Go Back   Legion Forums > Public Communications > The Colosseum

The Colosseum Public forum for some friendly chitchat

SWG Strategy
Old 18-02-2003, 14:59   #1
Johnny Rico

SWG Strategy

Please forgive me if I am being too presumptuous by making a suggestion.

I am operating under the assumption that as Imperials, the Legion intends to significantly address the issue of the identification and eradication of force sensitive characters once they begin appearing.

I would also assume that in view of the significant threat that a full blown Jedi Master would have on the SWG realm, and to the Legion, every effort will be taken to protect and develop any Legionnaire with force sensitivity with the ultimate goal of assisting that individual achieve Jedi Mastership.

In lieu of the aforementioned, my suggestion is that should a member of the Legion develop a coveted Force Sensitive spot that all care should be given to protect that individual from other Imperials, and that the Legion should do everything in its power to support the individual with his/her Jedi training. I make such suggestion because should the ranks of the legion contain a Jedi Master, in conjunction to the considerable size, and weight of the membership's combined knowledge and experience, the inevitable exponential control of the SW Galaxy will be achieved.

Am I stating the obvious?
Service Guarantees Citizenship

I only have one rule: Everyone fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you. -- Lt. Jean Rasczak.

Old 18-02-2003, 16:04   #2
killerbee

why would u be interested in legion superiourity???

as far as i can see u havent applied for membership so there is a critical lack of consideration (give and take in non legal language)

Old 18-02-2003, 16:48   #3
Def2K
Monkey Lover

Curiousity aint a crime killerbee :D

"Sex is the most natural, most beautiful, most wonderful thing that money can buy."

Proud Cultist errr... Fanclub Leader

Didn not mean to offend.
Old 18-02-2003, 17:03   #4
Johnny Rico

Didn not mean to offend.

I hope my post did not offend. That was not my intention.

To answer your question:

"why would u be interested in legion superiourity???"

As I stated in my introduction, I have every desire to acquaint myself with your members, and will immediately apply for membership should one of your members consider me worthy of sponsorship.

I am interested in legion superiority for the simple reason that after researching your association, your mission statement, and your membership criteria, it has become abundantly clear that the Legion and I possess a shared vision of what the quality of the online gaming experience should aspire to. I take my online gaming seriously, and it appears that the legion does as well. My ultimate goal, of course, is to have fun, and I have found that when aligned with an organization with a membership of experienced and directed members the online gaming experience is enhanced immeasurably.

"as far as i can see u havent applied for membership so there is a critical lack of consideration (give and take in non legal language)"

On the contrary, the entire premise of the SWG player association calls for sympathizer status prior to obtaining membership. Although the SWG realm has not been activated for exploration, I have taken the necessary steps to identify what clearly appears to be an organization with articuable and tangible directives. I am thoroughly impressed with the Legion, and what the Legion has to offer. I recognize that I must “pay my dues” before I may be considered for the privilege of membership, and my presence on your forum is my first step in that direction.

Conversely, should I be granted the privilege of membership, I am confident that my membership will be mutually beneficial. As you have adroitly identified, I am an attorney by trade. I can assure you that should someone wish to sponsor me for membership, and should I be ultimately accepted into your ranks, I will utilize my training in the area of research, analysis, and strategy to effectively ascertain any goal of the Legion.

I am fully cognizant of the fact that service is a prerequisite to “citizenship”, and I enthusiastically offer my services with this goal in mind.

I only have one rule: Everyone fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you. -- Lt. Jean Rasczak.

Last edited by Johnny Rico; 19-02-2003 at 04:04.

Old 18-02-2003, 18:44   #5
razor
Cannibal Clown

Good motivation, think u would be good asset to the legion if ppl got to know you

Old 18-02-2003, 21:52   #6
Johnny Rico

Not to be redundant, but has anyone considered my orginal query regarding Force Sensitivity?

J.R.

Old 18-02-2003, 23:30   #7
Agamemnon
I hate you all

Before even thinking of this, would it not be best to know how they decide to include force sensitivity in the end..?

