Carpeia
Legionnaire

Bad quotes :P

Old 13-11-2014, 23:13   #20
Willzzz
Idle Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Ugh, this is bad - Legion going back to PA?

I don't even have an IRC client on this machine.

You know you're old school when you try and log on to IRC and end up on quakenet...
Never say never.

a small update of the psat 24 hrs.
Old 14-11-2014, 20:29   #21
sigrid
/me fluffles BiggDogg

a small update of the psat 24 hrs.

24 HOURS IN PA

#I have defended Deras but pulled 2 mins before the tick as I would lose 2100 pirates and 70k value while he would still lose roids. He totally emo'd out shouting

“when the fuck i would finally learn how to play PA and how stupid are you ffs ”

He in fact ment…

”when the fuck do you finally play it the way I demand you to and in MY benefit”

As most of you know me you all know he ran into the wrong person for that shit. The Bitch in me is bigger than your ego Deras. CLASH!

# I had to launch a frigate fleet at LT 640 and a Fake Fr at tick LT 641. I mixed them up wich resulted in a pull because i was piggying the wave before me and my team-up landing the co (fake frigates) alone. Major mess-up ...I felt so incredibly stupid.

# Dogg asks me to prelaunch def. Im In bed already on my phone. Supposed to launch at 8.6.6. but mistype (sigh) ending up deffing 8.6.7 (Dogg himself). I must have this subconscious desire to defend him..i hope he feels flattered. Shit .

# Dybi needs defence eta 6 anti de. He tells me that at 06.55. By the time this command reaches my still sleeping brain its 07.02. I launch eta 6. We find out the mistake when the attacker is eta 4 and i don’t pop up on galscreen. He lost loads of roids. I am so sorry.

# 3 waves of inferno incoming on me. Galaxy covers them all. THANK YOU GUYS! Wave 2 decides to land anyways and crashes into 14k of my galmates Wraith. He got some roids but lost complete BS fleet and almost 400k value. OUCH. Mailed him saying "I hope it was as good for you as it was for me".

# I HAVE AMAZING NEWS. I AM IN TOP 100.
Top 100 of most launches that is. Ranking 39. I know im active but i do think they count all those misscalced prelaunches also….

#[13:46] * Idler hugs sigrid with flowers and cookiedough

# I am a n00b. I am .

to be continued
[/SIZE]

Last edited by sigrid; 18-11-2014 at 00:15.

a small update of the past 24 hrs.
Old 14-11-2014, 20:31   #22
sigrid
/me fluffles BiggDogg

a small update of the past 24 hrs.

#
I have defended Deras but pulled 2 mins before the tick as I would loose 2100 pirates and 70k value while he would still lose roids. He totally emo'd out shouting “when the fuck i would finally learn how to play PA.” He in fact ment…”when the fuck do you finally play it the way I demand you to and in MY benefit” As you all know he ran into the wrong person for that shit. Nobody's Bitch i am. This bitch is bigger than your ego Deras. CLASH!

# I had to launch a frigate fleet at LT 640 and a Fake Fr at tick LT 641. I mixed them up wich resulted in a pull because i was piggying the wave before me and my team-up landing the co (fake frigates) alone. Major mess-up ...I felt so incredibly stupid.

# Dogg asks me to prelaunch def. Im In bed already on my phone. Supposed to launch at 8.6.6. but mistype (sigh) ending up deffing 8.6.7 (Dogg himself). I must have this subconscious desire to defend him..i hope he feels flattered. Shit .

# Dybi needs defence eta 6 anti de. He tells me that at 06.55. By the time this command reaches my still sleeping drain its 08.02. I launch eta 6. We find out the mistake when the attacker is eta 4 and i don’t pop up on galscreen. He lost loads of roids. I am so sorry.

# I HAVE AMAZING NEWS. I AM IN TOP 100.
Top 100 of most launches that is. Ranking 39. I know im active but i do think they count all those misscalced prelaunches also….

# I am a n00b. I am .

Last edited by sigrid; 14-11-2014 at 20:41.

Old 14-11-2014, 21:37   #23
androme

Deras is an idiot. I have successfully enjoyed SK'ing him round after round :D
PA - R3 - Legion - #32/100k+ players

Old 14-11-2014, 23:09   #24
sigrid
/me fluffles BiggDogg

FOR THE ALLIANCE!

