Go Back   Legion Forums > Public Communications > The Colosseum

The Colosseum Public forum for some friendly chitchat

Old 14-04-2006, 09:01   #145
Iminay
I look good in High-Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas
So there are similar designs. It doesn't invalidate my question. The Nazis still used that design, and that was the connotation salient in my mind. There's not much more to it than that. I'm far more used to seeing that symbol, in its current style, in conjunction with Nazis than America.

I do find it fairly odd though that America would take such a similar design for their emblem concurrent with the end of the war, though.
Ill ask Gren to change the symbol to the swastika so we actualy have something to argue about.

Anyway, just because the Nazi's used a symbol does not make it theirs. Symbolism is not owned by any culture, its the herritage of human kind.

You dont cringe everytime you see a christian cross just because Hitler decided to paint a stylized version of it on the side of his Panzer tanks right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Cross

Old 14-04-2006, 09:01   #146
Matro

Quote:
That wasn't my question. Since people are conscious of the social stigma placed on Nazis, it was always my impression that if any Nazi movement existed here, it would be covert, with only an overt nod toward their ideology, as I stated way above, given by the guild's emblem.
Believe me, nothing short of a direct address would have been sufficient.
I just knew you'd say that.
Once I addressed to one of the guildies as Natzie (actually after he mentioned he leaved in one german town I asked he if he "Natzi too") and got very negative responce from those germans who were online at that time. Some people in guild are reacting too expressive, sometimes over-reacting. Since then I'm trying to stay out from national/political etc jokes. We have too many different people here.

I suggest you consider this and stop posting here.

Old 14-04-2006, 09:02   #147
sLak
bratwurst

Sav puhleaaase! It's friday. This thread is delivering. No need to stop it's momentum!

Old 14-04-2006, 09:07   #148
Savahl
Pink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLak
Sav puhleaaase! It's friday. This thread is delivering. No need to stop it's momentum!
oh sorry....uhmmmm.....

Fuck you, you fucking.....umm......fuck..tar..d......

i need to practice flaming, i just spent 5mins trying to think of something nasty to say but pulled a blank :(

You are not your job, and you are not the clothes you wear, you are the words that leave your mouth so speak up, speak up loud

Old 14-04-2006, 09:09   #149
sLak
bratwurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savahl
oh sorry....uhmmmm.....

Fuck you, you fucking.....umm......fuck..tar..d......

i need to practice flaming, i just spent 5mins trying to think of something nasty to say but pulled a blank :(
We all have our talents. But practice makes perfect heh!
Anyway no need to feel :(

Old 14-04-2006, 09:09   #150
Gravitas

I am leaving, though. I've said all I've had to say, and arguing further is fruitless.

I asked a question, and I got a response. A lot was revealed about this guild and about Eagles/Symbolism/Nazis/etc in the process, and I don't regret having asked it.

Good luck, and goodbye.

Old 14-04-2006, 09:20   #151
Uuisa
Gren's Favourite !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iminay
Ill ask Gren to change the symbol to the swastika so we actualy have something to argue about.

<3 Imi :p

Old 14-04-2006, 09:21   #152
Uuisa
Gren's Favourite !

Quote:
I am leaving, though. I've said all I've had to say, and arguing further is fruitless.

I asked a question, and I got a response. A lot was revealed about this guild and about Eagles/Symbolism/Nazis/etc in the process, and I don't regret having asked it.

Good luck, and goodbye.

Buh- bye

Old 14-04-2006, 11:04   #153
DeEvil
Legionnaire

if u ever decide to get back here again Gravitas... heres my response after reading all these pages..

if i have gotten all of your ( acording to me, ignorant, childish, blindfolded ) question/assumption/or call it whateva u like...

The short short short answer is:
YES, it has!
but heres the thing! your "question" is wrong !!!!

the short short answer to your question is:
No, but nazi-germany used the eagle and MANY more ALLREADY excisting ( read 100's n´1000's years ago ) symbols for their own purpose.

