Go Back   Legion Forums > Public Communications > The Colosseum

The Colosseum Public forum for some friendly chitchat

Old 14-04-2006, 00:24   #1
lokken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggdogg
Blame Canada imo
proof of a nazi dictator if it was ever needed.

Old 14-04-2006, 00:26   #2
Zjozz
spacecake

11/10 a+ would read again!

Old 14-04-2006, 01:41   #3
Uuisa
Gren's Favourite !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla
I saw this bald eagle when i was out fishing the other day.
I hid in the bush for 5 hours cause i wasnt sure there was germans around or not.

<3 Val!

Old 14-04-2006, 00:30   #4
Valhalla
Obesa Cantavit

How come threads like these doesnt come around on regular weekdays so i can read them at the office while having coffee?

Old 14-04-2006, 01:10   #5
Tobler
monster

Val maybe we can keep this going until u are back to work and u can read it then !

WoW: Rascal, Binty EvE: Kasdan ki AO: Tobleronee, Vipperjade, Kasdan
Do you have the time To listen to me whine About nothing and everything All at once.
<wal> happy ppls > epikz
<Ripafk> a guild with 60 ben's would rock

Old 14-04-2006, 04:15   #6
Whaam
hobo

your mom is a nazi. a cock nazi

Old 14-04-2006, 04:30   #7
Venethor

You know something is right with the guild when we get trolls on our personal forums!

Old 14-04-2006, 04:53   #8
Gravitas

By the way, just to clarify: anyone's who's taken High School English knows there are two kinds of symbols: public and personal. So all those scenarios people put forth of having me freak out wherever I see an eagle do not apply. The American Eagle is a symbol whose meaning is known widely (although nowadays its nobler cast seems to be wearing off). When it comes to the symbols created by marginal people playing videos games centered on prejudice and warfare (some of which even allow the playing of Axis forces, a preference of this guild that someone alluded to earlier), one can never be too sure.

The sad aspect of this thread is that my question was answered clearly, calmly, and rationally, in the first response. Thank you Rids.

Old 14-04-2006, 06:01   #9
Trelf
WoW Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas
The sad aspect of this thread is that my question was answered clearly, calmly, and rationally, in the first response. Thank you Rids.
Rids is always calm and rational ;0

Old 14-04-2006, 05:24   #10
Bociwen
Night of Fire

Can we schedule another post of feigned ignorance for next tuesday during server down? Most of us are bored at that time, and we can surely hit 10 pages much faster then today.

Old 14-04-2006, 05:39   #11
Venethor

Hmmm.. should I feed the troll in showing the flaw in his last arguement? I think I won't, because I can get more postcount from not answering right away...

+postcount. Gotta get my golden star, and keep Val busy at work reading the forums!

The real sad aspect is, even though you were interested in knowing what Legion's symbol and motto stands for (Which, for my case, I spent about 30 minute googleing to get my answer before I apped to VtS and got all the answers i needed back in the day), you went probably the worst possible way to get the answer, angering the whole community in the process.

Old 14-04-2006, 06:33   #12
Gravitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venethor
Hmmm.. should I feed the troll in showing the flaw in his last arguement? I think I won't, because I can get more postcount from not answering right away...
I can guess your refutal:

"Well, we use the eagle under its public meaning too! It confers the might of Rome upon us!"

What do you describe a symbol with multiple public connotations adopted for private use as though? It's a still a matter of deciphering which public connotation is being adopted, and so in this sense it's still the context which lends the symbol it's meaning, prefabricated or not-- hence, my original inquiry. And hence, I still won't freak whenever I spot an eagle.

Old 14-04-2006, 08:36   #13
Matro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas
I was mildly aware of the relation, but if there was any chance of a Nazi implication I needed to know.

You should realize that some people's lives and histories are profoundly influenced by certain large-scale events, and so specific associations are more readily in their minds. I'm Jewish, if this helps you to understand my vector better.
Hi, I'm Russian.
This is my country's state Coat of Arms. Do you have any questions about Natzi symbolic in it for me too?

P.S. Welcome to the boards, hope you don't mind our forum trolls? They are just bored and it was soooo long since last drama...
Attached Images
File Type: gif Garant117.gif (19.4 KB, 32 views)

Old 14-04-2006, 08:52   #14
Savahl
Pink!

If you had questions about the origins of the guild logo, name or motto then simply ask. you dont need to make suggestions :p

What did you expects by turning up and just asking "hi are you nazi's?", especially with the fact that we do have a largely european member base, and many in countires that suffered greatly during the war.

Common sense imo :o

I cant believe i missed 8 pages of drama!

You are not your job, and you are not the clothes you wear, you are the words that leave your mouth so speak up, speak up loud

Old 14-04-2006, 08:58   #15
Savahl
Pink!

Also, gravitas, if i were you I'd quit now. You arent gunna win this one, no-one is gunna turn around and apologise for the flames, you made a stupid, ignorant post, and while you apologised for the "disruption" it caused, you keep defending the things you implied.

All you will be doin now is feeding the flame :(

You are not your job, and you are not the clothes you wear, you are the words that leave your mouth so speak up, speak up loud

Old 14-04-2006, 09:02   #16
sLak
bratwurst

Sav puhleaaase! It's friday. This thread is delivering. No need to stop it's momentum!

Old 14-04-2006, 09:07   #17
Savahl
Pink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLak
Sav puhleaaase! It's friday. This thread is delivering. No need to stop it's momentum!
oh sorry....uhmmmm.....

Fuck you, you fucking.....umm......fuck..tar..d......

i need to practice flaming, i just spent 5mins trying to think of something nasty to say but pulled a blank :(

Old 14-04-2006, 09:09   #18
sLak
bratwurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savahl
oh sorry....uhmmmm.....

Fuck you, you fucking.....umm......fuck..tar..d......

i need to practice flaming, i just spent 5mins trying to think of something nasty to say but pulled a blank :(
We all have our talents. But practice makes perfect heh!
Anyway no need to feel :(