Go Back   Legion Forums > Public Communications > The Colosseum

The Colosseum Public forum for some friendly chitchat

Old 14-04-2006, 00:12   #37
Agamemnon
I hate you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas
Please, have you and your friends elaborate exactly how my perception of reality is warped.
How about the fact that out of a rather large amount of symbols, you chose the only one you actually knew had had one meaning you didn't like, and then elaborated this point by inventing false links to the SS in our name. I would at best have called your theory here an uneducated guess at first, but the fact that you still don't get it, means that you are impressively stupid and stubborn to boot.

Old 14-04-2006, 00:12   #38
Gravitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares42
Sometimes the person seeks the answer, sometimes the answer seeks the person. I seriously doubt the second is the case here. You're the first person I've ever met that didn't instantly relate this guild to the roman empire.
I was mildly aware of the relation, but if there was any chance of a Nazi implication I needed to know.

You should realize that some people's lives and histories are profoundly influenced by certain large-scale events, and so specific associations are more readily in their minds. I'm Jewish, if this helps you to understand my vector better.

Old 14-04-2006, 00:12   #39
Rids
I'm boring

Jesus christ, 34 people viewing this thread, you're all a bunch of fucking drama queens!

Quote:
Claire says:
altho if you want an easy lay, youv come to the right place

Old 14-04-2006, 00:13   #40
Tobler
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn
Rascal even fought in WW2,
True story!
for the allied forces that is :o
oi!

WoW: Rascal, Binty EvE: Kasdan ki AO: Tobleronee, Vipperjade, Kasdan
Do you have the time To listen to me whine About nothing and everything All at once.
<wal> happy ppls > epikz
<Ripafk> a guild with 60 ben's would rock

Old 14-04-2006, 00:13   #41
Agamemnon
I hate you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
Jesus christ, 34 people viewing this thread, you're all a bunch of fucking drama queens!
5 sec lag in BWL.. Can't blame us. We read this between casts

Old 14-04-2006, 00:13   #42
Bociwen
Night of Fire

Quote:
Beliefs can remain covert, while symbols allude. It's like giving a nod in a direction rather than outright acknowledgement. It's certainly possible.

There's no need for all the expletives my unhappy friend. I know your motto and I've been fascinated by it for some time, but simply because it's Latin doesn't imply a direct link to the Romans. As for the term Legion, it has an authoritarian connotation, which was enough for me.

A question is not a display of ignorance. And an apology for "my notion being wrong" was offered beforehand. Sorry it's a little difficult for YOU to see beyond your blinding righteousness, hypocrite.
You know, my initial reaction to your call of hypocrite was one of iritation, a touch of anger, and a desire to just do everything in my power to make you feel as peeved as I do. But here's the deal; you walked in here, and instead of asking the simple question "hey legion, where did you guys get your motto/logo from?" you decide instead, to be joe smartypants and make your assumption. You even go so far as to apologize, in advance, for the insult you decided to throw at this entire community. Not only does this not even begin to justify the comments, but it also shows that you already knew your assumption to be untrue, yet you went ahead and decided to show us just how ignorant you can be.

I can tell you right now that this shows to me you are not the quality of person we should affiliate ourselves with; furthermore I will do everything in what power I have to see that you do not become part of this community, as I fear the implications and trouble your lack of forsight and common sense may bring us.

Good luck with whatever the hell it is you do, I sincerely hope you find what you are looking for.

Old 14-04-2006, 00:14   #43
Waywatcher

I don't often get a chance to wax intellectual and flame someone at the same time! This is historic!

The watcher.

P.S.:
Quote:
I can tell you right now that this shows to me you are not the quality of person we should affiliate ourselves with; furthermore I will do everything in what power I have to see that you do not become part of this community, as I fear the implications and trouble your lack of forsight and common sense may bring us.
Wait...did he initially post his app for the WoW division as well...? That takes some serious chutzpah, my friend. o.O

Old 14-04-2006, 00:16   #44
Tiddy
just slow

Its not your perception of reality that's warped, its your perception of a simple online gaming community. I fucking hate history and I STILL knew wtf the theme for VtS was ever since the killed WaC 5 (?) years ago.

