Thread: WoW, AO or SWG
View Single Post

Old 14-03-2006, 10:53   #28
Maddix
Want to touch my lightsaber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thug
you are the ONLY person I've seen that had anything good to say about the game since the upgrade. Almost everyone I know that played prior to the upgrade has quit and moved to a different game.
Indeed most veterans would probably have done so. Despite the new combat system and all its positives (in my opinion anyway) there is a very distinct lack of end-game content available. So old-school veterans will have nothing new to do apart from PvP (which is also suffering due to the temporary removal of bases).

Also a point that needs to be made is that people hate change. The new system was drastically different and as a result a lot of people quit before getting to know exactly how it worked, before it even hit live (and since when have you been able to judge anything of a SOE product on their test centers? heh) or due (rightfully so) to the ridiculous way they went about implementing it with only 2 weeks warning and so soon after the release of a new expansion.

Everyone I know that still plays (and that is a large amount of people, altho admitedly hardly any in Legion anymore) generally agrees that the new system is an improvement, however, as has always been the case with SWG its not finished (which is why most of my praise was from a new player perspective) and lacks some seriously challanging/interesting/new end-game content.

As I said, while Kyreal was busy going on about its negatives (he is one of the veterans that didn't give it a chance for an extended period of time, altho in his case they did remove his favourite profession in CH, so don't really blame him), I do feel there are positives in there as well.

Æ - from the ashes of good intentions come forth lasting friendships... the Æternals