SWG Legion Enlistment Recruitment for Star Wars Galaxies

Closed Thread

My Story: applying for SWG Legion
Old 25-09-2003, 19:08   #1
Malagant

My Story: applying for SWG Legion

Fellow Legionaires......

Here's the story of a little Dog:

I bought SWG as soon as I had some spare time and started playing and enjoying it. After a few days I gave it to a friend vqt to try it. While we sat on his PC Chi'Hua Hua was born with a rough template to head for.

The cute Dog wandered across dead deserts of Tatooine, through deep Swamps on Naboo and over the fertile grounds on Corellia for almost 24 hours a day... . But the time comes when the loneliness of the desert strikes everyone, so he decided to find some friends. He looked around on several planets to find a warm spot where he was accepted and welcome. Doing so he ran into a bunch of people he already knew from earlier days.

Gladly he accepted the warm welcome and felt like having a new home from the first day on. The dog decided very soon to help the community the best he could by supplying ressources for the crafters, helping others with some starting coin or when there was desperate need of cash. When given the chance to organize groups for nighthunts he proudly did. And he continued to gain wealth and to master his skills. Now he's perfect - the little dog........

As many of you already know, and others don’t – there is a dark side in everyone ...... this dog was schizophrenic, had multiple egos.

As I was working almost every Weekday I saw no problem in sharing the account at first. After we joined Legion the problems came up..... No one wanted to stop playing since it was fun and there was a goal to reach. After being promoted to Hunt Commander, which I'm proud of, I tried my best to organize hunts almost every evening when I came home from work. This way I probably organized 60% of the hunts most people enjoyed and some that didn’t work out so well ;) After all I tried to give this game some other side than grinding missions, and I enjoyed most of it.

But, as Chi'Hua Hua reached his final template there is no reason to share the account anymore - and there's nothing to be proud of tbh. Maybe reaching a FS slot is a goal, but since it is unrealistic to get there and the problems that would occur when staying with you all (being targetable after using the force gets you killed quite fast) we decided Chi'hua Huas last action:

We're going to DELETE Chi'Hua Hua and already got a second account. I would be glad if I could support the guild with my new char the way I did with Chi'Hua.

That is why I'm applying to become a full member of this crew, so I can continue playing with the friends I made so far towards my next template:

TK / DOC, due to the lack of rezzers on most hunts and b00fs for everyone ;)

About my person:
I'm 25 years old, currently living in Pfullingen (bed and PC), near Reutlingen (studies), near Stuttgart (here I'm hanging out with my friends - and where Benz and Porsche are built *g*), Germany (no comment).

Games I played so far:
D2 quit
DAOC (Bard, Vengeance, Excalibur/Hib, finalized) quit
SWG (*hoping*) active

Thanks for taking the time to read through all this.

Mala out.

Old 25-09-2003, 19:35   #2
vqt

I know Malagant since school and he's one of my best RL friends.
I didnt wanted to pay for SWG in this early stage cause i knew it would be buggy and unbalanced like any MMORPG.
But he bought it and asked me to help him playing his char cause he lacked time due to work, while i had 3 months of vacation. So we created Chi and I played this char with the people I knew and introduced Legion to Malagant this way. That way he also started to play with SWG Legion cause Legionaires PMed him. After being asked to organize some hunts by Grendel, Malagant started and lead most of the hunts so most legionaires should have met him ingame and played with him.

Just few reasons why he earns my VOUCH.

Old 25-09-2003, 21:22   #3
Icewolf
wiseass *g*

vouch - i knew that chi was shared for some while now, and all the hunts have been orginized very good. Without chi (i use the ingame nick now, because both of you did the job *g*), there would have been much more boring evenings.

