Go Back   Legion Forums > Public Communications > SWG Legion Enlistment

SWG Legion Enlistment Recruitment for Star Wars Galaxies

Closed Thread

Samara Darklord App.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:28   #1
Samara

Samara Darklord App.

Sponcer: Percevali.

Temp: Imp Jedi 3433 LS, 2222 Def, 4000 heal, 2002 enh - going MLS, Mdef, 3000 heal, 0002 Enh.

played since day 4

9 months on this charactor

I fit the requirements of the guild

I RP lightly.

My charactor bio is far to long to explain.

Any further questions can be refered to me or percevali.

MTFBWY

Old 09-07-2005, 13:05   #2
patsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samara
I fit the requirements of the guild
I dont know wheter its my place to say this but did you read the post on how to apply? If you did please read it again. The way you apply now is like: 'hey, I live up to the requirements, cause i say so! Let me in allready'

Old 10-07-2005, 10:09   #3
Samara

LOL Sorry... you feel I didn't give you enough info. The people who know me ingame and what not, can tell you what you need to know if you feel you need to know my life history just say so. If there is something you don't know that you feel you need to....ask!

Basicly I mean I am over 18
I don't need the guild to protect me, or for guild resoarces since I have managed to get as far as I have on my own and with help from friends and I help my friends as well.
I'm pretty highly thought of and respected in game. I find it funny that I watch Bh's come kill the jedi around me and not me. Why?
I am mature and everyone seems to get along with me well.

I am not going to beg anyone to join thier guild, I have been asked to join and am not begging to get in. Frankly if I were denied it wouldn't bother me either. I'm no noob needing a big guild to save me... I don't need to join a guild....

Old 10-07-2005, 17:24   #4
Maddix
Want to touch my lightsaber?

Quote:
I am not going to beg anyone to join thier guild, I have been asked to join and am not begging to get in. Frankly if I were denied it wouldn't bother me either. I'm no noob needing a big guild to save me... I don't need to join a guild....
I think you misunderstand what it is that an organised guild has to offer (or you have not yet been part of one where you would become aware of it) as membership to our guild is most definately a two way thing.

Do not mistake someone that knows you asking you to join our guild as an invitation from the entire guild. I imagine 90%+ of our members have no idea who you are at all so you should approach an application accordingly and use it to inform those of us who are not familiar with you as to who you are.

From your posts you give me the distinct impression that you expect us to know you (and your reputation?) and want us to beg you to join. If this is the case I suggest you retract your application and consider exactly why you feel the need to be a member of any guild at all, let alone ours. If however I misunderstand your attitude and responses please feel free to edit or repost your application with a little more detail about yourself, perhaps explaining both why you are interested in joining, what you would like to get from being in a guild and how you think you can in turn benefit a guild with your membership.

Æ - from the ashes of good intentions come forth lasting friendships... the Æternals

Old 12-07-2005, 03:00   #5
Samara

First, Let me just say who in the hell do you think you are? The fucking pope?Second, Did I ask someone to beg me?
Third, Like I said I'm not going to beg anyone for anything, and I'm certainly not going to kiss your ass.
Forth, You get to know people by talking to them not reading thier book or biography! Like I said in my reply!
And lastly, Shove this application up your ass. I don't want to be a part of a guild that degrades potential members.

There is my retraction of my application! Now learn how to read!

P.S. I prefer you wonder what your guild has lost versus explaining what I can do for you. My friends know what I am, I know what I am and you....well the only thing I see is that one of your members can do a lil' computer programming. Your guilds reputation quite obviously doesn't even stack up to mine.

Last edited by Samara; 12-07-2005 at 03:05.

Old 12-07-2005, 08:18   #6
Emohawk

Legion do not beg people to join nor do people beg to join Legion. The reasoin for a little bit of information in your post is because, as you say, we don't know you. A little information gives us a feel for who you are and what your about. We are a well organised guild and prefer mature members, most of the time the applicants post reflects their attitude and maturity. The more a person writes, the better idea people get about you. It's a shame about this misunderstanding, I am just a member, so don't think this is any official statement, just my view...
All the best...

Old 12-07-2005, 10:36   #7
Maddix
Want to touch my lightsaber?

Quote:
First, Let me just say who in the hell do you think you are? The fucking pope?
I am HC of the SWG Section.

Quote:
P.S. I prefer you wonder what your guild has lost versus explaining what I can do for you.
We have avoided recruiting someone with an ego the size of France. I'd say we have gained a lot more than we lost thank you :)

Quote:
Shove this application up your ass. I don't want to be a part of a guild that degrades potential members.
Happily shoved. I really don't think it would have worked out anyway, clearly none of us would have realised just how important you are

Oh and in the future, just because you are asked to explain who you are - and yes it might come as a bit of a shock to you that someone isn't aware who you are, but trust me it will happen again and again - don't take that as a personal attack that is aimed at degrading you. Anyway I wish you well in whatever you do in the future.

As a pointer to any other potential new recruits that read this thread, this is exactly why we start with written applications, it means myself and my fellow command do not have to waste our time interviewing people that clearly are not suitable members for our group.

Æ - from the ashes of good intentions come forth lasting friendships... the Æternals

Closed Thread