Thread: Strategy Games
View Single Post

Strategy games
Old 12-05-2003, 20:29   #9
Vegeta
Super-Sayan

Strategy games

Steel Panthers I-III
Very good of course. I suggest you to download Steel Panthers Worl at War. It's a giant mod for SP with all units of all country in the second world war.

Panzer General I&II
Panzer Panthers II is one of my favorite games. Very easy to play and really strategic. The campaign 'Defending the reich' is a good challenge.

Civ I-III
Civ III is awesome, they improved some many things.
Well done 8-O !!! The multiplayers add on 'Play the World' increase the gameplay but i don't have it :no:

Civ Call to power I
Call to power is really a good game. They add many nice things, it was ma favorite Civ game until Civ 3 comes. I prefer btw like in Civ 3, limite game to units and buildings that really existed.

Space Empires 4
I have it not really played it a lot, lack of time. I have it on hard disk, several mates tell me it's a good game.

Europe in Flames
I know it from name, never played. I would be happy if you can help to test it.

Nice selection I must say :yes:

I will add my favorite strategy games :

- Europa Universalis and Europa 2 : The best historical strategy game ever. Read the manuel and the forum ! Everything is simulated.

- Heart of Iron : world war 2 wargame based upon highly modified Europa engine. I have it since a few days, not played it a lot yet (lack of time).

If you are a pure wargame fan, you can try operationnal art of war. I am still searching the 'Century of Warfare' edition wich integrate the world war campaigns.

I also love a lot the Rebellion Star Wars that is a good game, better when some units stats are ajusted with the RebEdit editor.
I know there is some Rebellion players in Legion.

I love also Close Combat 3, Master of Orion 2.

I will finish with my favorite game of the moment:

_ Kohan and Kohan Hariman's Gift Extension.
This game is an heroic-fantasy real time strategy game.
It's a mix between an rts and heroes of might and magic.

You can adjust time speed, your heroes lead your army, everything is classic but good. Interface is efficient.
A really good game !

:p