View Single Post

Old 25-02-2003, 16:58   #23
Lantador

The danish version of the Colt Commando rifle upgraded with optical aiming scope and new barrel is by far the best weapon I tried in the army.

We call it a "Colt M95/M96", the M96 is the same weapon but with a shorter barrel (and thus slightly more inaccurate) and foldable end piece, for use by tank personnel and special forces. There also exist a sniper version with a very long barrel and a light machine gun version of this weapon. For the light machine gun version the techies had to actually move the front support legs back since else the weapon was too accurate for a light machine gun, where you do want the projectiles to spread out a bit. :D

The reason I see the Colt M95 as the best weapon, is mainly its stability. You can litterally pour as much mud and debris into this rifle as you wish, and still it will continue firing. Furthermore it has next to no recoil at all, makes little noise, and is extremely accurate, both at short ranges and longer ranges.

In training while I was in le army I saw both danish and american navy Sea-Air-Land (SEAL) teams use versions of this weapon, and since these units are very picky when it comes to weapons, it speaks of the high quality of this particular piece.

Ive also tried rifles and small arms from a few other companies, but really Colt beats everythng, even legendary H&K. So, if I was to choose a single rifle to take with me into whatever situation, this would be the one.

:D