He fits well into our ranks, and i can't see any reason why he shouldn't join us.

cu starside
Ice

Old 26-09-2003, 07:17   #4
razor
Cannibal Clown

I just wonder why no one ever mentioned you both used the account. Im happy with the char and wot he did for legion so im happy about both of you alltho i do feel a bit betrayed knowing or mmm actually not knowing to who i spoke a specific time

Just my thoughts

Alltho im willing to vouch for you coz with you i could still participate in hunts which i love the most in the game (late night hunts were a no no for me as soon as my holidays were over and work started again)

Old 26-09-2003, 11:53   #5
Malagant

I totally understand you..... I'd probably feel exactly the same way.

But when I bought this game I bought it to test it for euro-release. As I read the SWG-Forums I knew that SOE was launching a beta-game with very unbalanced chars, unfinished ideas and lack of high-lvl content (or any at all).

When I ran into Legion I didnt know any of you. Tbh - it was 'just' a guild like any other. As I have played DAoC for about 2 years, beeing part of 3 different guilds, I know how dfferent guilds and their community can be.

This game was still a try, I hadnt made my descision to stay or leave. By not knowing I didnt want to harm vqts reputation within the guild, because I know the discussions that relult in sharing accounts in a MMORPG. After some time I got to know you lot better, saw the well-working organization and made some friends within your ranks.

A few days ago I made my descission to stay in SWG and now I’m applying for a membership and to clear things out.

Mala out.

Old 26-09-2003, 13:08   #6
Leviathan
Bounty Hunter

Sorry after somthing that happened today after he joined a hunt my opinion has changed dramatically. I wont get stupid about it but I dont particulary like him anymore.

Sic Infit, Solve Lora Infernis
AO - Leviathonss - 200 Enforcer / SWG - Manticore - Master Sharpshooter - Creature Handler / EVE - Lagiur Gonory - Amarr Capital Ship Pilot / WoW - Arcturus/Leo/Muhnthax/Teremlox/Kurgan etc / Aion - Dreadnaught 50 Templar - Fureon 50 Chanter on Nezekan / Global Agenda - FuriousAbyss 50 Assault / SC2 - Fureon - Terran / SWTOR - Titan 50 Powertech Tank - Conqueror / GW2 - Furious Abyss 80 Elementalist

Last edited by Leviathan; 26-09-2003 at 17:16.

Old 26-09-2003, 15:10   #7
Rids
I'm boring

Vouch.

I dont see the need to say more, this mans actions speak for themselves.

Quote:
Claire says:
altho if you want an easy lay, youv come to the right place

Old 26-09-2003, 15:51   #8
patsz

i agree with rids :)

although i dont know malagant for a long time, i must say that if all that vqt says is true, and i believe it is, hes all ace :)

hope 2 c that ure target drone status will change soon :)

Old 26-09-2003, 19:01   #9
Hoellsen

Quote:
I dont see the need to say more, this mans actions speak for themselves.
That exactly is the problem that made Levi change his vote. I'm not sure myself yet (I was in a group with Levi when it happened) and it was a dumbass move.

Old 26-09-2003, 22:14   #10
Jatr
Legionnaire

Well let me start by saying sharing accounts is not game breaking or against swg rules. I see no problem with that, but to mislead some people is a bit.. well.. shady. Seems no harm came from it, so Im not particularly upset, but I dont particularly like it either.

In any case I dont feel I can vouch or anti-vouch as I never went on the hunts chi organized(usually because of different time-schedules). I do have a question tho...

Why delete the character? That character can be used by one of you, and the new one can be used by the other..

Old 27-09-2003, 00:01   #11
Sandsnake
Legionnaire

ah who cares if we didn't know? There was a legionnaire responsible for the actions of the character, and Malagant has done a fine job of keeping that trust. He's done a good job helping us out as well.

There isn't any cheating involved and all, so I don't see any reason not to, so:

VOUCH

Old 27-09-2003, 12:14   #12
Malagant

A small note on A'lex and mantis post: trying to sort it ingame.
I was working at that time...... all I did with chi was preparing him for his end (getting rid of some pets, transfering some stuff etc).

Why delete? Cus hes a Bothan! :p

Old 27-09-2003, 17:03   #13
Grendel
Imperator

accepted

Closed Thread