View Single Post

Old 14-04-2006, 06:29   #117
Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anunnak
This may seem harsh... but Jews werent the only ones to suffer during ww2...
Slavs lost oh what 25-30 million during that conflict? Do we fucking cry about it every chance we get? Do we need to remind others of what happend? NO we know what happened we accept it and move on.

Stop living in the past.
You know... I told Ramp I wanted to stay away from any drama related to WoW this time around. Unfortunately, this is something I can't pass up.

Some of you may ask why I am quoting this particular reply, well, the reason is simple. This whole thread, is a debate of symbolism, and what, The Legion, our guild, our online home, represents. We have someone making, what he claims to be an simple question, but also, in the same thread, fore-saw the fact that he would not be accepted into this guild.

How can you ask this sort of question already foreseeing the outcome? You say you simply must know. Honestly though, shouldn't you have done a bit more research. Even if it were only reading the few posts you had access to?

If you ask me, this post I have quoted, is by far, the most educated in the thread I've read. Yes, there have been numerous references to Ancient Rome, and Hilter's adaptation on similar foundations, but, this is what it boils down to.

No. I'm not Jewish. No, The Nazi Regime did not have any immediate effect on me personally, but it had an effect on my family. I am Canadian, as you can see in my avatar just left of my post. I also know it had an effect on Whaambulance's family, who lives one floor above me in my apartment building. In fact, I could almost say it had an effect on pretty much everyone living in my apartment building.

This whole thing, although it may have started as Nazi versus the Jewish People, involed, at the time, a large portion of the semi-large powers of the world. Hence, this war, was dubbed, World War II. This whole occurance didn't just effect two groups of people. This effected a majority of the worlds population. This effected EVERY SINGLE PERSON who fought in this war. This effect, was cause by numerous Countries fighting for the lives of other human beings, in this case, your Ancestors. Taking these factors into mind. You can rightingly assume that anyone knowing what happened in that time would absolutely dispise what the Nazi's stood for and believed in, in a group of people as large as ours.

I'm not saying that the original post was unjustified in his questioning, but, a little bit of common sense, a bit of thought, before a "knee-jerk" reaction, you would have realize that the question you were asking was completely out of place.

Although the people of this Online Gaming community can have our differences, and can show a bit of anominity towards each other from time to time, we are a guild that not only respect our members, but also everyone else that we encounter in our gaming endevours.

I know you said you did moderate research before posting. Moderate to me is a little bit, a little bit converts to a slight idea... And well, a slight idea, isn't something you want to make a post about when it comes to something of this significance.

Last edited by Sin; 14-04-2006 at 06:41.