Go Back   Legion Forums > Public Communications > The Colosseum

The Colosseum Public forum for some friendly chitchat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old 16-06-2005, 07:37   #15
Animoy
Cyb0r Queen

Working my way through WoT atm too...
And I do love the books, but hate alot of the ways it's written.

1. The super battles at the end of each book, is just to short. You read 600 pages building up to the fight, and it ends in 3 pages...some times it seems like he's just to excited about writing the fights, that he rushes through it.

2. Repetition! Every god damn book repeats every damn detail about every shitty little thing, like you hadnt read it 10 times allready.

3. He changes his writing style to much through the books. Understandable since a man has to change over 15 years, but some times he switches to a new story telling style for 100 pages, then goes off to another or his original :(

Other than that I'm loving the books..good story, good eye for detail (if you like that ^^) and the plain fact that you dont finish the books in 3 days and wish there was more :p

Also worth reading is the Icewind Dale saga, Raymond E. Feist's books like Riftwar saga, serpentwar saga etc, and Dune ofc.

edit:
While reaing the books, I thought about how cool it would be if someone made a mmorpg based on the WoT world. Sadly it would require a massive team to get all the details of the world and story into the game. There's loads of things in the story that woukld work excellent in a mmorpg, and a chance to make a more "diffuse" good vs evil setting.

Edit 2:
And 30 mins later I find there is a WoT game with multiplayer/inet support O.o
Prolly shit, but atleast gonna try it when i get home ^^

Last edited by Animoy; 16-06-2005 at 08:10.