Go Back   Legion Forums > Public Communications > The Colosseum

The Colosseum Public forum for some friendly chitchat

Old 14-04-2006, 00:15   #91
Tjattras

Gravitas, do you ever think "- I'm an idiot and I need to wake up" ?

It's one thing to ask an innocent question but there are limits to stupidity, or at least I thought so until I read this.

Old 14-04-2006, 00:15   #92
Gravitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
In an ancient Roman context, the word gravitas communicated a sense of dignity, seriousness, and duty. Gravitas is one of the several virtues that Ancient Roman society expected men to possess, along with pietas and dignitas.
Really? Wow. I sure picked a great name out of that hat!

Old 14-04-2006, 00:18   #93
Valhalla
Obesa Cantavit

I saw this bald eagle when i was out fishing the other day.
I hid in the bush for 5 hours cause i wasnt sure there was germans around or not.

Old 14-04-2006, 00:21   #94
Biggdogg
Grand Poobah

Blame Canada imo

Old 14-04-2006, 00:22   #95
Gravitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjattras
Gravitas, do you ever think "- I'm an idiot and I need to wake up" ?

It's one thing to ask an innocent question but there are limits to stupidity, or at least I thought so until I read this.
I can't help but wonder if people realize the utter futility in expending their energy crying "you're stupid" on someone over and over again, and in various forms.

Learn2argue, plz. Ad hominems need not apply.

Old 14-04-2006, 00:24   #96
lokken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggdogg
Blame Canada imo
proof of a nazi dictator if it was ever needed.

Old 14-04-2006, 00:26   #97
lokken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas
I can't help but wonder if people realize the utter futility in expending their energy crying "you're stupid" on someone over and over again, and in various forms.

Learn2argue, plz. Ad hominems need not apply.
http://www.legionhq.org/showpost.php...2&postcount=74

we learnt from the best duder :(

Old 14-04-2006, 00:26   #98
Zjozz
spacecake

11/10 a+ would read again!

Old 14-04-2006, 00:30   #99
Valhalla
Obesa Cantavit

How come threads like these doesnt come around on regular weekdays so i can read them at the office while having coffee?

Old 14-04-2006, 00:31   #100
Gravitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
You mean the zillion posts above that crying for my blood?

Old 14-04-2006, 00:52   #101
Agamemnon
I hate you all

This part of Tiddys post was pretty to the point, too bad you didn't bother responding to it outside of the ad hominem, but I guess the rule of not using those only applies to others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiddy
Bro, did you even consider that maybe there are people in this community that hate what Nazi Germany stood for just as much as you do? Do you think Jewish people are the only ones that have a right to be 'overly' offended by such things?

The majority if this guild, and community is European. WW2 impacted their way of life a helluvalot more than it did Canada, or even the USA for that matter. The sad part isnt that you asked the question... well yes it is, but the saddest part is you are trying to defend your question as if it was the correct thing to do just because you are Jewish. You, sir, were not in the right... not even close.

There are people here that get more offended by this topic than you do, so just because you are Jewish doesnt give you the right to accuse them of being Nazis, which is basically wtf you did. You do realize this right? You not only indirectly accused the members of the WoW guild, but every single member of this gaming community of being a Nazi.
And yeah, for the record, people were killed by nazis where I live, and where I am now, on an easter holliday, they occupied a fairly huge arms factory. This fact doesn't make me jump at someones throat for being a nazi if he tilts his hand a bit too much when he waves at a friend he passes on the street.

Old 14-04-2006, 01:10   #102
Tobler
monster

Val maybe we can keep this going until u are back to work and u can read it then !

WoW: Rascal, Binty EvE: Kasdan ki AO: Tobleronee, Vipperjade, Kasdan
Do you have the time To listen to me whine About nothing and everything All at once.
<wal> happy ppls > epikz
<Ripafk> a guild with 60 ben's would rock

Old 14-04-2006, 01:41   #103
Uuisa
Gren's Favourite !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla
I saw this bald eagle when i was out fishing the other day.
I hid in the bush for 5 hours cause i wasnt sure there was germans around or not.

