View Single Post

Old 15-09-2004, 21:20   #2
ramp
HC

I doubt that ball is going to roll :)

I've noticed numerous times when I didn't fill in my proper adress the transaction got denied. If they want to lock the euros out this way providing a fake american adress with your european credit card sadly isn't going to work. heh, If it would its kinda a sad you have to fraud to be able to give a company money.

Quote:
All European countries will be able to play at launch.
At the european launch that is , which is 3 months after the USA/Asia one sadly. (the article contradicts itself on a few occasions..) The locking system which prevents people from crossing realms would be "disabled" at some point after the EURO release ;/

So far the only Blizzard reply has been this:

Quote:
I’ve been bringing your concerns to the staff, and I do have a clarification regarding one the concerns brought up. Players located in North America will be able to choose between the USWest and USEast servers, though we’ll recommend you choose the location closest to you.

Also, I just want to make sure it’s clear that while we believe European players will have a significantly better experience playing on local European servers, we understand that some European players will still want to play on US servers. For these individuals, we will provide a specific solution following the European release.

I know that there are still some open questions from this thread, but I’m afraid that that’s all the information I have at this time. However, I will continue to pursue this subject internally and will let you know as soon as I have more information. Thanks in advance for your patience while I look into this further.

----
- Caydiem -
Assistant Community Manager, WoW
Either way, it's going to be quite a hassle, what we could use now is more info from Blizzard to clarify the situation.

Alot of people already have wow preordered from american shops (imports) hoping they can play at the USA release. If they have to provide an american cc/adress it's sadly going to cause alot of problems.

A definate guildbreaker, which , true, with alot of effort can be fixed somewhat, however you might want to wonder if it's worth it and choose for a mmorpg which doesn't apply these restrictions instead. Sad to say it but Eq2 comes to mind here.