Go Back   Legion Forums > Public Communications > The Colosseum

The Colosseum Public forum for some friendly chitchat

SWG vs WOW
Old 16-01-2004, 12:54   #1
Xenius
#2 fluffer (after Montie)

SWG vs WOW

What is your opinion. will WoW be better then SWG.. Or do you think it will be lame.. lets hear what you have to say

Hearts of Iron 4 Anticipation level:

Legion IRC

Old 16-01-2004, 13:20   #2
Icewolf
wiseass *g*

will both be great - i hope :)

Old 16-01-2004, 13:35   #3
Shaitan

I don't like Star Wars, so go figure ;)

Old 16-01-2004, 14:40   #4
montie
jungs panty raider

in that sorta game i would assume its not all to do with the game.. if you have loadsa friends playing with you .. either game be as good as the other.
wow looks visually stunning and i like wc3 and such.. so imo wow would be more the game for me, but as its another life sapper it is strictly off limits ;)

Old 16-01-2004, 16:37   #5
Def2K
Monkey Lover

stolen from other thread:

Quote:
As SWG sucks

Hard

long

and monkey cocks.

Besides that, the whole StarWars saga story sounds about as much like fun like sticking glowing spikes of bamboo under your toenails.

The endless grinding and the option to finish a char (get the highest) lvl in 2-3 days if you have the right stuff available isnt much to be proud of either.

The only reason people keep playing is doing DUMB SHITTY REPETETIVE CHEAT SHIT ACTIONS to get a jedi char.

so, yes, WoW will rock hard.
I dont know much about SWG but everything I hear about it isnt somethign that appeals to me.

1 character = teh suq and just a method to keep people busy as its possible to reach highest rank in under a week. But then you need something else and you can get on the grinding train again to do so instead of, conveniently, logging on another char.

StarWars universe: There is this Inmense universe. With cool stuff. AND THEN YOU ARE HUNTING LIZARDS AND STUFF FOR MATERIALS.

Where are teh huge, epic battles? I mean, rebel/ emperials dont seem THAT hostile to me.

The whole Jedi Issue: Total Bullshit. A drag. To keep people playing. Its utter nonsense. The fact that your char can die permanently makes it so that you can only play with people you trust (and know of that they can handle themselves). GO GO socialize.

WoW on the other hand I know jack shit about. Frankly, thats much better then SWG heh.

Besides, Orcs, TAuren and thinghies ROCK. GO GO MAGIC UBERHAMMER.

And I trust blizzard to make it own.

"Sex is the most natural, most beautiful, most wonderful thing that money can buy."

Proud Cultist errr... Fanclub Leader

Old 16-01-2004, 17:43   #6
Spitterman

WoW will own all

need i say more?;p

Old 17-01-2004, 10:39   #7
razor
Cannibal Clown

I play SWG because its the main game of legion. We have lotsa players in it and in the end that makes it fun to play it. I have my ups and downs with the game itself. Tbh when there aint a hunt and im on my own im bored as shit but when there is a hunt with ppl u know i have lotsa lotsa fun.

This is my first MMORPG so i have no single idea about other games of this type. Perhaps WoW is more my kinda game alltho when it takes ages and ages to build yer char with the time i am able to play the game, any game, i think i might get bored rather quickly too

Old 17-01-2004, 10:49   #8
Tanis
1st Rate Peon

Silly to compare them at this stage... not to mention the levelling and general focus of the 2 games is so disparate.

Grumpy.

Old 17-01-2004, 15:41   #9
Spitterman

WoW is designed with one thing in mind mainly...fun

the developers have said while building the game thats what they keep asking themselves, and if its not fun they make it so;p

i 90% guarentee WoW will own all mmorpg:o

Old 17-01-2004, 15:53   #10
Bullseye

Looking forward to WoW, only heard about SWG when browsing this board ... go figure ;)

Old 17-01-2004, 17:05   #11
montie
jungs panty raider

CT.. you see many of the old 144:20 crew? trying to get hold of em.. but not much luck

so--
Old 18-01-2004, 22:41   #12
Xenius
#2 fluffer (after Montie)

so--

The way i see it: WoW will prolly be better then SWG.. mainly cuz i love all Blizzard games.. Go Orc :)

prolly going to be playing both games to

Hearts of Iron 4 Anticipation level:

Legion IRC

Old 19-01-2004, 10:15   #13
steam
SWTOR (Command)

theres basically 1 simple formula i have experienced over a long time playing games now.