<3 Val!

Old 14-04-2006, 01:44   #104
Gravitas

Quote:
This part of Tiddys post was pretty to the point, too bad you didn't bother responding to it outside of the ad hominem, but I guess the rule of not using those only applies to others?
As I already pointed out, I began indulging in them after many of you sufficiently introduced me. I'm not going to sit here defenseless while my personal character is being attacked.

I will address Tiddy's post, however, just to settle your burning inquiry of why it was conceived by a half-wit.

Quote:
Bro, did you even consider that maybe there are people in this community that hate what Nazi Germany stood for just as much as you do? Do you think Jewish people are the only ones that have a right to be 'overly' offended by such things?
I did consider it; hence the preemptive apology (preemptive should be a word you sagely Alabamans know well.)

And I knew that as soon as I mentioned my Jewish heritage, at least one person would start cramming words into my mouth. If you backtrack, my specific language nowhere states or implies exclusivity.

Quote:
The majority if this guild, and community is European. WW2 impacted their way of life a helluvalot more than it did Canada, or even the USA for that matter. The sad part isnt that you asked the question... well yes it is, but the saddest part is you are trying to defend your question as if it was the correct thing to do just because you are Jewish. You, sir, were not in the right... not even close.
Granted, WW2 impacted Europe more than the Americas. Granted, my grandfather is Polish and was interned in concentration camps in Germany and Poland, and loved his home country, and my father dutch, that Europe's plight was thus certainly not in any way related to me. Granted, I'm Jewish--but just because our creed was almost hunted to extinction cleary doesn't entitle us to become alarmed by any potential neo-fascism. Granted, none of us were even alive during Hitler's regime, so all your claims are of even less relevance than mine if your religion/ethnicity was not persecuted in that era.

I can grant you a lot of things: your foolishness, for example.

Quote:
There are people here that get more offended by this topic than you do, so just because you are Jewish doesnt give you the right to accuse them of being Nazis, which is basically wtf you did. You do realize this right? You not only indirectly accused the members of the WoW guild, but every single member of this gaming community of being a Nazi.
No, I accused no one. I questioned, from a suspicion. If I wanted to accuse VtS of harbouring nazis, I would have flat-out done so.

Back to Jackass B:

Quote:
And yeah, for the record, people were killed by nazis where I live, and where I am now, on an easter holliday, they occupied a fairly huge arms factory. This fact doesn't make me jump at someones throat for being a nazi if he tilts his hand a bit too much when he waves at a friend he passes on the street.
Good for you. If you're not black, or a Gypsy, or Jewish, or mentally handicapped, or a Saracen--basically any of the conditions/creeds/races persecuted in Hitler's Final Solution, you have no reason to be as jumpy as me. If you are one of those (e.g.: the second to last), and don't (or are unable to) care, that's your prerogative.

As to your deflated analogy: I'd like to meet someone who can haphazardly transform a wave into a heil.

Last edited by Gravitas; 14-04-2006 at 01:49.

Old 14-04-2006, 01:56   #105
Stijn
Legionnaire

ewww i'm out of popcorn

Old 14-04-2006, 01:57   #106
Horus
bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas
You mean the zillion posts above that crying for my blood?

Blut und Boden

dear god
Old 14-04-2006, 03:31   #107
BDB
Mastre spellare

dear god

WOW Gravitas OR AS I WILL CALL U FROM NOW ON FUCKTARD
WHAT U NEED TO DO IS GO OUT SIDE AND DIG A HOLE PUT YOUR FUCKING HEAD IN THE HOLE FUCKTARD AND FIST YOUR SELF TILL U ONE OF 2 THINGS HAPPEN

u either die which hey thats fucking great for me

or understand that your makeing more of an ass out of your self by posting this shit then fisting your self

either way fuck off and die slow and plz plz plz dont have fucking kids u dumb twat cumlicking fucktard

l

Old 14-04-2006, 03:48   #108
Toxi
Sissi, Die kleine Kaiserin

l

o

l

Best reply ever.