Thread: D&D online
View Single Post

Old 06-04-2006, 17:05   #4
Tasali
leaf blower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relifex
I tried beta, didn't like it at all. Its pure pve, and you can't solo shit. Me I like to do my own stuff at times, this game leaves no room for that. You only get xp for finishing quests, so you need to have 2-3 other party members with you at all times. Besides it looks kinda sucky, feels kinda sucky, I was not impressed. (And I've even played pen and paper for... 9-10 years :P)
Right on the money. DDO sucks. Turbine dropped the soap (YES THE SOAP) on this one, and a great big FUCK YOU to Turbine for it too, for screwing up what could have been a great MMO.

Can't solo crap, everything is instanced, 100% NO pvp, repeating quests is pretty much a must except that everytime you do it there are harder monsters, but it's the same damn dungeon. The world is tiny. This game is not at all immersive in any way. There is ZERO lore to identify your character or race... one of the things I always liked about WoW was how when you started out, your race has a story and furthermore, has individual quests unique to the goals of that race... ie, start as undead, and all your quests early on involve creating a new plague, etc. This lore was a good way to get immersed into the world, and feel like you're fighting for a worthy cause in this "world of WARcraft."

In conclusion, DDO is shit. It might be ok in about a year, but by then better games will be out anyway, so Turbine fails. I'm sure they will completely screw up Middle Earth Online as well. From what I read about it, they are indeed dropping the soap on it too.