Thread: Shadowbane!!!
View Single Post

Old 06-11-2002, 12:22   #2
Xcalibur

Look at the screen shots in the journals Hmmmm nices

i think teh gfx are lovely and even tho they arent mega mega uptdate that would reduce the lag and stuf

one journal of a beta tester:

After having created our guild and found friends in hard battles and fights, the time has come. We are looking for a new home for our community. But the world is big, the enemy's all over, and factors to think about are huntinggrounds for different levels and distances to other places.

Last but not least the guildmembers personal taste should be integrated in the planning before we plant our Tree of Life! Because we haven't got any sub-guilds and aren't connected to another nation, we only have one tree!

Finally we found the perfect place at the base of a hill near the ice desert in the north, a plateau. Kitae always thinking practical, he scouts the nearer area to find out if there is greater danger around. The mountains are the area of Bearkin's and Yeti's. In the ice there is a lot of Minotaurs and in the ruins to the south there are many wolves and their two feeted fellows.

The decision is made, we are going to build here. Now we are deciding which buildings we can build. Our goldpouches aren't endless and the Tree of Life has already taken a big part of our budget. Because of the dangerous area we will definitely need a barrack and guards.

A church, in which we can pray, sollicite for blessings and store our gold and loot, is essential. After long calculations and discussions we visit an architect. There we get the construction plans and hire the proper workers. Our gold flows away.

While the buildings are completing, I concentrate on the controls of the meanwhile active Tree. I pull the contract, which I have concluded with a Runemaster, out of my inventory and drop it in one of the empty NPC slots. And he turns up immediatly and does his duty. Now I have lots of possibilities in my controlwindow: upgrades, Condemn- (KOS) and Friendslist, maintenance costs, tranfer and destroy are available.

The Runemaster can be trained as well and has got individual functions, through him you can easily spread the healing energy of the Tree and define the tax rate on the different buildings. Because all buildings are belonging to the guild at the moment the default settings will be fine.

Other owners can bargain. The other workers will be spreaded the same way in their respective buildings and soon the place around the Tree of Life is filled.

Guards, who respond to their commander in rank and quantity, patrol around the buildings and guard our investments. The Burser of the church walks around his new home and the blacksmith waits for customers. Kitae who controls the blacksmith, orders his employee what to produce and sets a high profit margin - what a greedy bard... good that the prices for guild, nation and newcomers are different or I would have to have a serious talk to him.

there is more but u get the idea Sound ACe or what ?