Go Back   Legion Forums > Public Communications > The Colosseum

The Colosseum Public forum for some friendly chitchat

Old 22-04-2003, 09:40   #19
Poppa

But wheres the roleplay?

Old 22-04-2003, 23:46   #20
Johnny Rico

Hey Lant.

Unfortunately I haven't been playing on scorn. I'll make a new character right now and try to level him to 20 asap on newbie island. What type of character are you playing?

I tried a human crusader first.

Then started an elf thief.

What guild are you in?

JR
Service Guarantees Citizenship

I only have one rule: Everyone fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you. -- Lt. Jean Rasczak.

Last edited by Johnny Rico; 23-04-2003 at 05:00.

Old 24-04-2003, 11:15   #21
Lantador

Since no one from Legion was playing I joined a guild called "The Regulators" on Scorn, they are oldschool PKs that I know from Atlantic/UO 5-6 years ago.

The Regulators are sworn as a sub-guild to the nation Rolling 30's (R30s), led by Bone Dancer, which is the main PK Nation on the server, also having SUN, TheMercs and a lot of the other most hardcore PvP guilds out there under their wings.

As opponents we have House of Sagacious (HoS) and a lot of other topnotch antis. Scorn so far has been the server with most pvp, quickest levelling, and most city sieges already.

We recently raided Baishi, one of HoS main towns with around 200 vs 200 people in the battle, including Siege Engies and shit. It was awsome.

But, no doubt, R30s u wanna get in. They got the best town, best location, and control the best levelling spots.

When cross-server raiding opens, it will be really interesting to see what happens! :)

As for myself, I made a Mage/Assassin, and went for the Blood Prophet Discipline Rune.

I can stealth, hide, backstab for insane damage, cast 3 different DoTs one with snare and one with stam drain, one excellent DD with Stun, I can recall, teleport, shield myself, heal myself, and have a health regen spell. Furthermore I can black mantle enemies so they cannot be healed, and I got stun immunity.

Downsides are not too many hitpoints, and weak in melee (dont do much damage when not backstabbing). On the other hand I have an insane defense rating, and I am hard as hell to hit for warriors. I believe my template is the best in the game. Oh and I also get a Darkspawn pet at level 50! (Still only level 47).

Old 24-04-2003, 11:16   #22
Lantador

Btw you wanna visit http://sb.catacombs.com. They have an excellent character builder/planner, and excellent maps. Make sure you plan your points on your character all the way to level 60, sucks to have wasted points on skills/powers you dont need in the endgame, cuz ur character will be weaker from it.

Also dont forget to save around 30-40 ability points for around level 40-50, to use on INT/DEX discs whatever you wanna raise your cap on.

Old 24-04-2003, 11:18   #23
Lantador

Quote:
Originally posted by Poppa
But wheres the roleplay?
Non existing more or less. If you want boring o.Oing find another game. Shadowbane is all out PvP as soon as you hit level 20 and leave newbie island.

All I can say I haven't felt like this about a game since early UO in 1997. If I continue to like it this much, then screw SWG, screw WoW.

Graphics in SB aren't l33t, but who cares, the gameplay and PvP is so nice, it utterly owns.

Old 24-04-2003, 11:21   #24
Lantador

Give me a private Shadowbane forum for me and Rico!!!!!!!!! :D

Old 24-04-2003, 11:23   #25
Lantador

Btw we need to figure out what to do, go for a Legion sub-guild to R30s, or just have you join The Regulators as well...

The problem is we wont be allowed to make a 2-man guild under R30s, they dont care about just 2 guys. And not being in R30s is not an option, trust me....

Old 24-04-2003, 13:58   #26
Zhukov

and whats PvP ?

Old 24-04-2003, 15:42   #27
Johnny Rico

Pvp = Player versus Player. (fighting each other)

Lant, at this point I don't think its worth having a Legion sub-guild, because it is only the two of us. However, Moltov is seriously considering the game and may be on as early as tonight.

I'm hoping that if he likes the game as much as the two of us we can convince so other Legionnaires to join the cause and then we can talk about sub-guild. I don't think it makes any sense at all, unless Legion decides to enter SB in full force to break away from your guild.

BTW, I leveled my last character up to 19 over the last two days. Unfortunately, I just read your post, and now realize that I probably gimped him already lol. If Mol gets on (or even if he doesn't) I think I'm going to start another character so that I'm not a worthless leecher.

JR.

I only have one rule: Everyone fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you. -- Lt. Jean Rasczak.

Old 25-04-2003, 05:51   #28
Johnny Rico

Well after gimping my 3rd character out of impatience, I'm gonna make my 4th, and follow your model. I like the way you think!!!

Mage assasin it is.

JR

Old 26-04-2003, 03:59   #29
Lantador

Make sure you make him an Irekei then so you can get the Blood Prophet Discipline later on - Thats what you will get your healing powers from and an excellent DoT with Fire/Stam drain.

Also, if in doubt, save the points, both ability points and skill points, for later on...

