Go Back   Legion Forums > Public Communications > The Colosseum

The Colosseum Public forum for some friendly chitchat

Shadowbane!!!
Old 06-11-2002, 12:03   #1
Xcalibur

Shadowbane!!!

Hiyo all
Look im waiting for SWG to come out and am wondering if i should cancel my Pre-Order of Shadowbane or not cause i think its bloody ace and i know daffy might play it aswell ! but im wondering what u all think ?

www.shadowbane.de

have a look at it see what u think maybe it owuld be a good way for legion to get prepared for SWG ? Cause im thinking that SWG will Probably be Delayed yet again and again maybe to July or even so far as winter 2003 some reports say...

Anyway in shadowbane we can get some good kinks out of the way ! its very PVP oriented and City Building among PAs is the main thing ! U can train archers and wizards to defend ur cities and u can make Huge catapults and war tents outside an enemies town/city destroy tehre whole city now common LEGIOn will surely KICK all ass !! ??

Think about it it probably comming out in january if not before it! Ive been Waiting for shadowbane for months now and know pretty much all there is to know about it

Ask me

Old 06-11-2002, 12:22   #2
Xcalibur

Look at the screen shots in the journals Hmmmm nices

i think teh gfx are lovely and even tho they arent mega mega uptdate that would reduce the lag and stuf

one journal of a beta tester:

After having created our guild and found friends in hard battles and fights, the time has come. We are looking for a new home for our community. But the world is big, the enemy's all over, and factors to think about are huntinggrounds for different levels and distances to other places.

Last but not least the guildmembers personal taste should be integrated in the planning before we plant our Tree of Life! Because we haven't got any sub-guilds and aren't connected to another nation, we only have one tree!

Finally we found the perfect place at the base of a hill near the ice desert in the north, a plateau. Kitae always thinking practical, he scouts the nearer area to find out if there is greater danger around. The mountains are the area of Bearkin's and Yeti's. In the ice there is a lot of Minotaurs and in the ruins to the south there are many wolves and their two feeted fellows.

The decision is made, we are going to build here. Now we are deciding which buildings we can build. Our goldpouches aren't endless and the Tree of Life has already taken a big part of our budget. Because of the dangerous area we will definitely need a barrack and guards.

A church, in which we can pray, sollicite for blessings and store our gold and loot, is essential. After long calculations and discussions we visit an architect. There we get the construction plans and hire the proper workers. Our gold flows away.

While the buildings are completing, I concentrate on the controls of the meanwhile active Tree. I pull the contract, which I have concluded with a Runemaster, out of my inventory and drop it in one of the empty NPC slots. And he turns up immediatly and does his duty. Now I have lots of possibilities in my controlwindow: upgrades, Condemn- (KOS) and Friendslist, maintenance costs, tranfer and destroy are available.

The Runemaster can be trained as well and has got individual functions, through him you can easily spread the healing energy of the Tree and define the tax rate on the different buildings. Because all buildings are belonging to the guild at the moment the default settings will be fine.

Other owners can bargain. The other workers will be spreaded the same way in their respective buildings and soon the place around the Tree of Life is filled.

Guards, who respond to their commander in rank and quantity, patrol around the buildings and guard our investments. The Burser of the church walks around his new home and the blacksmith waits for customers. Kitae who controls the blacksmith, orders his employee what to produce and sets a high profit margin - what a greedy bard... good that the prices for guild, nation and newcomers are different or I would have to have a serious talk to him.

there is more but u get the idea Sound ACe or what ?

Old 06-11-2002, 16:31   #3
daffy

This game will rock too,according to me

A whole other environment ... Cities, Swords, Axes, Guards, Spells, what more do you want ;-)

Will certainly play this to get ready for SWG

Old 07-04-2003, 21:11   #4
Lantador

A few of my friends are playing it, and I decided to get it as well.

As a PvP game it looks to be rocking. Hell, to me it looks like it might even beat the shit out of SWG.

Old 07-04-2003, 21:35   #5
DeEvil
Legionnaire

i heard of this game also from some friends who are playing it and they ordered me to buy it instantly

I guess i will :D

Looks like a nice game.

”Nemo enim fere saltat sobrius, nisi forte insanit”

"Silent leges inter arma"

Old 08-04-2003, 20:51   #6
Johnny Rico

I bought SB last weekend and have started playing. My computer, I have found, is in drastic need of updating, and I seem to crash frequently. I'm out to build a new computer tonight.

What server are you playing on? I'm pretty sure that you are only able to play with people who live on the same continent as you (i.e., Europe, North America, etc.)

I am still totally newbie at SB, and if you can give me any guidance as always it will be very much appreciated.

JR
Service Guarantees Citizenship

I only have one rule: Everyone fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you. -- Lt. Jean Rasczak.

Old 11-04-2003, 11:25   #7
Lantador

I've started on the "Scorn" server in SB, and made it to level 23 so far.. Just find a group to level with on newbie island from 1-20, then when you hit 20 you are forced to leave the safe newbie island and move to the PvP-enabled continent.