No use in deciding on this stuff before we even know what there IS to discuss.....

Lack of Info on FS
Old 19-02-2003, 03:03   #8
Johnny Rico

Lack of Info on FS

From what I've read, Force Sensitivity, or more specifically the achievement of an extra force sensitive slot, will be a VERY closely guarded secret by the developers because they intend on keeping Jedi numbers extremely low in tune with the spirit of the films. I've also read that if FS numbers start to grow they will consider shutting off force sensitivity all together.

Apparently, there is no way to predict how or why an individual became FS in the first place, and even if you become FS you may have no idea how you achieved it, and most likely will be unable to articulate, or even reproduce any specific formula which will lead another non FS character towards force sensitivity. The whole concept is pretty freaking fascinating if you ask me.

With this in mind, I would think that if an Imperial becomes force sensitive that it would be prudent, from the onset, to pursue Jedi Mastership. I consider it a race to see who can get to the top of the food chain first. Whoever gets there first will be so powerful it will take a considerable number of powerful non FS characters to turn it into a blue glowie, and I just don't like the idea of an unopposed Jedi Master in the ranks of the Rebels.

Jedi Mastership, may very well be an almost impossible achievement, but then again, you can't hit it out of the park unless you first take a swing.

Last edited by Johnny Rico; 19-02-2003 at 13:12.

Old 19-02-2003, 03:19   #9
RS

On a sidenote, im thoroughly impressed with the standard of your posting - ive only read 3 of your posts and already i like you. i would recommend you get on IRC and get conversing with people, as well as on the boards :)

as to the issue of FS, i have no real insight into the matter, so cant comment :)

<fierypies> thought you had a regular gf now
<Telmar> yus
<Telmar> but i aint deleted meh pron fs
<fierypies> heh
<fierypies> back up
<Telmar> yup

Old 19-02-2003, 03:28   #10
Telmar

I have to agree with RS here.... get on our irc server mate :)

I would love to discuss this further on there :) And the standard of your posts show exactly what i personally look for in a potential new member.

Old 19-02-2003, 03:38   #11
fierypies

This will sound stupid but you've pretty much hit the nail on the head with what i've been thinking about force sensitive character slots. My main problem with it has always been if it takes a long time to get the slot you will either be forced to stop playing with a character you have been building for a long time, or spread your time between 2 characters which i can't help feeling will in the end will be bad for both.

IRC
Old 19-02-2003, 04:10   #12
Johnny Rico

IRC

I plan on getting on IRC as soon as I figure the damn thing out. I downloaded it today at the office but I think my firewall prevents me from access. I'm going to give it another shot at home and see if I have better luck. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the compliments by the way, and I want you to know, that I can't get enough of this, and am looking forward to further discussions.

JR

P.S.

I have also thought about that very issue (having to start from scratch with a new FS character that is subject to perma death), and I agree with you. BUT, sometimes you simply have to take one for the team, and neglect your already developed character with the hopes of ultimately strenghtening your association.

I must refer back to my suggestion of utilizing the combined strength of the legion to assist in the development of FS characters. I like to use the analogy of putting a red jersey on your quarterback. My thought process is that one of the primary objectives of any player association should be to have a JM in its ranks so that he/she may be able to train other newly force sensitive characters. Can you imagine having even a small army of Jedi Knights. Two or three could potentially wipe out an entire rival rebel association by themselves.

It very well may be that an individual will never even achieve force sensitivity during his/her SWG experience, but I know that if I become force sensitive I think I would be neglectful by not making the attempt.

JR

Last edited by Johnny Rico; 19-02-2003 at 04:34.

