Go Back   Legion Forums > Public Communications > Enlistment

Enlistment Applications for The Legion community

Jergekurn Application
Old 04-03-2012, 04:55   #1
Smreasonover

Jergekurn Application

Hi, I am appling for this guild because I heard that it was one were people get together and do stuff. Well i have play several MMO's from Everquest, WoW, City of Heros, LOTRO, D&D online. . . ect. I am very informed how to play these games, and I like to have fun doing it with others weather they are knowlageable about what they are doing or not and even to help those that dont.

Thank You,
Shawn(Jergekurn)

Old 04-03-2012, 05:32   #2
Primaris

Consider this a pre-emptive "I know this dude!"
Glad to see your sister has been working on you to apply to legion!
Heather! Come vouch for your brother!!!!!

This is my brother!
Old 04-03-2012, 05:35   #3
Mika

This is my brother!

I joined because of Primaris and now my brother is into this game and I would love to have him join us. He's great company and loves to play this game.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:16   #4
Imsdal
Spamcop

Hey Shawn. Could you read the sticky thread and fill in some more info about yourself.

Once that is sorted, I'll fix your forum/guild invite.

Cheers.

\Imsdal/ /Boojah/ \Sombreros\ \Gimpsdal/ /Severance\

Old 04-03-2012, 14:22   #5
Niktorius
Legionnaire

People don't read the sticky's Ims. That being said. It's pretty strange that a 'family/ friend' application doesn't get it right.

Old 04-03-2012, 19:35   #6
Niktorius
Legionnaire

Oooh my. I'm lost for words. You really are a nice one.

What do you think I was refering to in the first place. They didn't give you the info, but if you don't bother to read the application sticky it is your fault.

I have no idea why this is a difficult concept for you to understand.

And to answer your personal insult. I couldn't care less what you think. You are clearly way to touchy.

Last edited by Imsdal; 05-03-2012 at 12:16. Reason: Cuz I can!

Old 04-03-2012, 21:47   #7
Imsdal
Spamcop

At first, I thought wtf, I'm going to delete this thread, and leave it be. But since I'm a sucker for drama, this is just down my alley. Sec, just let me drink some turpentine, and I'll piss on the fire!

So. I'm gtg.

First of all, there is a BIG, sticky thread that says "read BEFORE applying". You obviously failed to do so.

You then insult a member who's been in Legion for 8 years, when he points out the obvious. Fail two.

3rd thing. If I would, I could beat the living daylights outta you, so drop the fucking attitude or go home. Think about that next time you threaten one of our members, because not everyone who sits in front of a computer is either 90 or 500lbs like you think.

Now, that said. I couldn't care less if you're Elvis or even the Pope. Drop the attitude, and spit out an really good apology, and then we're going to find out what to do with this sorry excuse of an application.

Old 05-03-2012, 00:57   #8
Primaris

Ims,

Please delete this thread.

People that are excited to be joining a guild to play with family/friends can get into a rush and just simply "apply" and not stop to think to spend time to read a "sticky" thread.

New applicants might not necessarily and truly understand why you want to know the info that you request, or would rather keep it private for one reason or another.

The facts of this application topic’s chain are:

- At the time this post was made, I was in vent listening to the sponsor talk about this applicant.
I did not have much input as I was a healer pvping at the time. This applicant and his sponsor are siblings. The applicant has desired to be in Legion since he started playing SWTOR because the people he knows that plays SWTOR comprise a few of his friends and family. I do not recall in the conversation if this applicant’s sponsor did or did not inform the applicant to read the “sticky.”

-In the application above he stated everything that you asked for except:
-Under “What we expect from our applicants” he did not state his age.
-Under “Friends and family” he did not state his employment and play times.
-Under “General applicant”, yes this person could have stated more - but this person is not a “general applicant” and so it was not necessary.
-Simply put; he stated everything in the “sticky” that you wanted to know (except age, employment and play times) – all accomplished in brevity.

-Based on what I know of the situation, the applicant has wanted to be in Legion for some time and is anxious to join us. He has had unsatisfactory experiences with other players/guilds and has experienced – for the most part - good experiences with Legion players.

-Yes, the comments posted by the applicant did not have to be worded the way he did. And probably should not have been stated at all.
I too feel that he should appologize.
If you want to join a group of people you do not do so by insulting them.

Obviously he is frustrated with his game experience and does not want to miss out on the opportunity to play with a good guild and the people he has met in Legion.
He might also see the application process as just a formality as he has been playing with Legion members for so long.
I will talk to him and his sponsor when I can.

I’m not defending or attacking anyone. I’m just trying to get everyone to see this was a silly and unfortunate exchange – all over what appears to be a quickly written application post.

The bottom line is, after all, we all just want to play the same game together and have a good time.

I understand if the applicant does not get accepted and I will talk to the applicant and the applicant’s sponsor (the applicant and sponsor are siblings whom I both know) and try to smooth things over.

I’m too old for this drama.

Primaris “the peacemaker”

Last edited by Primaris; 05-03-2012 at 01:31.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:43   #9
Niktorius
Legionnaire

Prim. He might have been exited, he might have had little time, he might think the application process is to much. I don't know. But don't try to put this as an excuse for insulting and threatening people.

Anyway, I have no problems to look at it as a one time thing and move on, but I do expect an apology.

Cause as you said. I'm to old for drama.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:40   #10
Primaris

Nik,

I wasn't trying to make excuses. I was just trying to smooth things over.

Speechless
Old 05-03-2012, 07:11   #11
Mika

Speechless

First, I would like to apoligize for my brother's actions in handling this situation. He called me earlier today and told me he probably wasn't getting into Legion because his application wasn't working out. Then, Primaris called me to see what was going on. Note: this all was discussed before I read this thread. I told Prime I would post on it later. So, here I am reading this thread, and I am speechless. It looks to me as though my brother got offended that he didn't complete his application properly because of something he didn't know about and someone made a smart comment about it. So, he blew up. I feel this is partly my fault because I didn't inform him of this nor did I know about the "sticky" note. To be completely honest, I didn't read it either when I applied. That's neither here nor there, but I disagree with the way he handled the situation. I do think he needs to apoligize whether he joins us or not. Again, I apoligize for not only his actions, but also for me not being more detailed with the application process. I just thought it would be cool if him and I were in a guild together.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:23   #12
Niktorius
Legionnaire

Prim. I know you did and thats a good thing.

Mika. Ya I can see that people might blow up over nothing sometimes. Most of us probably do.

And to just make it clear. I wouldn't have any problems with him joining us.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:47   #13
Imsdal
Spamcop

We can forget and forgive alot of stuff. But, first he need to write a good apology to Nik, then he needs to make a far better application. And last, if he gets accepted, that attitude again = instant kick, without any warning.

Regarding the sticky post, and ppl not reading it. I can't do anything about that. Why we want good applications, is because it's easier for our members to get a general undersanding who this guy is, and then it's easier to team up etc.

In AO, SWG, WoW etc, we had probably 20 lines+ in average on the applicaitons. 3 lines just doesn't cut it. When I'm using more time to sort out ingame invite + forum access than the guy/girl applying did on the application, then it makes me sad.