Theres always one company in one game category rocking all other companies hard and then there is Blizzard rocking all companies in every game category they chose to set their foot in.

So basically blizzard will take its time to generate the best and most rounded mmorpg on the market by the time of the release and prolly for a long time in the future.
This is partly from what i believe the major cash reserves they have ( e.g from selling more than 5 million WC3 copies *doh*) and then also from the insane reputation they have meanwhile.
A publisher wont push the development crew to an early release ( as it happened to SWG and Shadowlands for example ) and thus by release WoW will at least be playable they way its intended to be played ( again in contrast to SWG and SL ).

And yes i will definitly play it :)

Old 19-01-2004, 12:57   #14
Trys

Looking at recent departures inside Blizzard I'm not so sure Blizzard will be able to put out best possible game like they did most of the time.

Though, most of staff that left Blizzard wasn't much active on development of WoW (different development team) looks like they are on a downhill lately. :-|

Old 19-01-2004, 13:09   #15
Leviathan
Bounty Hunter

The thread should be called WoW > Swg

That is all.

Sic Infit, Solve Lora Infernis
AO - Leviathonss - 200 Enforcer / SWG - Manticore - Master Sharpshooter - Creature Handler / EVE - Lagiur Gonory - Amarr Capital Ship Pilot / WoW - Arcturus/Leo/Muhnthax/Teremlox/Kurgan etc / Aion - Dreadnaught 50 Templar - Fureon 50 Chanter on Nezekan / Global Agenda - FuriousAbyss 50 Assault / SC2 - Fureon - Terran / SWTOR - Titan 50 Powertech Tank - Conqueror / GW2 - Furious Abyss 80 Elementalist

Old 19-01-2004, 13:15   #16
Tiddy
just slow

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitterman
WoW is designed with one thing in mind mainly...fun

the developers have said while building the game thats what they keep asking themselves, and if its not fun they make it so;p
Errr, every dev from every game EVER made has said that crap. They are trying to sell their product, ofcourse they are going to say shit we wanna hear. If devs always told the truth then ShadowBane would be the best game of ALL TIME, but its not.

I'll take a wait and see on this game as with most games made these days, simply because most MMORPG's have sucked as of late. Anyways, the game could be good, even great, but I dont think I'd put much into what the dev team says.

Old 19-01-2004, 13:19   #17
Leviathan
Bounty Hunter

I fear for one thing and one thing only - bunches of nansy fags running around in WoW cos there is no PvP which is the single one thing that will really get up my back, without pvp there is no game to me - Fighting other player characters is what its all about imho (but only mine dont get me wrong) - Bring forth the ultimate mmorpg pvp bloodfest game plz sometime soon ty.

Sic Infit, Solve Lora Infernis
AO - Leviathonss - 200 Enforcer / SWG - Manticore - Master Sharpshooter - Creature Handler / EVE - Lagiur Gonory - Amarr Capital Ship Pilot / WoW - Arcturus/Leo/Muhnthax/Teremlox/Kurgan etc / Aion - Dreadnaught 50 Templar - Fureon 50 Chanter on Nezekan / Global Agenda - FuriousAbyss 50 Assault / SC2 - Fureon - Terran / SWTOR - Titan 50 Powertech Tank - Conqueror / GW2 - Furious Abyss 80 Elementalist

Old 19-01-2004, 15:47   #18
Spitterman

Quote:
Originally posted by Leviathonss
I fear for one thing and one thing only - bunches of nansy fags running around in WoW cos there is no PvP which is the single one thing that will really get up my back, without pvp there is no game to me - Fighting other player characters is what its all about imho (but only mine dont get me wrong) - Bring forth the ultimate mmorpg pvp bloodfest game plz sometime soon ty.

where did you hear there is no pvp?;p

about 10% of the game world is going to be pvp...suposidly its quite big:D

To Tiddy....go read the gamespy article on it;p