Thread: hi all
View Single Post

Old 06-09-2004, 09:54   #5
razor
Cannibal Clown

I think the dedication of many peeps in the big alliances made most of them grow totally tired of those kind of games. I couldnt imagine spending several hours a day on a browser game, actually any game anymore. In the old days i would check my planet everytime i could at work where i found a PC with inet access. We had to use a userid to auth against our proxy server and since i was new back then i didnt have full inet access yet. So i sneaked into offices where ppl left their PC unlocked to get a quick view of how my planet was doing and how attacks/defences went. After work id be on IRC all evening while checking my planet every 10 mins or so and trying to stay up for the launch times heh. The sleep i missed back then and i wasnt even that dedicated that id stay up or check my planet in the middle of the night while lots of others did. Im amazed that ppl stayed interested in the game for that long now when i look back at it.
We now moved on to MMORPGs like SWG and AO and doing well in them. Not playing either of them atm - just waiting for WoW bèta invitation :D
Like Ice said, feel free to stop by on IRC if you want. Link should be in the upper right corner of the main site if i recall correctly