And now for the most important part of my PA diary. The Alliance.
Where to start...so much to tell and there is new stuff daily I could write about.
As I said, I joined P3nguins. Thats because Assassin (who later turned out to be Willzzz) idles in #legion and took me in after a thorough interrogation:

Assassin: planning to be active?
sigrid: yeah guess so
Assassin: ok then

Well, that was easy. I am in. Alliances are totally integrated in the game now. Which first of all means they have a membercap of 60. No more then 60 ppl in an alliance. It does make the alliance ranking fair. If you win Alliance ranking, you are truly the best...and not the biggest. The game has amazing ingame tools now, up to the degree where you can see of every member of your alliance which ships he or she has home and how many free fleetslots they have. You specify what you need (anti-frigate) and what eta it should make (7) and you get a list of all available ships and players. The hardest part is getting hold of the player and make them actually send them. But there is TG (telegram) and SMS. There is an overview of all incoming hostiles and friendlies in the whole alliance...and you can add and adjust the bcalc on the battle so everybody can see if its needed to send more def or if its covered, and how. Really good system. There is many more features to oh-and-ah about. You better check it out yourself.

An alliance is a must, when playing PA. I can't imagine not being in one.
P3nguins was founded by Willzzz , M0rph3us, mPulse and Munkee. I don't know if it always has been the way it is now but P3nguins is quite a democracy. Almost every decision is made by ‘props’ which every member can vote on. Not all have equal vote, you collect points to vote from other players, usually for doing something nice. Its a very open alliance also.
Members have acces to all tools and are more or less expected to sort their own defence. Which should be a lot easier these days but I find it very hard. I know I spam a lot and chat easily but I truly hate asking or shouting for defence. Looking at how defence is arranged its clear to me I better stay away from that.

It took me ages to find out how the Bcalc worked as I kept trying to paste fleets in there. It turned out i just could use the ‘add my stuff’ button but since i was not actually logged in the game I never had that option. I am sure ppl thought I was a complete idiot for asking so much in the beginning also. At some point I didn't dare ask more stuff. All the things that are so obvious for all the people were totally new to me. The worst thing was somebody asking me to BC some incoming. And not even in PM but in public. Not really giving me an option to say no. Oh the horror. After struggling for half an hour I came to the conclusion that even if all available fleets would be send to def it still would not be covered. I don’t know if he enjoyed making me look like a fool or he actually wanted me to learn. It must have been a lot of fun watching it tho. And i can undertand they want all members to be capable to DC. But the result is I never tried again and have not asked for any def since. Thank god im not the only one screwing up tho.

07:29 p3negram @sms carpeia cerberus to 7 3 1 eta 9 please - (baasb) via tg
07:29 munkee .intel 7:3:1
07:29 munkee .tg baasb 7:3:1 aint even our ally...
07:29 munkee idiots
07:30 p3negram baasb - Ow shit
07:30 *** Filth joined #p3nguins
07:30 p3negram baasb - 3 7 1?
07:30 munkee fucking tits
07:30 munkee w/e im off

I am however not in the alliance for defence, but mainly for attacks and the social aspect. The social aspect is quite ok and the attacks are good!
They are organised daily and in an excellent way. Always decent targets, when full we just add a wave, and everybody seems to launch and land. When last wave is eta 5 or less JGP scans are uploaded on the website, you check and land or pull…….soooo simple.

Team up.
After asking a week for a team up (ziks needs cathaar) in the main channel I was hooked up with Loynis, from Romania. Incredible patient guy who helped me big time. He is a member of Bazza’s Battlegroup and after a while I was invited. So I am now attacking with the oldies Bazza and Uthor and M0, loynis, Flyflax, chimpie, winY and Howzat. Its quite fun, a relaxed group of people who dont worry if something doesn't go as planned. Its also handy somebody picks you a target if you are not there and v.v.. I think apart from the screw up in above post Loynis and I team very well and land most attacks.

The alliance does incredibly well. Altho there is a decent amount of nagging going on (what’s new, guilty also, I admit, I’m female after all) it's really a good alliance. Some players may not see that anymore. If you are in there a long time you take it all for granted maybe. But we are ranked #1 now, halfway, with several players in top 10 and good galaxies and a lot of active players. What more can you wish for….?

I am amazed by the amount of time some members spend in this game for the good of the alliance. All those attacks, Dogg and Bazza arrange, the endless politics munkee has to deal with, sharing it openly with us all btw...no such thing as "Kim-Il-Sid" here. The effort it took munkee to make TG work so well in in combination with IRC, the adding of intel. Its just a lot of hard work and I can barely believe some actually have a life still....my respect for that.

A small group of players chose to play the beginning of the round out-of-tag. They attacked with 3 fleets and grew bigger than average. After a while they were added to tag. And the score went up. I sense a bit of friction since they returned.

There is usually 2 groups of players: the social kind of player, chatty, willing to give up an attack to send defence and always last with targetpicking because they were discussing the latest episode of “Strictly come dancing”.
Then on the other side, the EGO’s. Ruthlessly roiding enemy planets in P3nguingalaxys who play for galaxy-win and constantly comparing penis size….errrrr, planet size, sorry, while claiming to be the one and only reason we are ranking #1 now.

yes, i am exaggerating!!

