Go Back   Legion Forums > Public Communications > The Colosseum

The Colosseum Public forum for some friendly chitchat

Old 21-02-2003, 16:42   #37
Quinn

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Rico
They don't have to tell anyone they are turning off Force Sensitivity. Evryone all knows the hype about how difficult it will be so most players will probably assume that they simply haven't done what needs to be done to become force sensitive. And then once the numbers of FS characters start to dwindle I assume they'll just turn it back on.
LOL

Well spotted :)

Old 21-02-2003, 16:50   #38
Johnny Rico

There is one more thing I just thought of. I do not believe that imeprials can attack other imperials. Which means that only Huts, and Rebels can attack an imperial FS character. I would assume that a Rebel would not want to attack a FS character thinking that they share their belief systems. So a FS Legionnaire may simply be able to create a FS character and not declare, thereby preventing him/herself from having a target on their back.

Just a thought.
Service Guarantees Citizenship

I only have one rule: Everyone fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you. -- Lt. Jean Rasczak.

Old 23-02-2003, 11:46   #39
satanis

the public use or display of force powers creates a "temporary enemy player" tag so that you can be targetted. this is for friend or foe alike. as they say - be careful only your friends see this.

I guess there will be "known jedi" lists outside the game.. the trick'll then be to get them to prove it in game.

Old 23-02-2003, 18:03   #40
killerbee

amusing discussion

interest u have much my young padawan rico

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

i can see how having some sort of protection for a jedi would help against massive numbers of attackers, but i doubt we will plan this until the situation arises, by which time we will be more aquianted with the games mechanics and be able to seriosuly plan such an operation, so i will say its totally pointless discussing such a body guard issue till then.

but i dont agree that rebels wouldnt try and kill an imperial jedi.
if jedis were to be used correctly by a PA then i assume they would be sent to help on the toughest of missions (or else, whats the point of having a rock hard char). as a result rebels will most defintly then treat such a jedi as a major target.

Old 24-02-2003, 16:36   #41
Johnny Rico

Good point.

This is what I found regarding the use of the force in public:

"When you use the Force in public, or display any sign of your Jedi Heritage outside of the chat channels, you will automatically gain a Temporary Enemy Flag (TEF) from all Players and NPCs who witness it. This means that any of those Players or NPCs can attack and kill you without repercussions until the TEF runs out."

If this is the case, you better have someone watching your back during Jedi training (or train in a secluded area if possible) because until you become strong enough to be able to protect yourself, your training is definitley going to draw some negative attention.

I certainly know that the first time I see someone use the force I will be so excited that I will probably have to change my drawers. ---Maybe more information than you needed. Sorry.

JR

I only have one rule: Everyone fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you. -- Lt. Jean Rasczak.

Old 24-02-2003, 16:57   #42
Quinn

Quote:
I certainly know that the first time I see someone use the force I will be so excited that I will probably have to change my drawers. ---Maybe more information than you needed
At least it makes us know that you change them from time to time...

Old 24-02-2003, 17:04   #43
Johnny Rico

:D

Old 25-02-2003, 08:53   #44
Link

roflol! :=)

Freelance puppy killer

Old 26-02-2003, 01:02   #45
Def2K
Monkey Lover

Perhaps people will even raise their chars to be fully armed and well prepared to defend themselves before they use their force sinsitivity. IE: Build some cookie cutter first, and then learn it to be a jedi..

best of 2 worlds...

"Sex is the most natural, most beautiful, most wonderful thing that money can buy."

Proud Cultist errr... Fanclub Leader

Old 26-02-2003, 01:02   #46
Def2K
Monkey Lover

Perhaps people will even raise their chars to be fully armed and well prepared to defend themselves before they use their force sinsitivity. IE: Build some cookie cutter first, and then learn it to be a jedi..

best of 2 worlds...

"Sex is the most natural, most beautiful, most wonderful thing that money can buy."

Proud Cultist errr... Fanclub Leader

Old 26-02-2003, 01:27   #47
Quinn

Quote:
Originally posted by Def2K

best of 2 worlds...
Remember that the char will be just as permadead whether he pursues Jedi training at 1nce or if he does something else first. If he dies before he tries to become a Jedi he will have to start all over.