Anyway, I havent laughed that hard in a long time. Thank you for posting that first post in this thread. I am now chuckling sporadically for no reason.... kinda like the hiccups.

Old 14-04-2006, 00:16   #45
Gravitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon
How about the fact that out of a rather large amount of symbols, you chose the only one you actually knew had had one meaning you didn't like, and then elaborated this point by inventing false links to the SS in our name. I would at best have called your theory here an uneducated guess at first, but the fact that you still don't get it, means that you are impressively stupid and stubborn to boot.
I made no false link. I was asking if there was such a link. There's a difference between statement and query. I was very careful to make this distinction in my first post. Sadly, there's always a few sitting around waiting to baselessly justify their superiority by labeling others as stupid.

And what thread have you been reading? I've acknowledged what many of you have clarified for me, that your symbol is indeed derived from ancient Rome. I only say that regardless of intent, one has always to be aware of the multiple connotations of each symbol, Nazism being one of them for that which you chose.

Last edited by Gravitas; 14-04-2006 at 11:46.

Old 14-04-2006, 00:17   #46
Anunnak
The Polish Hammer

This may seem harsh... but Jews werent the only ones to suffer during ww2...
Slavs lost oh what 25-30 million during that conflict? Do we fucking cry about it every chance we get? Do we need to remind others of what happend? NO we know what happened we accept it and move on.

Stop living in the past.

Old 14-04-2006, 00:17   #47
Ares42

Quote:
I was mildly aware of the relation, but if there was any chance of a Nazi implication I needed to know.

You should realize that some people's lives and histories are profoundly influenced by certain large-scale events, and so specific associations are more readily in their minds. I'm Jewish, if this helps you to understand my vector better.
Sorta prooves what I said.. you were searching for/finding Nazi implications where there is none, might wanna do some more research next time before you ask someone if they're Nazis. As you should know it's not an accusation taken lightly.

Old 14-04-2006, 00:18   #48
kacklon
espanyol

Good luck with your application btw :)

Old 14-04-2006, 00:18   #49
Waywatcher

Quote:
And what thread have you been reading? I've acknowledged what many of you have clarified for me, that your symbol is indeed derived from ancient Rome. I only say that regardless of intent, one has always to be aware of the multiple connotations of each symbol, Nazism being on of them for that which you chose
You may want to extend your protest to every eagle icon you see.

Or perhaps grow a thicker skin. This world will never be as politically correct as the most sensitive common denominator.

As Denis Leary sums up: "Life is hard. Get a fucking helmet."

The watcher.

Old 14-04-2006, 00:18   #50
Agamemnon
I hate you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bociwen
Dunno mate, I think I'd vouch. Funny trolls are so hard to find these days!

Old 14-04-2006, 00:19   #51
Molotov
nincompoop

heh it was a pretty innocent question, albeit naive, there's no reason for a flame war or to cause un neccessary grief. Well not much anyway ;p

But Gravitas as has been said many times now, the guild and its logo are all originated upon roman themes. The guild/community has been ever present in games around the world for 5 years + now and i think this is the first time anyone has ever come to this assumption. So at least congrats upon making, asking and creating an original thread and giving me a chuckle.

/me salutes

Anarchy Online - Votomol 220 Engineer || World of Warcraft - Votolom 80 Druid

Old 14-04-2006, 00:19   #52
Tiddy
just slow

BTW, arent you fuckers sposed to be killing firemaw? Yall are gonna make Gren cry!!!

Old 14-04-2006, 00:21   #53
Icewolf
wiseass *g*

don't feed the trolls. And never argue with idiots like this - they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience...
No matter what we say, he will prolly never get it, he lacks the education and prolly even the intelligence to know enough about some real history lessons (e.g. roman empire).

cu starside
Ice

Old 14-04-2006, 00:27   #54
Toxi
Sissi, Die kleine Kaiserin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiddy
BTW, arent you fuckers sposed to be killing firemaw? Yall are gonna make Gren cry!!!
Firemaws Clutch/Dragonstalker :|

Oh, and welcome to the boards Gravitas!