View Single Post

Old 05-03-2012, 00:57   #8
Primaris

Ims,

Please delete this thread.

People that are excited to be joining a guild to play with family/friends can get into a rush and just simply "apply" and not stop to think to spend time to read a "sticky" thread.

New applicants might not necessarily and truly understand why you want to know the info that you request, or would rather keep it private for one reason or another.

The facts of this application topic’s chain are:

- At the time this post was made, I was in vent listening to the sponsor talk about this applicant.
I did not have much input as I was a healer pvping at the time. This applicant and his sponsor are siblings. The applicant has desired to be in Legion since he started playing SWTOR because the people he knows that plays SWTOR comprise a few of his friends and family. I do not recall in the conversation if this applicant’s sponsor did or did not inform the applicant to read the “sticky.”

-In the application above he stated everything that you asked for except:
-Under “What we expect from our applicants” he did not state his age.
-Under “Friends and family” he did not state his employment and play times.
-Under “General applicant”, yes this person could have stated more - but this person is not a “general applicant” and so it was not necessary.
-Simply put; he stated everything in the “sticky” that you wanted to know (except age, employment and play times) – all accomplished in brevity.

-Based on what I know of the situation, the applicant has wanted to be in Legion for some time and is anxious to join us. He has had unsatisfactory experiences with other players/guilds and has experienced – for the most part - good experiences with Legion players.

-Yes, the comments posted by the applicant did not have to be worded the way he did. And probably should not have been stated at all.
I too feel that he should appologize.
If you want to join a group of people you do not do so by insulting them.

Obviously he is frustrated with his game experience and does not want to miss out on the opportunity to play with a good guild and the people he has met in Legion.
He might also see the application process as just a formality as he has been playing with Legion members for so long.
I will talk to him and his sponsor when I can.

I’m not defending or attacking anyone. I’m just trying to get everyone to see this was a silly and unfortunate exchange – all over what appears to be a quickly written application post.

The bottom line is, after all, we all just want to play the same game together and have a good time.

I understand if the applicant does not get accepted and I will talk to the applicant and the applicant’s sponsor (the applicant and sponsor are siblings whom I both know) and try to smooth things over.

I’m too old for this drama.

Primaris “the peacemaker”

Last edited by Primaris; 05-03-2012 at 01:31.