View Single Post

Old 29-03-2006, 21:18   #5
Bluko

Yep this is a great game.

I simply love it, but it really isn't anything that new, but finally there is a good Star Wars RTS.

The AI isn't to smart, and that's about my only complaint, but it doesn't need to be, since I have had to fight a fleet of 25 some Corvettes.

One of my great little victories was on Alderaan, playing as a Rebel, yes I know I'm a bad little boy, anyways with 6 Inflatrators, or 3 Companies, a Raiding Party. I destroyed 2 Barracks and about 7 or squads of Stormtroopers, along with many Scout Troopers who kept doing suicide bombings, and an AT-AT. I also blew up 3 Mining facilities. I only lost 1 Inflatrator. Since I captured the ground I also got rid of their Space Station.

I tried to do the same on Ryloth, I killed Boba Fett, killed another 7 squads of Stormtroopers, blew up 2 Twi-Lek structures, some more Scout Troopers, but then Veers came in his special AT-AT and used Maximum Firepower, and well my guys were all together so they went bye bye.

I've done lots of great stuff with the Empire too. Had one Acclamator Cruiser take out some 8 Corvettes by it self. Oh and Darth Vader is damn near unstoppable unless 20 or so tanks surround him.

I've used Barracks to great effect since once the Rebellion invaded with about 60 or so units, yea a lot, I had 3 Barracks and two Factories, so I kept sending in the automatic squads it spawns. Every Barracks and such facility has an unlimited number of units that it can spawn, but each facility only gives you an additional unit. So I just kept sending these squads to bottle up their forces, and every time they died I got a new one and sent that one in, and I just alternated like that.

Always, always take out Barracks and such, otherwise you'll just keep having to fight an endless supply of the enemy. But hey this is what bombing runs are best for.

Great game, and AT-ATs are sweet, but take forever to build sadly.

Last edited by Bluko; 29-03-2006 at 21:24.