View Single Post

Old 14-04-2006, 15:19   #165
Z_Abea

Some of the responses in this thread are quite perplexing. While I do fully realize that Legion guild members are in the right mind to be insulted by such inquiries, the manner in which some went about during the construction of their posts could be perceived as rude, even more-so than that of the original question's content. Sure, it is correct to be offended by mentionings of Nazism and possible linkings to guild insignia, but bringing it to the point of a "flame-war" is a route this shouldn't have reached.

However, the attempts to link a guild of which obviously has Latin roots to the atrocities of the Nazi empire explain more about the original poster than that of the guild in question. Either he was trying to find a guild that followed his beliefs, and thought it to be such an abrubt end to his search that he had to further indulge into his findings (i.e. wonderment in regards to the Eagle symbol) - or, he's simply such a confused person that cannot relate Latin slogans to Roman symbolism. Whichever it may be, a post with such content shouldn't have made it to public viewing, and would have been more appropriate if handled in a system like private messages to guild leaders. If it was something as innocent as the latter (confusion), then your means of defense throughout postings, Grav, were more geared toward an initiative of trying to tarnish the entire Legion community. Thus, you eminated a sense of "retardism," in that your research was only geared at a single symbol and not the entire picture.

A flame-war was not necessary, but before asking about allegiances so frowned upon like Nazism, you may want to delve further into the entire picture in the future, Grav. Such unprofessionalism (you seem quite interested in historical matters - job hope/major?) could lead you into considerable trouble in the work force.
Quote #77904
<Sui88> 67% of girls are stupid
<V-girl> i belong with the other 13%