View Single Post

Old 06-11-2014, 14:17   #5
sigrid
/me fluffles BiggDogg

Oh the changes!

This is probabely not the most exciting post to read. But its definately worth having a look at some major differences beween stone-age-PA and PA-2014.

Before „take off’ a lot has to be done. Obviously you need roids.
Now there is NO need for scanning for roids anymore…you just initiate as many as you want. (first big change!!). Make sure you have a good look at the race you picked and what you need most before initiating too many of the wrong resource! (COUGH)
Then you start building a fleet. (I am Zik) I was building myself some co class and then I wondered……where on earth did the Astropods go??.
Well, they are no longer. You now have ships in certain classes (corvette or frigate or like me even BS) that target roids instead of other ships. I am playing a single target round. Wich means every ship only targets one other class. Like with everything in this game there are players who love it and players who hate it and want MT rounds. When it comes to complaining about stats and things, notting really changed!!

Before launching my first attack I ran into so many things that have improved the game. Its playable for everybody. You can sleep and have a life and still have fun. First of all, you can queue your research and constructions. So no getting up at 3 am to start Hypergate . It will all be done for you.

Also you can pre-launch. The attacks are not arranged by launchtimes anymore but by LANDINGtime. (its still LT…meaning LandingTick) You land in a certain tick (they are numbered) and you calculate wich tick you should launch. If I launch at 3 am and want to sleep at 11 pm, I prelaunch 8(eta)+4. Landing tick in 8 hours (traveltime) and 4 extra pre-launch. And then I go sleep.

Yes. Sleep.

On the other hand the disadvantage is that one can see a prelaunch on a JGP scan. But that also means you can Prelaunch def. It doesn’t work as simple as it sounds but it is a fun tactics.

Also you can fake-attack and fake-defend (fleet will pull just before landing) and……you can HIDE your ships at base. So if they hit you before you wake up…fleet is safe. (you dont have to btw, you can also let your basefleet fight) Hide or fight…they still do take your roids…unfortunately:).

Now the best news (oh Radium if you only had this in round 3..) Ships do NOT need E to launch!!!!. After I miscalced the LT of my first attack a few times because i couldn’t figure out the pre-launch immediately I was worried about not being able to send fleet anymore due to lack of E. Hence I was looking how much it would cost…….and I was like…

WHAT???
IT COSTS NO E?
NO E TO LAUNCH????

Nope. Solarpanels apperantly. You just fly off into space as many times as you like….no worries….

Probabely the biggest change, and the best one also, is the Alliance page ingame. You name it and its there. You see all incoming in alliance, with scans added, def added, Battlecalcs added. You are able to see all you allies and their fleets, you can see WHAT they have home and IF they have a free slot. Its all there.
Also the scanning is done in-game. You can search for scans done by your alliance so no need to do the same scan twice. You can request scans ingame also. If you look at the universe you will see in every galaxy wich planets are in your alliance, but also you can see wich planets your alliance is napped to or hostile. A small green or red line appears around the planets. Those things are all ingame options for alliances. I am still browsing and finding new stuff, and a bit unsure still how to use it all but it makes a huge difference, all this information stored. No need for arbiter.

I am sure this post will be edited a few times because i forgot to mention another handy feature. I have not told you about the covert operations you can do (blow up shit, steal ships etc, wich doesnot work in gal, trust me i have tried….sigh)) and the use of different gouvernments with different benefits or the way you can set your population to work harder in certain fields so you can speed up the production of your ships . Its all not too difficult but very new to me. So keep an eye out for more details, whilst i start writing about the art-of-attacking.

to be continued!

todays quote:

15:37 Seraphim` I'm actually in anarchy
15:37 ReaperSix your always in anarchy it just happens your planet currently matches your life

Last edited by sigrid; 07-11-2014 at 19:01.