Thread: new CM4 -03/04
View Single Post

Old 04-02-2004, 15:25   #22
Xerxes

I got the new version now, well, the new features are good. But the playerbase is to small ( when it comes to foreign players )
So I don't know if the new version is such a great improvement.

Well, the problem is that Cristiano Ronaldo is overestimated in the game. Zhuk, If I were you I would buy him to the second season ( he's usualy just decent during the first season, but later on he's do one goal a game or more ). Myself I play Man U so I don't have to buy him :)

Oh yeah, buy Rooney from Everton, he's 17 when the game starts and I bought him for around 15 million £ for the second season ( could be wrong about the ammount though )
Anyway, I have seen him in several diffrent teams and he does lots of goals regardless of team.

Another tips is Micheal Owen, he always does lots of goals in the second and third season.

Also, if you manage a major club, check for player who's contracts runs out. For the first season there are lots of great players who can be contracted for free.
Myself I contracted Henry to United ( like Henry would like to go to United in reality, hehe, but imagine if he would ;) )
Emre and Dejan Stankovic are other examples. Both usualy play very good.

Can't think of more good tips at the moment.
But players like; Beckham, Roy Makay and Paul Scholes usualy play way beyond their real potential.

Myself I actually had to get a new attacking mitfielder instead of Scholes when I played Red Devils.

What about you Zhuk ? any tips ?
In past versions I have always found cheap players who is pure gold, but so far I have found no cheapish wonderkid ( Untied usualy wants quite alot for Ronaldo )

Last edited by Xerxes; 05-02-2004 at 14:18.