WoW 8 36.36%
SWG 1 4.55%
A combination or something else like? 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

What to play!
Old 30-12-2006, 14:36   #1
GRiM

What to play!

Just signed up for EVE and WoW trying EVE as we speak, finding it alright but wondering what WoW will be like. what server do we play in WoW?

Please any ideas on what to play would be grand as I am now not considering SWG as many don't play it anymore :(

So my options are:
EVE
WoW
SWG

I am trying EVE and WoW my characters are still alive in SWG asked them yesterday so it is a toss up really I liked SWG, EVE is interesting but the content seems like there really isn't any. What do you guys do in EVE? Also with WoW do you play quests and pve? OR is WoW all PvP?

GRiM

hoping my sig works.

Old 30-12-2006, 14:51   #2
JRL
smack my ass

wow is all pve really. tho you have to lvl to 70 when expansion comes. you will for the most part be doing this alone, or getting help from randoms.
we play on US server Mannoroth (note: you need US version of wow to play there)
Tip: Expansion pack is comming soon, giving alliance a new class, shaman, a class we will probably need, a good chance for a person starting from scratch to get help lvling.

Old 30-12-2006, 15:08   #3
GRiM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL View Post
Tip: Expansion pack is comming soon, giving alliance a new class, shaman, a class we will probably need, a good chance for a person starting from scratch to get help lvling.
That might be a shout then, but to be honest with all the help you gave me in SWG with how to macro, and the fact that we had similar characters at some point I would believe we like the same kind of game.

I am assuming you voted for EVE I am halfway through the tutorial and finding it a little slow, the fact that you cannot fly the ship on manual left is left up down etc. is a little strage. Just wondering if it is a pimped out version of asteroids + elite + space trader. Is it really that good? You mention you guys are on a US server, how do I get a US version? Does anyone play on a Europe server?

Old 30-12-2006, 15:19   #4
icarus
Legionnaire

You still play SWG ?

I saw SWG offers a 14 trial now, felt tempted,hehe

Old 30-12-2006, 15:27   #5
JRL
smack my ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiM View Post
That might be a shout then, but to be honest with all the help you gave me in SWG with how to macro, and the fact that we had similar characters at some point I would believe we like the same kind of game.

I am assuming you voted for EVE I am halfway through the tutorial and finding it a little slow, the fact that you cannot fly the ship on manual left is left up down etc. is a little strage. Just wondering if it is a pimped out version of asteroids + elite + space trader. Is it really that good? You mention you guys are on a US server, how do I get a US version? Does anyone play on a Europe server?
i didnt vote, i havent played eve at all. I play wow.
Some web sites sell Wow cd-keys, thats how you would get a US version. you get the cd-key, and download wow from somewhere/someone. maybe ramp can help you out with the old beta version.

there are only a couple members playing on euro. legion as a guild is on US.

Old 30-12-2006, 15:27   #6
Xenius
#2 fluffer (after Montie)

that SWG space station trial was bad.
i felt eve was abit wierd when i first started :P but i love it now :)

Hearts of Iron 4 Anticipation level:

Legion IRC

Old 30-12-2006, 16:32   #7
GRiM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus View Post
You still play SWG ?

I saw SWG offers a 14 trial now, felt tempted,hehe
Nah, I stopped playing ages ago but I want to start up another game with Legion and since no one plays SWG no point in playing that again. so looking at Eve and WoW. Eve seems to have a steep learning curve to it, and no grinding not a bad shout.

GRiM

Old 30-12-2006, 16:33   #8
GRiM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL View Post
i didnt vote, i havent played eve at all. I play wow.
Some web sites sell Wow cd-keys, thats how you would get a US version. you get the cd-key, and download wow from somewhere/someone. maybe ramp can help you out with the old beta version.

there are only a couple members playing on euro. legion as a guild is on US.
Or I can get my bro to buy me a copy in Canada and send it to me heh :) Will have to consider what I am going to do with that one.

Can you move a character from one server to another??

Old 30-12-2006, 16:49   #9
Tobler
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiM View Post
Can you move a character from one server to another??
Yes but there are limitations. You can't transfer from US to EU or vice versa and you can't moved from PvE to PvP I think either.

WoW: Rascal, Binty EvE: Kasdan ki AO: Tobleronee, Vipperjade, Kasdan
Do you have the time To listen to me whine About nothing and everything All at once.
<wal> happy ppls > epikz
<Ripafk> a guild with 60 ben's would rock

Old 30-12-2006, 18:20   #10
Precursors
Legionnaire

What keeps Eve going all these years is the trmendous content acutally. There is no way a player can grind for days and become uber, or fluctuate the player-based economy. Also what seperates Eve from others is that everybody plays on same server, so market is quite stable (compared to other games with player-driven economies) and there is a universe of skills to research. It is really fun, and what you can achieve as a guild is much more than wow or swg. Also, as there is no grinding, you can play 5 hours a day, or 5 minutes a day. If you started playing eve, join Legiovictor channel :)

Old 31-12-2006, 20:45   #11
GRiM

I played Eve quite a bit yesterday but then I got my WoW and it was the first time since Ultima VII that I can remember staying up ALL night to play a game. I started WoW after an eternity of downloading patches to play it non stop until now! My god I didn't realize how much I would enjoy it, I honestly love the little quests and it is a lot of fun, I cannot remembre having this much fun in a game in ages! Eve was cool, but this is unreal ...

My next question how long until I hate this game, heh.

Old 31-12-2006, 21:01   #12
Gaijin
Legionnaire

once you've hit lvl 70 and they havent released a new expansion by then

what makes eve great is the player created content and how your eve experience turns out depends on the people you will be flying with.

Old 31-12-2006, 22:35   #13
]x[
Legionnaire

You can always play, wank zeh p0le

The few, the proud, the expendable..

Old 01-01-2007, 04:17   #14
Tobler
monster

As I said to you in IRC WoW lvling is probably the best design of any MORPG thats out atm. But that all changes at max lvl.

WoW: Rascal, Binty EvE: Kasdan ki AO: Tobleronee, Vipperjade, Kasdan
Do you have the time To listen to me whine About nothing and everything All at once.
<wal> happy ppls > epikz
<Ripafk> a guild with 60 ben's would rock

Old 01-01-2007, 07:34   #15
Muteki
VtS Movie director

Eve - Extremely high learning curve which 90% of the players never actually get past imo, truly a massively multiplayer pvp game with intense battles, wars, politics, and drama. Even the "pve" aspects of industry and trade are all based upon competition with other players. There is grinding but it's pretty optional. However, at times it is also a very slow game that needs some patience and will probably take a few months before it really clicks.

Wow - Lots of fun, addictive gameplay and easy to learn. Easy on the solo player. End game turns into a grind fest and pvp a chore. Very linear and imo not a very good multiplayer/guild game because all you really need to group up with is to run those ridiculous 40 man instances in the end-game to just to get the 'uber' loot. Fun game, but crappy and poorly designed end game.