View Single Post

Old 14-06-2005, 03:48   #4
Rateal
WoW Legionaire

its a 12 book series....he finished 90% of the plot lines in book 9 and made book 10 to intro the last 2 books, seriously I tell people don't bother reading book 10 untill book 11 is out. Agreed book 10 sucked but will see. I feel the guy has great plot, descriptions etc but he took a fall on this last book.

On the otherhand reading A Game of Thrones series by George RR Martin is almost a waste, the guy kills every char and plot, screws up by trying to lead you somewhere the story shouldn't go. Anyways I will get book 4 when it comes out still just to see if the guy has improved after spending 3 years doing comics of a short story based around the series.

Give Tad Williams a try he has one fantasy trilogy (Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn), 1 Sci-fi 4 book series (Otherland) 2 Stand alone books and just came out with the 1st book of another fantasy series (shadowmarch). He's controlled in his plots and chars, great descriptions and worlds one of my favorite authors, his writing reminds me of J. Michael Straczynski's approach to how he did Babylon 5 all planned out from the beginning.

My last sure win for reading is Neil Gaiman...If you haven't read his stuff or heard of it, I know you've seen it, besides doing the Sandman Comics he wrote some amazing books. One of the best authors out there in the world.
Novels include, Stardust, American Gods, Neverwhere, Smoke and Mirrors, Good Omans and a few others. Try neverwhere and american gods first, then work your way through his stuff, you'll be amazed by him.

Loves, Hugs and Doots all.
Eglin