Well, obviously without them we would not be #1 but then again, they wouldn’t be ranking at all without an alliance and the rest of the alliance is still responsible for 80% of the score. So the possible future win is a mutual win. One can never win without the other. Ever. And they are all good guys, on both sides. I can even understand why they play like that in this round. I am very tempted to also just 3 fleet attack. It causes very interesting discussions in the channel with some emo but in a good way and with respect still. I LIKE IT. So stay tuned. More to come!

Looking at it as a n00b I am having a very good time still. Its really a very nice group of people and I do feel I fit in, despite the fact I spam WAAAAYYYY too much for some. I’m however quite upset Rampage overtook me in roids in no time...

to be continued...

quote of the day:
13:53 d|na I only call people stupid when they don't listen to what I say, as I'm practically always right

Last edited by sigrid; 18-11-2014 at 14:06.

Old 14-11-2014, 23:15   #25
sigrid
/me fluffles BiggDogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by androme View Post
deras is an idiot. I have successfully enjoyed sk'ing him round after round :d
i have his coords!

Old 14-11-2014, 23:29   #26
__Thor__
Shoot me

thats horrible. why dont you discuss dr who?

Old 15-11-2014, 00:15   #27
sigrid
/me fluffles BiggDogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by __Thor__ View Post
hmmm, i miss something here i guess?

Old 15-11-2014, 12:18   #28
Willzzz
Idle Master

Quote:
I tried.. no one else seems to know the show.

Oh btw:

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...guins+round+59

Old 20-11-2014, 12:28   #29
sigrid
/me fluffles BiggDogg

WHEN TWO TRIBES GO TO WAR

Ok….soooooo, with about 2 weeks to go P3nguins ranking #1. Quite a lot of old Legion and Fury in there. Willzzz being HC obviously made quite some of us join there.. Inferno seems to be the other ‘old-school’ alliance. Sk8az, Storebo, Idler, Zhil, elviz ...and quite a few more have their home there. And somehow we don’t get along. Alliance wise. We do have a lot of fun and some jokes in #legion, so if you ever want to say hi..we are there.

I am attacking and defending and attacking and defending… Getting the hang of playing Zik again, with an awesome steal . Had to rebuild the Thiefs but man, what a co fleet I have!!!

We were slowly building up to a war with runner up Inferno. Personally I think munkee is the king of politics. P3nguins napped so strategical I barely have to suffer when my galaxy is ripped apart. And my galaxy sure suffers...Sunday NewDawn hit and I had zero incoming, mondaynight it was Conspiracy Theory doing a lousy job trying to get some roids. Seen a few crash and burn…..clearly not the best alliances around when it comes to attacks. Our one and only CT member Gide (usually drunk or otherwise intoxicated) however went nuts in his alliance channel because they never asked or told him, wich resulted in him being banned several times (story of his life) while screaming they should not attack us as we are way too active anyways. THAT then resulted in his HC saying they better “sing another warsong” then. I guess thats why I am looking at a total overkill of CT fleets on my galaxy this morning, and this time also 4 fleets on me... Yo Gide! And as far as bad landings concerned, my GC did rename our Galaxy into “Kings of Crash”. I think so far I am the only one with my fleet intact.

Monday the war started. And somehow I am not really in it. After this build up to insane fleetmovements I was sort of excited, got that special feeling you get when your alliance is king of the Universe. We all remember that dont we:)
But on that very day my launches failed due to inet problems so I had fleets home, and while entering PA that morning I had the feeling I was in the middle of something really big, and everything and everybody was swirling around me but I came to a full stop myself..An Eye of the storm thingie. ....and all I did this day was 3-fleet defending my galaxy and everything was relaxed and at peace there. In the afternoon some Fleetcatching made it exciting after all. Yesterday I was 3-fleet attacking and my BS fleet unintentionally landed on Storebo. (sorry , grin)
I had to find myself a third target afterwards as my co-fleet one went in Vacation mode.

23:30 munkee sigrid for ure post on legionhq
23:30 munkee this is a real low day for pa
23:30 munkee when ppl go in vac to hide from inc
23:30 sigrid writing as we speak
23:31 sigrid my "two tribes go to war" episode
23:31 munkee its like realising the girl u fancied is ure cousin.. and u can no
longer go there

Ended up landing 2 out of 3 attacks wich is quite ok against Inferno targets.

We are in the middle of this ‘struggle for power’ (hello round 2) and things change. We have spies which results in just about all info leaking and nobody trusting each other anymore, access being removed and the openness praised before is closing down rapidly. Its amazing how a wargame brings out the worst in people! But this also means we are either very good or our enemies are extremely bad as despite some spies leaking info we still are better then them.

At this moment I am landing a bs attack, just pulled the frigates due to heavy resistance on inferno side and unfortunately my Co halfway the uni because I had to defend a fake attack just before sleeping……just another day in PA... Still having a LOT of fun.