Even though PvP is enabled fully anywhere, people don't really attack each other that much, since coorporation gets you levelled faster than what you can manage solo.

Also the huge guild/city/nation system means that highleves don't just attack any lowlevels they see, since getting people into your guild is wise long-term. Of course, solo PKs do exist, like they should, but this game is very well balanced and cleverly made. Full PvP anywhere, but the system in reality means it isn't just total chaos and carnage. Excellently made really.

Still, when a theif tries to steal from you, or if someone annoyes you, its extremely refreshing that you have the option to just flat out kill them.

For instance, I was out with a group, someone comes and starts attacking the mobs we pull, and loot them. What do we do? 1) ask him to stop 2) kill him. I just remember all the games you've played where you can't do shit about griefers. You can in SB. It pwns.

Also, the danger of being attacked, killed and looted when out hunting makes this game so refreshing and fun. I love it. :)

My char is named "Lantador", feel free to send me a /tell if you start on Scorn! :)

Old 11-04-2003, 15:29   #8
Blyr

shadowbane sucks
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Old 13-04-2003, 02:45   #9
Lantador

Quote:
Originally posted by Blyr
shadowbane sucks
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
Try it out?

Old 15-04-2003, 01:10   #10
Sexiness
Xtreme Gamer Freak

Im sorry but i thought Shadowbane was a joke :( It may have looked cool at the time (few years ago) when they said it was coming out... but it honestly was like a movie that was over hyped and it just plain wasn't what it was all said to be :(

Sorry i wasted my time with it :\

Old 15-04-2003, 01:10   #11
Sexiness
Xtreme Gamer Freak

Im sorry but i thought Shadowbane was a joke :( It may have looked cool at the time (few years ago) when they said it was coming out... but it honestly was like a movie that was over hyped and it just plain wasn't what it was all said to be :(

Sorry i wasted my money :\

Sorry i wasted my time on the beta team before i bought it :\

Old 15-04-2003, 08:47   #12
[M7]
Legionnaire

says it all... ;)
If you can read german, www.olnigg.de says even more.

Old 15-04-2003, 20:00   #13
Lantador

What sucks is that you don't realize that l33t GFX doesn't make a good game. Just look at DAoC. Just look at AC2.

Shadowbane's engine is a bit old yes. However, in largescale PvP situations, you avoid massive lag, and thats what this game was made for. PvP.

It ownz, its like what early UO was, and what every game up till now should have been. Nothing more to it.

I don't care if you don't try it out, its your loss really! :D

Old 15-04-2003, 20:58   #14
[M7]
Legionnaire

Quote:
Originally posted by Lantador
What sucks is that you don't realize that l33t GFX doesn't make a good game.
Hey i actually BOUGHT Moo3.. the mother of all gameplay-over-graphics game. 8)
I just dont believe that i can immerse myself in an game that features ole Squareface Pointyshoe... its just a good exaple where bad graphics actually hurt gameplay... Well, it DOES hurt gameplay when i have to put on welding goggles every time i talk to a dwarf.. :D

Old 15-04-2003, 21:25   #15
devildawg
Legionnaire

Yes it does suck, and yes I did play it....I was even in the beta.

Sad this is that even without the good graphics there is still lag worse than anything I've ever seen in AO. Not to mention the fact that if you get in good groups you can level to 50 in about two weeks. The pvp sucks, even on the beta boreds there were fucking nerf whiners.

Old 15-04-2003, 22:33   #16
Zhukov

Can you try it out for free?

Old 16-04-2003, 00:46   #17
SBS

Quote:
Originally posted by [M7]
Hey i actually BOUGHT Moo3.. the mother of all gameplay-over-graphics game. 8)
I just dont believe that i can immerse myself in an game that features ole Squareface Pointyshoe... its just a good exaple where bad graphics actually hurt gameplay... Well, it DOES hurt gameplay when i have to put on welding goggles every time i talk to a dwarf.. :D
instead of Moo3... you should try Galactic Civilizations.. it rocks

Old 18-04-2003, 01:28   #18
Lantador

Quote:
Originally posted by devildawg
Yes it does suck, and yes I did play it....I was even in the beta.

Sad this is that even without the good graphics there is still lag worse than anything I've ever seen in AO. Not to mention the fact that if you get in good groups you can level to 50 in about two weeks. The pvp sucks, even on the beta boreds there were fucking nerf whiners.
How does the PvP suck?

And lag, yes, a bit, but not worse than any other game I've seen around - And its already far, far better than it was a few weeks ago, since they updated their servers, as demanded by the players...

And yea, you can level to 50 in two weeks, which is cool.. Soft cap is 60 now, 70 is possible with current mobs. Whatever the case, the central element in this game is large scale PvP and guild warfare, which I so far think the game rocks at.

And nerf whiners? Where don't you see those... At least in this game you can kill them on sight.