Thread: Shadowbane!!!
View Single Post

Old 28-04-2003, 02:06   #33
Lantador

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Rico
Hey Lant, what do you think of Shades?

I'm really digging stealth modes and am starting to think that I may enjoy playing the role of the recon scout. Too much fun standing in the middle of the enemy's base without them knowing.

My question to you is if it is possible to become profficient enough with sneak so that you are undetectable by Shades and by other scouts or if they will always be able to trump your invisibility powers. If this is the case, it semms like a Scout is automatically gimped by a Shade/scout and therefore virtually useless.

Another question:

I was wondering what types of skills are needed by the R30s. You guys need pure warriors, or are you in need of support personnel, i.e., healers, scouts, or even possibly thiefs?

I'll /tell you when I'm on.

AND YES, GIVE US OUR OWN FORUM

PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!

WITH SUGAR ON TOP !!!

JR
The shades detect power is useless, sneak or hide above level 20 is undetectable by the power they have.

A scout with GMed detect WILL have a fair chance to detect a GM sneak/hide, but it will be hard for him.

In R30s all kinds are viable, but if you want an easier time getting XP groups, pure tanks (barbarians or warriors) and especially healers with summon ability are the way to go.

However I wouldnt worry too much about whats needed or whats easiest in terms of getting into good groups, but instead pick the class you feel comfortable with, and preferably one that will pwn in PvP, not PvE.

For PvP, Human Confessor, Irekei Mage/Assassin, Minotaur Barbarian, and Warlocks are the way to go IMO. You will aso need a healer in a good PvP group, but hell if I'll play a support char. Thats someone elses job! :D