View Single Post

A beautiful day in a Galaxy far far Away.
Old 12-11-2014, 20:15   #11
sigrid
/me fluffles BiggDogg

A beautiful day in a Galaxy far far Away.

Something tragic happened this morning.
I live in a very small village
Received a TG request from my alliance
I left my almost full shopping cart in the middle of the local supermarket
oh...staff gazing at me in awe
I ran out the door at 10.54
to have decent 3G outside
to launch an attack fleet before the tick.
In the middle of the street.
People looked at me.
When asked I told them “I am having an affair”
I think that sounded much more plausible
then “sending co-class spaceships to a galaxy far far away”.

Talking about my galaxy, you deserve an update. After quite a weird start with some minor clashes with my GC (dybi) we sort of settled. A BP with 4 BlackFlags , Dybi, gallzilla, Garm and Greytonic. Deras from the Rainbows, Gide (the drunk fin) from CT, me said the fool and an unallied guy. And at some point an exile came in, called Due from HueHue :P After tick 300-something the 5th BP member came in with an unpronounceable nick. Wich doesn't matter, he never speaks. Apparently he just erm...does stuff. Oh and since this morning there is a Newdawn exile present.
So thats my Galaxy, thats my Whatsapp-group for now.

In the beginning Dybi bossed everybody around. But he learned from previous clashes, he really did his best to ask nicely instead of telling me. Then usually after explaining the whole tactics behind me only building pirates and cutlass Deras would come and tell another long and slightly different story. It felt a bit like two captains on a ship. Altho Deras did end every conversation saying…”but you better ask Dybi, he is the boss”.

So i followed up the orders and build a BS fleet to defend in gal, and an insane amount of cutlass. This did weaken my FR attack fleet as its value is lower than my Cathaar team up so I get less roids attacking. (dilemma) At some point somebody in my Alliance tells me to build Cutters. Now I didn't have any so while discussing our fleets I said to my galaxy...I’ve been told to build 25k cutters. Everybody laughed, told me that was the most stupid thing they ever heard and surely my alliance was made out of idiots. Within a day BF HC told he heard from BF galaxy we are building anti DE fleets and was wondering why. Wich made Munkee angry and resulted in a rather unfriendly mail to alliance to shut the fuck up.

HELLO PA!
HELLO “do-not-trust-anyone”!

As if i am responsible for conclusions drawn by other Alliances HC just because I build cutters……..now who is the idiot in this story…(waves @ Clouds)

This fleet story is a good example however of how i feel this constant dilemma of dividing loyalty between alliance and galaxy. Obviously I joined them both this round only. So i have played equally long with them. I realise the galaxy is very important. I need their defence, and they need mine. If I defend in galaxy instead of in alliance, then they defend me wich saves the alliance sending me defence…..thats how it works. But my galaxy won't exist anymore after december 5th. They will forget about me on december 6th and probably roid me without feeling sorry next round. But I will still be in my alliance. Its a major difference from most rounds I played before. This balancing within a galaxy to stay away from each others alliances, be sort of enemies but still friends… In quite early rounds already one could choose a galaxy. And if somebody in your galaxy did not do exactly what you wanted they simply got roided a few days untill they did. Oh old school again:P

Anyways. My galaxy. Sunday Morning 6 am. I wake up and can't sleep anymore, I check my phone and see whatsapp filled with messages. Inferno hitting our galaxy, most of us have 2-3 waves on them. I get myself a coffee. Since sign up i am drinking my coffee from the official Planetarion coffee mug (“talk fast, my galaxy needs me”). I sit down and hell breaks loose. We try to get alliance defence and make fleets to do some sort of magical crossdef within the galaxy and it all made sense. Simply perfect fleets to cover each other, i must have send at least 5 times to different galmates, at some point pulled and resent a minute before the tick. Almost everybody online and my GC trying to sort it all. Around midday we realised we had everything covered and half of the fleets already pulled. Somewhere in the afternoon the last red fleet disappeared from the galaxy overview. 0 roids lost. If we would have all been in the same room I am sure we would have high5-ed each other. It was a remarkable morning and I suddenly realised again how great this game can be, this mix of a simple browsergame with such a great social network around it.

After the adrenaline slipped away we refreshed the galaxyscreen and saw 2 more incoming popping up. That turned out to be a retal on HueHue-Due from BF for 3 fleeting them while we were trying to hold on to our roids. We didn't defend it and therefore still lost some that day.

I have to compliment the guys I play with. Not only do they bear with me for a few weeks already, but they help me getting the grip on this game again as well. And my GC….he was right. He said, stick around, it will be worth it, and it is. He told me to build my fleet the way it is, fitting in the galaxy machine. Im actually proud of him. Especially because the next day our huehuedue 3-fleeter was on the targetlist of BF again and he claimed all 3 waves on his galaxymember. He must have some credit in his alliance i guess. And yes, my alliance is what I play for. Things will change during this round and next round we are no longer "your" galaxy Dybs. But so far...well done.

/me applaudes Dybi.
Don’t roid me next round fs!

Quote of the day:
00:06 Carpeia oi fuck
00:06 Carpeia i forgot i sent a fleet on montie for a joke before i left work
00:07 Carpeia hahaha
00:07 sigrid lol
00:07 sigrid did you land?
00:07 Carpeia yeah
00:07 sigrid awwww
00:07 sigrid oh come on
00:07 Carpeia totally forgot i launched it

Last edited by sigrid; 13-11-2014 at 00:10.