Go Back   Legion Forums > Public Communications > The Colosseum

The Colosseum Public forum for some friendly chitchat

Old 09-03-2006, 18:32   #1
steam
SWTOR (Command)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewq
#
WoW is relatively new with an HUGE players base and a respected game producer. If they can come with a real PvP motivation like Notum War it's going to be perfect.
That is about when i would reactivate .)

Old 09-03-2006, 11:34   #2
Animoy
Cyb0r Queen

AO - Loved it to 220, then wow came
WoW - Loved it till 60 + some months, then it turned into a huge grind that requires you to spend loads of time, and for what?
SWG - NGE is kinda...weird....fun....but didnt find it playable in the long run

Currently playing EVE, since I find it to be a game for all kinda people, not just the ppl with too much time on their hands. What you do ingame is also up to yourself, since there are almost no "rules" set by game itself.

Old 10-03-2006, 19:51   #3
Nanobio
Legionnaire

TBH, AO = In an End life cycle
SWG, i dunno
WOW, actually playing and enjoying it
4th option ? EVE ? :p

Old 11-03-2006, 12:51   #4
Gaijin
Legionnaire

game mechanic wise wow is one of the best games i ran into. you can logon and just start doing whatever you like. the biggest shock will most likely hit you at level 60, when everything turns into a grind fest and loosing interest is a question of time, if you dont like the raid aspect. (figure out how to kill mob a by doing x to trigger y so you can do z)

eve has one of the worst game mechanics. the learning curve is very steep but with help of other players ( very mature and helpful community [first thing i noticed, when i started playing it] ) youll get into the game quite fast. from then its up to your choice how the game will evolve. its a game where you write your own story without consuming too much time. your character progress skill wise, even if you cant logon for months.

in eve ppl you play with restrict what you can do compared to games like ao/wow where you need a certain level to participate. i started pvping in the game within my first week and that got me hooked with the game (:

first kill, first death will be remembered ^^

ps.: click the link in my sig to get a sneak peak into eve (:

Old 11-03-2006, 21:01   #5
Link

though space seems quite nice, swg really sucks now. I nearly cried when I saw what it had turned into.

Freelance puppy killer

Old 12-03-2006, 17:40   #6
Icewolf
wiseass *g*

You completly missed my point, I don't care about the ranking system (yes it is bullshit, no need to discuss that I guess :p), I was talking about open world PvP.
If you've ever played daoc, you'll know what I mean and miss - or the PvP we had before they introduced BGs and expecially DKs (as that ruined our UC/Org) raids completly.

I've played WoW BGs until rank 10 before they made easier, when we had our PvP groups, and it was fun but got boring damn fast. If I want to play CTF I still prefer Q3/TFC instead.

cu starside
Ice

Old 12-03-2006, 18:36   #7
Himiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewolf
You completly missed my point, I don't care about the ranking system (yes it is bullshit, no need to discuss that I guess :p), I was talking about open world PvP.
If you've ever played daoc, you'll know what I mean and miss - or the PvP we had before they introduced BGs and expecially DKs (as that ruined our UC/Org) raids completly.

I've played WoW BGs until rank 10 before they made easier, when we had our PvP groups, and it was fun but got boring damn fast. If I want to play CTF I still prefer Q3/TFC instead.

cu starside
Ice
I just wanted to give the OP an overview of the WoW PvP system in general, got a bit carried away I guess :P. I never played daoc so I couldn't compare the two PvP systems. But yeah, DKs have to be the one of the most stupid and pointless things Blizzard has yet to come out with, especially when they screw your friend out of GM :(.

Old 13-03-2006, 13:07   #8
]x[
Legionnaire

Eve :yes:

The few, the proud, the expendable..

Old 15-03-2006, 10:08   #9
Valhalla
Obesa Cantavit

I tried SWG again for a short period of time after the changes. The new idea might be some fresh air into the game for the veteran players as well. It's not a complete shit game, and i still wonder if i will return to it some day, but what ruined it for me was JTL.

That being said, i can't really say much about the game now as i havent played for ages.

Bottom line is that i think the author of this thread should check out WoW simply because i think that game will offer him more new and fun stuff than SWG does at the moment.

PS: Who's Maddix?