Wich this comunity of players/friends/whateva is also doing, but not NOT in the name of anythig like that...

when i saw legion the first time, it was in a came called Planetarion, it was a text-based game, extremly addictive..

The only thing i could see about this guild/alliance/comunity was these "banners", "pictures" of what they stood for...

NEVER ever came one thought to mind about anything related to germany other then that of the movie gladiator.. the war in the beginning of the movie..

some history from me..

the only thing, ONLY thing i know about my real inherritence is that my grandfather was a SS-officer who died in WW2 when they attacked France.
My grandmother was just an ordinary person from norway.
My mother was left at a... hmm.. barnhem = childrens home ??!!?? to grow up in... she moved to sweden to look fro relatives after she had grown up abit..
thats the short reason why i live in sweden..

but hey, does that make me to a NAZI ???

hense the reason why i think your "questions" was childish and very grabbed right out in the air, with no solid ground to stay on...

i got upset about your question as well.. mostly cause you asked it wrong with what you are trying to defend later on in your posts!

you have given all the answers but still you are looking for YOUR answer, and justifying it with more "assumtions"... it was a good thing you stopped and left... but i hope you come back after you have reflected on everything you wrote and everyone else wrote, and come to the conclusion, that you blinded screamed wolf with NOTHING to base it to...

you have been given a very interesting site be4:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Cross

check also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

ps: heh hope i havent started something now... =) tired and havent slept in 2 days, read this quik, wrote this quiker with a broken keyboard... heheh =)

night night PEEPS

ps2: hmm really nice siggeh Savahl i really really liked that eye !!
and a nice site you lead me to as well... thnx

”Nemo enim fere saltat sobrius, nisi forte insanit”

"Silent leges inter arma"

Old 14-04-2006, 11:06   #154
lokken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
Hi lokken,

<3
Good morning Rids.

<3

Old 14-04-2006, 11:43   #155
Zjozz
spacecake

dude axis > allies, mp40 > thompson what?!

videogames

oh btw do you think if we actually were nazis we would be telling you?

And now for an Ode to my good friend Vern (or Shill Dinger you might know him by)

Sieg Heil, baby! SIEG FUCKING HEIL!

ps. before you get all riled up again thats from the HBO show Oz.

Old 14-04-2006, 12:10   #156
Venethor

I wake up, and this thread is still going. A+ Troll.

Old 14-04-2006, 13:03   #157
BDB
Mastre spellare

Quote:
So there are similar designs. It doesn't invalidate my question. The Nazis still used that design, and that was the connotation salient in my mind. There's not much more to it than that. I'm far more used to seeing that symbol, in its current style, in conjunction with Nazis than America.

I do find it fairly odd though that America would take such a similar design for their emblem concurrent with the end of the war, though.
FUCKTARD are u just that thick get the fucking point it has nothing to do with nazis now fuck off some here to your hole

Old 14-04-2006, 13:22   #158
MEGUNT
Abrasive

I just wanted to say HI

I love you BOB come have nasty gay sex with me and I'll give you a reach around

both of you are old fucks

Old 14-04-2006, 13:27   #159
MEGUNT
Abrasive

ok now for a somewhat serious post

fuck that I can't make a serious post this is way too funny, since I can't read words longer then 5 letters some of the posts did not make sense but I was however able to read everything Rids and BDB posted cause well they can't spell words that are longer then 5 letters. All I have to say is can we split the posts up after page 5 you have to start a new post pls, hate trying to click on the small numbers to go to the next page, and I get confused after the number 5.

KKTHXBYE

post counts for the win

Old 14-04-2006, 13:46   #160
Tiddy
just slow

God dammit, this thread has gotten too fucking tame.

BTW, I think Grav is actually a Nazi and was just wanting friends :(

Oh, and <3 Bob, glad you came through in true fation since rids seems to have gotten laid or something.

Old 14-04-2006, 13:56   #161
MEGUNT
Abrasive

have you seen rids he can't get laid

Old 14-04-2006, 14:09   #162
Gaijin
Legionnaire

hi!