Go Back   Legion Forums > Public Communications > The Colosseum

The Colosseum Public forum for some friendly chitchat

The Last Time..
Old 21-06-2009, 22:21   #1
Willzzz
Idle Master

The Last Time..

Good Evening To all of the remains of the Origonal Legion Core

This is a message to anyone that was here in the origonal days from where Legion was origonaly born. I am of course speaking about the game which is known as 'Planetarion' a game which seems to be a curse to Legion these days. Now some of you know now for quite a while myself and a couple of other old members did actually go back to this game which origonaly gave birth to the community you now all call home. It isnt what it used to be no, and the community isnt as strong but still there is a community none the less still alive. And myself have enjoyed taking part the past few rounds (although not that active due to real life)

I wanted to remind people of some details on how we as an alliance were born within this game and here are some history points on the offical pa wiki site:

Round 2
Legion started as the 17th legion a cluster 17 alliance from round 1. 17th Legion were a member of the concordium as a sort of junior wing at the start of round 2.

During Round 2 timpayne(Bluetuba) and Grendel(Concordium) conspired to leave the alliances and take with them the best players from each alliance to form a smaller more elite alliance. They left their alliances because they got frustrated that the entire universe was NAPed.

Legion was formed from the elite players of BlueTuba and Concordium and started with abotu 40 memebrs. All where in the top 60.

They won the round together with Fury. Legion had the #1 planet, played by Videer, their best galaxy was 11:1 in the third spot.

[edit]Round 3
Legion were allied with Fury again for most of the round and Fury with RB, until Biggdogg led a group in splitting away from Legion and forming Wolfpack. About 3 weeks from the end of this prolonged round, Fury and Wolfpack went to war with Legion. At the end Legion still had 5 planets in top 10, so can be said to have come out reasonably well, though what would have happened if the round were allowed to continue is unknown.

In Round 3 Legion, Fury and RB formed the Triad which was the most powerful alliance. RB fell out of the loop and their roid rich galaxies were no longer spared by Legion.

Legion used latin names on their banner pics commonly in Round 3.

[edit]Round 4
Legion was part of the winning block, called VeX (Vts, elysium and Xanadu). In the early parts of the round the block was consisting of Vts, NoS and Xanadu, but NoS left and soon allied Cell. In the end of the round Xanadu refused to hit Nos, since they planned to ally them for the next round. Fury, Wolfpack and BlueTuba was the main oponents of the VeX block, untill the end when NoS/Cell started to be unpopular with everyone. At the end of the round Biggdogg and a large portion of Wolfpack returned.

Legion was also target of a Small Allience in round 4 called the Phoenix Syndicate, a small alience that grew expencially and managed to launce a massive retaliation against Legion, resulting in a 1 million score hit. TPS (The phoenix Syndicate) made PA Radio and fronline new til lthe remainder of the round and dropped off the Radar for round 5 and 6.

[edit]Round 5
This was the round for Legion who had all top 3 galaxies and all top 3 planets. Following the round many players from these galaxies felt that they weren't given enough influence and left to form Titans.

[edit]Round 6
Legion with allies got beaten up badly by the other big block, contenting alliances like Xanadu, NoS, Deus, Guild, ND, hirr and WP.

[edit]Round 7
Once again an allied win for Legion. The round was over quite fast. This was the last round of Planetarion for Legion who after the round stopped playing Planetarion as an alliance.

The members that continued to play joined various other alliances.

Legion continues to play other games as a community.

Now this will be the last time i post on these boards as i have given up trying to get anyone to play this game by force. But now i simply put in a request. At the end of this week round 32 is about to begin. But i wanted to put this out there via the inspiration of Grendel putting that banner on our front page. WE WERE BORN IN THIS GAME even if you guys dont want to admit it thats where this community came from. Anyway if you are interested in playing then as ive said over and over the irc network irc.netgamers.org and of course you can find most of the players who still play the game idling in #legion. There never will be an offical return to PA as we have had this row before (myself and the other command) But just becuase we as a group wont play doesnt mean you as an individual cant play the game which gave birth to such a great home for all of us. This will be the last time i speak of this game ever again on the PA Boards, as of the end of the summer i will be struggling for an internet connection and may dissapear for a fair while (This might be a relief for many of you who have had me spam your mails or even your pms on the legion server) But of course its been an honour to play alongside all of you in every game ive taken part of under the Legion tag.

Willzzz

Last edited by Willzzz; 21-06-2009 at 22:26.

Old 21-06-2009, 22:56   #2
Horus
bunny

what kind of n00bs are they - correct the wiki!!!!!

17th Legion was a cluster alliance in rd 1!!!!

you just have to look at our starting page... kinda obvious since there is hardly anyone from c17 :p

Old 22-06-2009, 08:40   #3
Carpeia
Legionnaire

:)

Around 10 peeps in #legion :)

Been many months since i actually used mirc.. :P

Old 22-06-2009, 11:38   #4
Corinthian
Legionnaire

I'd actually like to go for one more round, but I also know that I won't be able to comit as I'd like to.

Old 23-06-2009, 20:16   #5
Willzzz
Idle Master

Well tbh this will be my last time so should be fun :)

Old 24-06-2009, 12:18   #6
Euphalias
War News Guru

"Wolfpack" bd? what a dork haha