Thread: Shadowbane!!!
View Single Post

Old 11-04-2003, 11:25   #7
Lantador

I've started on the "Scorn" server in SB, and made it to level 23 so far.. Just find a group to level with on newbie island from 1-20, then when you hit 20 you are forced to leave the safe newbie island and move to the PvP-enabled continent.

Even though PvP is enabled fully anywhere, people don't really attack each other that much, since coorporation gets you levelled faster than what you can manage solo.

Also the huge guild/city/nation system means that highleves don't just attack any lowlevels they see, since getting people into your guild is wise long-term. Of course, solo PKs do exist, like they should, but this game is very well balanced and cleverly made. Full PvP anywhere, but the system in reality means it isn't just total chaos and carnage. Excellently made really.

Still, when a theif tries to steal from you, or if someone annoyes you, its extremely refreshing that you have the option to just flat out kill them.

For instance, I was out with a group, someone comes and starts attacking the mobs we pull, and loot them. What do we do? 1) ask him to stop 2) kill him. I just remember all the games you've played where you can't do shit about griefers. You can in SB. It pwns.

Also, the danger of being attacked, killed and looted when out hunting makes this game so refreshing and fun. I love it. :)

My char is named "Lantador", feel free to send me a /tell if you start on Scorn! :)