Go Back   Legion Forums > Public Communications > The Colosseum

The Colosseum Public forum for some friendly chitchat

Old versus New
Old 16-10-2006, 02:07   #1
Fred
Evil Grunt

Old versus New

Recently I was having a chat to some-one and we were talking about the old times.

Now while it is almost impossible to compare what is now and what was then how about we pick a battle-group of "old" Legion people (this can include the more recent Legion people who were Fury) against some of the new WoW people who I dont know a lot about.

You will need a mix of HC (with females due to their better diplomatic skills with the "troops"), battle commanders and loyal troops who would not just be mindless minions drooling at their execs feet.

I wont even bother to say how many you should include as it appears WoW people need 60 or so to beat a "boss".... please correct me if you use less.

Now this group is starting from scratch so you need techies as well.

Lastly you need to justify why you have key people in that position.

Oh and what game would we play....seeing as I started the thread how about the origins of it all..... PA. You never know maybe some-one has access to a beta we could use down the track for an hour or two.

You could even just include a few names for startes and grow. If I had a few to start with the HC would would be Grendel, Rampage, Maddy, Empy and Zhil.

Grendel for obvious reasons as he was and still is the best HC I know along with his graphics. Ramp was also an easy inclusion and Maddix was an excellent diplomat as well as tactician. Just about every-one would do what Empy asked as she had a way with the rank and file troops that is superb. Zhil could make the best politician yiou could imagine and after a while if you werent careful you could almost believe what he was saying (this is a compliment btw).

I am unsure of what other ex Fury exec/HC are in Legion these days but most of them have my respect and would have a place. A good HC would have about 7 people so have left 2 spots I will fill as I think over it more. Has Sid joined Legion yet??? as he is without a doubt some-one you would have to find a place for as he is/was the ultimate tactician/politician you could find.

The same for the rest of things..... there are so many good "old" Legion people it needs more thought.

I have no idea who the new people are so I would look forward to hearing about them :)

Old 16-10-2006, 03:28   #2
BDB
Mastre spellare

HOW bout the old legion hc gren ramp BD and fred !~!

that would be nice

Old 16-10-2006, 04:23   #3
Ogami
Penguinnarie

that would be sex :(

Old 16-10-2006, 09:07   #4
Fred
Evil Grunt

HC would need a female and Empy would be better than me. Zhil was just about the most convincing poster I knew and he had utmost loyalty from the troops. So both of them before me. Zhil may have never had the best planet in the game but if you ask any-one who he led then you would find he had the highest regard.

Bob... dont kill me for saying this ;) but Zhil was/is l33t and if you ask Zhil I defended him hugely round 2 when he was being bashed by people as he was a friend of a gal mate. The other funny thing about round 2 is Hicks (then using another nick) was my GC and I would say that he developed into a great HC but I dont know if he is currently "Legion"

The fun part is getting a mix of the best.

Also I am curious about the "new" Legion and would like to know more if they would be kind enough to reply

Old 16-10-2006, 09:20   #5
Carpeia
Legionnaire

I wouldnt left out TiG as a Battle Commander, he was imo the best of them all when it came to the big big raids!

KR shouldnt be forgotten either, he was also awesome in his job.

Another go for the HC would be ARE. Good diplomatic person.

AS technician ello Decoy... :-)

Old 16-10-2006, 09:56   #6
Icewolf
wiseass *g*

Oh the memories...
But I guess gren would rather kill you than play PA again :p

Old 16-10-2006, 10:59   #7
]x[
Legionnaire

And i thought HC's where elected on the smallness of there wee output truncket !

Dont think you can compare the new wow peeps to the old pa peeps, tho some peeps in SWG had some real leadership potential. Versatti for example, but not sure if they read this part of the forum.

The few, the proud, the expendable..

Old 16-10-2006, 12:46   #8
RobbyLuv
Legionnaire

new people don't know how to play PA! should be a game we're all on even ground in.

I vote for Toon Town.

Old 16-10-2006, 12:58   #9
BDB
Mastre spellare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
HC would need a female and Empy would be better than me. Zhil was just about the most convincing poster I knew and he had utmost loyalty from the troops. So both of them before me. Zhil may have never had the best planet in the game but if you ask any-one who he led then you would find he had the highest regard.

Bob... dont kill me for saying this ;) but Zhil was/is l33t and if you ask Zhil I defended him hugely round 2 when he was being bashed by people as he was a friend of a gal mate. The other funny thing about round 2 is Hicks (then using another nick) was my GC and I would say that he developed into a great HC but I dont know if he is currently "Legion"

The fun part is getting a mix of the best.

Also I am curious about the "new" Legion and would like to know more if they would be kind enough to reply
id rather chocke the life out of the fucker !! :)

Old 16-10-2006, 13:44   #10
Fred
Evil Grunt

I would say yes to Tig but a huge no to KR. Tig was great and could lead a battle like few others.

KR was the reason I split from Legion to form Wolfpack formally way back in round 3 of PA.

Decoy was more than a l33t techie, he was a friend and some-one I admired strongly but we also have some amazing techies now.

BDB..... You have a hard streak I just love which made you a great BC as well..... and a damn hard target to kill even against all odds you evaded me :D

Toon town.... hmm sounds like something that is from a disney movie.

If we played CS I want Carp (I want him in PA too) but he better not call me a n00b like some moron did the other day playing CS when I was having some fun showing my son the best ways to die (standing next to doors while looking away from then is usually effective ;)

The problem with WoW it seems is its not a huge team game like the "old" games but I am still interested in hearing everything Legion since I have been away.

A strategy game is the most fun for me but if some-one wanted to tell me what Toon Town is I would be interested without having toask my kids

Old 16-10-2006, 14:06   #11
Precursors
Legionnaire

is Gren still around? last I heard he became a grand grandfather or sumthin
and BD, haven't seen him since he got his lightsabre in SWG
all I see around is same old farts...Zak, Ice, ]x[ etc etc..

Old 16-10-2006, 14:15   #12
Gaijin
Legionnaire

fred, come and play eve.

you can shoot and kill sid and zhil d:

but shooting zhil will get you shot by the other legion members d:

Old 16-10-2006, 14:16   #13
__Thor__
Shoot me

gren is around sometimes, hes to busy pretending to be a cop and watching after his kid.
BD is on a quest for new shoes, and havent been heard from since he started it.

Old 16-10-2006, 16:36   #14
Saybel
Legionnaire

I have yet to understand fully how PA works :<

Saybel, Most bang for your buck!

{Agent, Rogue, Teras Kasi Master & Dancer}

Old 16-10-2006, 16:57   #15
Maddix
Want to touch my lightsaber?

This is the oddest thread I've seen in a while...are you trying to get us to go back to PA? I'd probably join Gren on the killing spree if that was the case :p

Æ - from the ashes of good intentions come forth lasting friendships... the Æternals

Old 16-10-2006, 17:00   #16
Precursors
Legionnaire

why play PA and force your tiny imagination, when you have everything in 3D in Eve?

Old 16-10-2006, 21:48   #17
Horus
bunny

i want to be the female HC member pls!!!!!

Old 17-10-2006, 10:16   #18
Valhalla
Obesa Cantavit

Pa?