Old 19-02-2003, 07:32   #13
razor
Cannibal Clown

From wot i understood a while ago (correct me if im wrong) you can not notice that u have it so might develop yer char as planned and never know u r FS. Saying that i dont hope im the one getting FS in legion and knowing about it coz then id feel obligated to be online soo much. and i cant get online at work

(IRC will most likely get blocked by firewall so try it at home)

Old 19-02-2003, 11:49   #14
killerbee

agreed, very high standard of posting.

and your reply to my post is highly impressive. p.s. what area of law do u specilise in?? (i got essays comin up hehe)

have to say we have an entire forum devoted to swg, with 16,000 posts or so, so if curiousity gets ya u could be reading them for a loooong time.

as for protecting JMs, i think it should be pointed out powerful NPCs will hunt them, so to have 20 or so peeps dedicated to defending a JM might not be sufficient. it would also be a high cost to the guild.

as for legions attitude to FS and Jedis, i think it can be sumarised in one sentance.

"if it happens to a member, then we will deal with it"

dont feel like we arnt even planning for it, its just gonna be so rare legion could get thru the entire game without ever having a single member become FS let alone develop that skill to JM status.
plus the unique features of FS status i feel make effective planning all but impossible.
as for the question would legion have jedis concidering were imperials, let me assure you, legion doesnt dump its members, as far as iam aware our requirements are dedication, loyalty, and you choose imperial sympathies ;) .

Re: IRC
Old 19-02-2003, 12:46   #15
RS

Re: IRC

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Rico
I must refer back to my suggestion of utilizing the combined strength of the legion to assist in the development of FS characters. I like to use the analogy of putting a red jersey on your quarterback. My thought process is that one of the primary objectives of any player association should be to have a JM in its ranks so that he/she may be able to train other newly force sensitive characters. Can you imagine having even a small army of Jedi Knights. Two or three could potentially wipe out an entire rival rebel association by themselves.

It very well may be that an individual will never even achieve force sensitivity during his/her SWG experience, but I know that if I become force sensitive I think I would be neglectful by not making the attempt.
i agree on the strength of having force sensitive characters on side, and i dont there is anyone who gained a FS slot that could concievably not use it, hell being a jedi is everyones dream :)

please never use American Football in an analogy again :) most of us are europeans, and i have not even the simplest understanding of the game :) as far as i can ascertain, it involves 10 seconds of physical activity, 10 minutes of deciding whos elbow hit the floor first :) You should play a real game like rugby :)

As to the jedi master training up and coming JKs, i think the likelyhood of us having a single jedi slim to say the least - having a JM training up a few JKs seems beyond the realms of possibility for me :) as much as i hope we are the luckiest pa in the game in that respect :)

<fierypies> thought you had a regular gf now
<Telmar> yus
<Telmar> but i aint deleted meh pron fs
<fierypies> heh
<fierypies> back up
<Telmar> yup

Old 19-02-2003, 12:47   #16
Johnny Rico

I promise I will never make another American Football reference again. ;) Go Manchester U! (Hope you're not an Arsenal fan).

"i agree on the strength of having force sensitive characters on side, and i dont there is anyone who gained a FS slot that could concievably not use it, hell being a jedi is everyones dream" AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!

You make an execellent point (NPC hunting FS characters). I would hope that the developers would not make it so difficult to develop a FS character that it really is impossible to become a JM. We will see.

With respect to being able to identify your own force senistivity, your character will not become force sensitive, but instead a second slot will open up in your account (much like in D2), and you will have the ability to create a second character who has the option to attempt to develop his/her force sensitivity. I think you will definitely know simply by the addition of a second slot. However, I can't imagine anyone would want to use that slot for anything other than taking the to road towards Jedi Mastership, because when that character dies, he/she is gone forever.

Ill try IRC when I get home tonight. Hope I can figure it out!

P.S. I practice United States immigration law.

JR

Last edited by Johnny Rico; 19-02-2003 at 13:28.

Old 19-02-2003, 14:53   #17
Icewolf
wiseass *g*

just to a short answer (busy at work, sorry *g*) - there has/is a huge discussion about exactly that topic on the internal SWG boards.

I also agree that a Legion FS char should get as much help as possible, but because we will be Empire, this is still being discussed and i don't know of any statement from HC about that yet.

cu starside
Ice

Old 19-02-2003, 18:55   #18
killerbee

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Rico

P.S. I practice United States immigration law.

JR
ur bloody useless to me then :P