Read up skills/powers for your class on message boards like the ones at sbvault.ign.com, sb.catacombs.com or chronicle.ubi.com, lots of info waiting out there.

Anyway, let me and Rico have our private Legion Only SB forum please so we can discuss our l33t templates! :D

Old 26-04-2003, 04:02   #30
Lantador

Also make sure you think about what kind of character you wanna play.. I designed my Mage/Assassin so that he would not be truly excellent at one or a few things, but instead rather good at nearly everything - An allround mage-type character with a few rogue-style skills.

If you want a really, really badass warrior type, go Minotaur Barbarian. They get around 4 times as many hitpoints as a Mage/Assassin, and hit for insane damage.

I'm considering one as a secondary character sometime when my Mage/Assassin hits 60. :)

Old 26-04-2003, 15:44   #31
Johnny Rico

Hey Lant, what do you think of Shades?

I'm really digging stealth modes and am starting to think that I may enjoy playing the role of the recon scout. Too much fun standing in the middle of the enemy's base without them knowing.

My question to you is if it is possible to become profficient enough with sneak so that you are undetectable by Shades and by other scouts or if they will always be able to trump your invisibility powers. If this is the case, it semms like a Scout is automatically gimped by a Shade/scout and therefore virtually useless.

Another question:

I was wondering what types of skills are needed by the R30s. You guys need pure warriors, or are you in need of support personnel, i.e., healers, scouts, or even possibly thiefs?

I'll /tell you when I'm on.

AND YES, GIVE US OUR OWN FORUM

PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!

WITH SUGAR ON TOP !!!

JR

Old 27-04-2003, 20:32   #32
Johnny Rico

Jesus Lant,

In order for me to be able to get Sneak with the mage assasin, I need like 73K just to get to level 16, and I need to get to level 18. How many more levels will i need before the price come down?

I'm hoping 25. We will see.

FYI:

I put 100% in dagger mastery 50% in Shadow Mastery

What else should I be putting my points in?

JR

Old 28-04-2003, 02:06   #33
Lantador

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Rico
Hey Lant, what do you think of Shades?

I'm really digging stealth modes and am starting to think that I may enjoy playing the role of the recon scout. Too much fun standing in the middle of the enemy's base without them knowing.

My question to you is if it is possible to become profficient enough with sneak so that you are undetectable by Shades and by other scouts or if they will always be able to trump your invisibility powers. If this is the case, it semms like a Scout is automatically gimped by a Shade/scout and therefore virtually useless.

Another question:

I was wondering what types of skills are needed by the R30s. You guys need pure warriors, or are you in need of support personnel, i.e., healers, scouts, or even possibly thiefs?

I'll /tell you when I'm on.

AND YES, GIVE US OUR OWN FORUM

PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!

WITH SUGAR ON TOP !!!

JR
The shades detect power is useless, sneak or hide above level 20 is undetectable by the power they have.

A scout with GMed detect WILL have a fair chance to detect a GM sneak/hide, but it will be hard for him.

In R30s all kinds are viable, but if you want an easier time getting XP groups, pure tanks (barbarians or warriors) and especially healers with summon ability are the way to go.

However I wouldnt worry too much about whats needed or whats easiest in terms of getting into good groups, but instead pick the class you feel comfortable with, and preferably one that will pwn in PvP, not PvE.

For PvP, Human Confessor, Irekei Mage/Assassin, Minotaur Barbarian, and Warlocks are the way to go IMO. You will aso need a healer in a good PvP group, but hell if I'll play a support char. Thats someone elses job! :D

Old 28-04-2003, 02:10   #34
Lantador

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Rico
Jesus Lant,

In order for me to be able to get Sneak with the mage assasin, I need like 73K just to get to level 16, and I need to get to level 18. How many more levels will i need before the price come down?

I'm hoping 25. We will see.

FYI:

I put 100% in dagger mastery 50% in Shadow Mastery

What else should I be putting my points in?

JR
Never train skills/powers when they start costing more than 5k IMO, not untill after level 40 when you have the cash for it.

Wait a level or two, and the prize will drop. The system is made that way to make it really hard and expensive to get powers to a level higher than whats "normal" for your characters level.

Don't pump dagger higher, you won't need more for backstab, and theres a few levels till you get dagger mastery.

Max out Shadow Mastery though, its your main class focus skill.

Also max out Shadow Bolt and Steal Breath as soon as you can, they are your main damage dealing spells.

Shielding and the Shadowmastery line defense buff (forgot the name, but its the one that adds cold resistance as well) you wanna max out too.

Save the rest of the points for later.

Old 28-04-2003, 02:11   #35
Lantador

PS: Im not on IRC atm, its my home comp that you see online there, I'm currently at work! :D

Old 28-04-2003, 02:12   #36
Lantador

Quote:
Originally posted by Poppa
But wheres the roleplay?
Btw hows Neverboring Nights and A Land I Will Get Bored In going?

:D