Then there's the thing that Jedi powers are skills just like all other skills, so he'd be down quite a few points before stating cultivating his FS.

Old 26-02-2003, 14:19   #48
Johnny Rico

Although we don't know definitively how its all going to play, as was already mentioned, there will be "known Jedi lists" out there. Bounty hunters galore will be on your ass (both player and NPC) as soon as someone sees you use the Force. It is going to be seriously difficult for the average gamer to become a Jedi. The only people who will make it are going to be hardcore gamers with a support group. Who knows if anyone will make it to JM status. There were only 4 Jedi Masters in the first trilogy and this is the time period when SWG takes place. If someone by dumb luck stumbles into a FS slot they will most likely give up trying after they die 10 or 12 times.

OBi-Wan didn't live in a cave on some dead rock of a planet for nothing.

JR

Last edited by Johnny Rico; 26-02-2003 at 16:27.

Old 28-02-2003, 21:27   #49
Bowlsey
Eve Legionnaire

I'm sure I read some where that you have to become a 'light-jedi' before you can become a 'dark-jedi', ie u become corrupt. I was under the impression that u have to be either Neutral or aligned with the rebels to become a 'Light-Jedi' (ie a good jedi). Then you fall into becoming a 'Dark-Jedi' (a bad Jedi). Hence if you aligned with the imperials you wouldn't be able to unlock FS.

I'm prolly wrong etc but it would make sense

Old 28-02-2003, 21:56   #50
Johnny Rico

Until the expansion comes out you won't have the ability to become a Dark Jedi. Considering that you must become a Jedi first, most people won't even have the opportunity to fall to the dark side until after the expansion is released. The Devs plan to add the Dark Jedi capability in an early update. They are creating the Jedi system to take into account Dark Jedi. However, you won't be able to become a Sith Lord in the game, because the films explicitly state that there are only two Sith Lords at any given time, and the two during the time of Star Wars Galaxies have been clearly identified as the Emperor and Darth Vader.

"I was under the impression that u have to be either Neutral or aligned with the rebels to become a 'Light-Jedi' (ie a good jedi). Then you fall into becoming a 'Dark-Jedi' (a bad Jedi). Hence if you aligned with the imperials you wouldn't be able to unlock FS."

Actually, this isn't the case. Your main character does not become a Jedi. Rather, the actions of your main character can unlock an additional character slot which is Force-sensitive. Characters created in this additional slot can then advance through the Jedi skills as well as any of the other skills in the game (subject to perma-death of course). Each player account allows for only one potential Jedi slot and the mysterious method to unlock it won't be the same for every player. So it may not make a difference who your main character is alligned with before your FS slot is opened. However, we really have no idea what it will take to open a FS slot, so ultimately you could be right!!!

JR.

Last edited by Johnny Rico; 01-03-2003 at 13:45.

Old 01-03-2003, 05:30   #51
Quinn

Quote:
Until the expansion comes out you won't have the ability to become a Dark Jedi
Considering that the dev team thinks it will be at least a year before an FS slot is unlocked, isn't it fair to assume that the expansion will be available around that time?

Old 01-03-2003, 12:36   #52
Bowlsey
Eve Legionnaire

Cheers for the info JR :p

Old 31-03-2003, 02:28   #53
DeEvil
Legionnaire

keep on posting about the subject...very interesting...
i do really need to get the game :yes:

”Nemo enim fere saltat sobrius, nisi forte insanit”

"Silent leges inter arma"

Old 31-03-2003, 22:51   #54
Blyr

not to contradict everyone or anything, but.........

I was reading on swgalaxies.net that you can't have permadeth on your jedi UNTIL YOU REACH JEDI KNIGHT. Good info for us all :). So you can be a baker all you want and die as may times as you can; permadeth doesn't kick in till you become a jedi knight.

Also keep in mind that when you progress to jedi master, permadeth is a little less...."Permanent." When you die as a jedi master, you become one of those blue ghost things like obi-wan became when he died, making you unable to influence the physical world, but you can still float around and whatnot.

I dunno if i still want to do a jedi. EVERYTHING is AWESOME about them, but this permadeth is kickin my ass, and i'm sure many people will agree with me there. Why go through ALL THAT WORK for nothing?? huh??

wheres your god now, moses?? huh???