I am not sure how this war with Inferno will end. Looking at Ultprime with a massive amount of roids and their resources stockpiled and BF doing quite well….how much ahead do you have to be to last unill the end?

In Dutch we have a saying which translates a bit like this:

When two dogs are fighting over a bone a third one will come by and run off with it.

Lets hope that's not the case here!

to be continued.

Pic of the day:

For 1 tick I have over 1k roids!!! Lost 25% a tick later... oh well:P

Last edited by sigrid; 21-11-2014 at 23:26.

Old 20-11-2014, 14:37   #30
androme

I'm going to blow up 4 of your roids, just for fun :D
PA - R3 - Legion - #32/100k+ players

Old 20-11-2014, 15:41   #31
sigrid
/me fluffles BiggDogg

i'm immune

Quote:
Originally Posted by androme View Post
I'm going to blow up 4 of your roids, just for fun :D

Old 20-11-2014, 16:10   #32
__Thor__
Shoot me

guess its not much secrets nowadays since you show your galaxys alliances?

Old 20-11-2014, 16:57   #33
sigrid
/me fluffles BiggDogg

I dont think I am showing any intel that was not available yet... its all a bit more open now.
It;s the screen how I see it, they may have different intel and not see it all so green:)
I asked my galaxy and they had no objections.

Quote:
guess its not much secrets nowadays since you show your galaxys alliances?

Old 22-11-2014, 13:56   #34
sigrid
/me fluffles BiggDogg

To crash or not to crash, thats the question.

The war is about 5 days old and I think we won it. We are sort of solid ranking #1 and inferno dropped to #4 with people leaving and going in vacation mode. Its safe to say we played it well.

This seems to be the time when people get lazy or bored….. and we lose value due to fleets crashing. Now i never crashed a fleet ever before, and could not understand why on earth people crash. Even the most experienced players seem to crash 400k value and i never know why.
Well, this morning was hectic. Take a look at my galaxy overview:

And thats just a few planets, it doesn't quite fit on the screenie. Terrible day for incoming and I have been moving fleets around. BF apparently has pissed of half the universe and we have incoming from CT, Hu3hu3 and Newdawn. Total overkill on the galaxy and thank you Napoleon for saving a wave for me.

However, while sorting a fleet to defend against a fleetcatch and trying to ask if its not needed in galaxy maybe my kids start to fight over the xbox. I walk of. I sort them, make sure its peace again, walk around and suddenly realise i have an attack landing…...only to find my co fleet crashed terribly.
So...lesson learned. I always claim i never crash. Well, I do!
I find it especially annoying for the alliance. I see people trying to cover a wave of incoming on me and save value and score, and then they see me crash stupidly afterwards. Thats not how you win a round. Sorry Munkee, my bad here. And i wont just judge any crashed anymore...I considered myself quite carefull with fleets and it happened still....

I AM SORRY

I am a N00B I am.

to be continued

quote of the day comes from the p3nguinpage. there are several quotes there. I find them nice .

i dont understand ppl crashing
We DC incs, not one person.
Everyone here has a brain, so use it

Last edited by sigrid; 23-11-2014 at 00:02.

Old 29-11-2014, 20:56   #35
sigrid
/me fluffles BiggDogg

One week to go......we fought some amazing battles and are doing our very best to stay #1 untill round's end. I have no clue how its gonna work out but.....

THIS IS HOW YOU ROID INFERNO

12:01 munkee waits for tick
12:02 m0rph3us Asteroids Captured Metal : 54 Crystal : 55 Eonium : 52
12:02 munkee come onnnnnn
12:02 sigrid bonnie and clyde do well on bs..
12:02 munkee OMG
12:02 munkee OMG
12:02 m0rph3us my bs lands every day
12:02 munkee WHAT A TICK
12:02 munkee 3.4k roids
12:02 munkee 3mill score
12:02 m0rph3us we should have went BS
12:02 m0rph3us
12:02 sigrid yes!!!
12:02 sigrid damn
12:02 sigrid proud
12:02 munkee why do i ever doubt my self ;p
12:02 munkee m0rph3us we just had our biggest tick since r43 ;p
12:02 Darling up 43 places
12:02 p3negram Tick: 1024 Rank: 1 Members: 60 Roid Change: 3,406 Value Change: 921,003 Counted Score Change: 2,933,825
12:03 sigrid do you need tissues munkee ?
12:03 munkee yes
12:03 munkee r43 or whatever it was we went all xan
12:03 sigrid hands kleenex
12:03 munkee they lost round cos of us
12:03 munkee and we made a 3.4mill tick
12:03 munkee this was closest we been to that

Last edited by sigrid; 29-11-2014 at 21:02.

Old 29-11-2014, 21:55   #36
__Thor__
Shoot me

that is some ingame raiding system?