Go Back   Legion Forums > Public Communications > The Colosseum

The Colosseum Public forum for some friendly chitchat

Old 08-08-2008, 20:17   #19
B|2bb3r
Legionnaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonstaH View Post
some familiar names here, apparently my last login was 2006... the pa days i guess! appologies for my absesne!
There are plenty of those who neve log in again. So do not be sorry for logging in again, it is however good you do :)

Don't mistake kindness for weakness

swtor: AsokaTona - Sorc lvl 40, Maci - Jugger lvl 26

Old 13-08-2008, 22:12   #20
Woppert

Funny, I reinstalled my comp today, and was going over some old files. One of them was a copy of a post , one of my fondest memories of VtS.

Galactic Quest
sigrid
Legionnaire

Games: PA fs

Please take yout time to read this and help us out. Us = the legion members playing GALACTIC QUEST.
Short history:
We started playing GQ last round. Its 1 minute tick PA, a bit more simple and a round takes 4 weeks. Sign up random is free, private galaxys have to pay. We payed for 2 private galaxys, were noobs and completely owned the game last round, by playing dedicated and as a good team.

This round we signed up again. we BOUGHT 2 private galaxys. We didnot tag from the start cause the alliances owning the game before we came along were not to pleased with us. Game started 4 days ago.
Yesterday our galaxys were ranked 1 and 2 again, and we more or less won....within 4 days....so we tagged up.

Now the fun started.....
2 hours after we tagged up the database was hacked (so they claim). All the members of the enmie alliance TE were given an insane amount of resources. According to spys we had in their channels some knew about it and some didnot, but they all spend it. Some members there knew they only would get it and not VtS even so its pretty clear the hacker was on their side. (we have loads of logs of this btw)
Of course we complained and the game was stopped to sort things out. This was yesterday evening. This morning the creators of the game decided to do nottin, leave it like it was and let everybody play on with the resources they had been given by the hacker (cough). VtS didnot get any. All threads about this subject were deleted from the forums of GQ as the moderator is also a member of the mentioned alliance.
Further more VtS members trying to talk about this on the GQ server were banned from it.
Please note this is a game we PAYED FOR

we have lots of logs with talks with ppl and channel logs but nottin i done. The 40 VTS ppl who played this game spend time and effort on it we played fair and were active. We feel they boycot VtS cause we are better, and the game creators dont do anything.

Now, here is where we need your help. W want everybody who is legion to sign up for free (you are bored anyway so why not) at this game.

http://galactic-quest.com/login.php

And then please come to #signifer on legionnet so we can help you and give you the tag key.
Our aim is to have so many members there we cannot be beaten even tho they cheated like hell. Atm we have incoming from the cheating planets a lot. New planets will be to small to be attacked by them but because the game only has ONE fleet, they cannot defend when they attack.
Please help us get even with this game so we can leave it behind us as winners

PM Icewolf, Coldfusion, Steam , Woppert or me on legionnet for more info. Thanks!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We wrecked them btw, thanks to overwhelming support of the entire VtS community.

It's been an enormously long time since I've been here, and pure nostalgia made me google the site and enter my name an pw. Not only did it register, I also see familiar names still, among them sigrid, the poster of the above message.

I can't describe how that feels, I guess when we signed for the Legion, we signed up for life ;-) Keep on rocking, and while I still play WoW unlike aparently allot of people, who knows, I may check out conan if I have the time/money.

Old 14-08-2008, 12:54   #21
Icewolf
wiseass *g*

Forget AoC, get ready to play Warhammer Online with us instead :)

And nice old memories from that message, hehe

Old 16-08-2008, 00:01   #22
patsz

that message rocks :-)

and yes i guess you do sign up for legion for life or summin, the other day i saw some sticker and it made me think of legion (on closer inspection it didnt actually look like our logo that much at all, but hey.. that would make this lil story less fun aswell ;-))

keep on rockin it peeps!

Old 04-10-2008, 08:02   #23
sigrid
/me fluffles BiggDogg

hehe, i remember how angry i was at that time about that game yes. And as ar as Legion goes...yes, no matter what happened, its always a part of my life i look back at with mainly very good feelings. Sometimes wish i could turn back time to my very early legiondays..miss the fun but life changed so much:P