Go Back   Legion Forums > Public Communications > The Colosseum

The Colosseum Public forum for some friendly chitchat

Imperial Conflict
Old 07-01-2003, 18:39   #1
Precursors
Legionnaire

Imperial Conflict

After i left PA, I played 3 rounds in imperial conflict in top alliance. It was a very nice game, much more strategy to be applied than PA or starsphere due to it's massive galaxy maps and air&ground forces. Why didn't Legion ever play this game? There are so many players&alliances in that game as well. :no:

Old 08-01-2003, 08:16   #2
razor
Cannibal Clown

I think most of us are just tired and bored of the concept of PA. Perhaps yes this has more but in the end its all like PA anyways.

Old 08-01-2003, 14:07   #3
Precursors
Legionnaire

i agree staying up all night in irc room coordinating attack&defend was kind of exhausting, but that's what i miss about those PA days, the unity. That's what Legion does best,strategy, nowadays i see people scattered around wc3, ao, ss etc. I hope legion will have great comeback with swg for i am playing it and i want to see legion victor again ;)

Old 08-01-2003, 14:36   #4
razor
Cannibal Clown

Its gonna be something different. Most of us played the PA clone that long (for me since round 1) that the most r just tired of the whome concept. Now with SWG we have a new game, new goals, new gameplay

Old 08-01-2003, 16:21   #5
Precursors
Legionnaire

of course it is a different game, but it is pretty useless to play solo. Sınce interacting with other players is encouraged so much in this game, and PAs are officially accepted, strategy and unity will rule again. People know how to plan strategy here :=)

Old 10-01-2003, 15:23   #6
AirDrawn

There is kind of a problem on Imperial Conflict where MASS ELITE ALLIANCES are strictly forbidden, and not allowed. Myself i am not a player of the game but know friends in high places on there. But yeah id love to see VTS climb the ranks and batter all the newbies on there. Work out how it works, which aint hard, and then build build build, and tata ICP

Its Me, Its The A Double DD

- AirDrawnDaggers -

Old 10-01-2003, 16:18   #7
Precursors
Legionnaire

Quote:
Originally posted by AirDrawn
There is kind of a problem on Imperial Conflict where MASS ELITE ALLIANCES are strictly forbidden, and not allowed. Myself i am not a player of the game but know friends in high places on there. But yeah id love to see VTS climb the ranks and batter all the newbies on there. Work out how it works, which aint hard, and then build build build, and tata ICP
Your information is totally wrong. There ARE mass elite aliances all rounds. Sometimes same alliance is on top 3 rounds in a row. Though one thing is forbidden : 3 alliances grouping their attacks on same enemy, which is done (hard to prove the coordination). Also, difficulty varies a lot from gal to gal where as Milky Way players mock Andromeda players for being newbies, tho there have been very tough rounds in Andromeda. It is not repetetive at all, even more strategy to be applied than in PA (concerning the ground,air,ops being seperate). You can customize your race & bonuses. Some go as bankers, so supply food for entire system, some do only ops and some go air/ground only for best offence/defence. Having a map for the galaxy, and being able to have/invade more than 1 planet is also fun, you organize your attacks to how you plan to expand your alliance. I had 128 planets at end of round once. There is also a galactic market where people sell excess resources or buy when in need. The market effects the game so much that some people end up in top 10 only by using the market over a day.