the even ones as I had worked out the best gain was from the even ones. I had a notepad back then that had all the login times of the major galaxies and their planets (remember the asterix that was on for 2 hours after you timed out ;) and without the WaC bot knew what was best. i was pretty bored at the Motel so had plenty of time to do this. Being and Aussie was unusual then and every-one thought that any-one good had to be a Euro or American and so underestimated Aussies.

And what about one of the forgotten Aussie Legion HC ... The Unknown.... when he was hot he was just plain scary but he had a short fuse and lost it once to the wrong person. And there was the breakaways from Legion..... Titans, NoS (Dingo was Legion once wasnt he?) and a few others like my Wolfpack.

Most came back home at some stage... and of course there were the people that started in other alliances then came to the Legion Family.

Wilma is calling so I better go but is there enough about our history really around?