Go Back   Legion Forums > Public Communications > The Colosseum

The Colosseum Public forum for some friendly chitchat

Old 13-04-2006, 23:18   #1
Agamemnon
I hate you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bociwen
I can tell you right now that this shows to me you are not the quality of person we should affiliate ourselves with; furthermore I will do everything in what power I have to see that you do not become part of this community, as I fear the implications and trouble your lack of forsight and common sense may bring us.
Dunno mate, I think I'd vouch. Funny trolls are so hard to find these days!

Old 13-04-2006, 23:35   #2
Gravitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bociwen
You know, my initial reaction to your call of hypocrite was one of iritation, a touch of anger, and a desire to just do everything in my power to make you feel as peeved as I do.
I've been relaxed all afternoon. I find this thread to be very informative and enjoyable, despite antagonisms.

Quote:
But here's the deal; you walked in here, and instead of asking the simple question "hey legion, where did you guys get your motto/logo from?" you decide instead, to be joe smartypants and make your assumption. You even go so far as to apologize, in advance, for the insult you decided to throw at this entire community. Not only does this not even begin to justify the comments, but it also shows that you already knew your assumption to be untrue, yet you went ahead and decided to show us just how ignorant you can be.
Your logic is confined pal.

You're essentially stating that I may only ask questions so long as they are in the most general sense. My reason for asking this question though was to confirm or deny my suspicion. The corollary of any answer to my question would be the meaning.

Quote:
I can tell you right now that this shows to me you are not the quality of person we should affiliate ourselves with; furthermore I will do everything in what power I have to see that you do not become part of this community, as I fear the implications and trouble your lack of forsight and common sense may bring us.
I had no burgeoning desire whatsoever to join this guild in specific, so I couldn't care less what efforts you go to.

As for your assumptions of my character, Freud, good luck with that. You're certainly right that I'm completely qualityless, unlike those raving hyperbolists and sophists clearly not in this thread.

Old 13-04-2006, 23:38   #3
Crytical

uze smalerr werds 4 meh plz :(

Hate having to get out my dictionary everytime I see a big word :(

Old 13-04-2006, 22:48   #4
Tiddy
just slow

I dont know what's more shocking, the first post in this thread... or the fact that Bociwen dropped more F-bombs than Rids.

Rids must have gotten laid last night... waaaaaaaaay too nice.

Old 13-04-2006, 22:55   #5
Anunnak
The Polish Hammer

I can recall 1 Legion... Condor Legion.. but those were German Volunteers that fought during the Spanish Civil War on Franco's side..Fighter planes Bf 109!!! YELLOW NOSED GOBLINS

No we're not Nazi's

We do have Germans in Legion.. That must really make you think we're filled with Nazi's to the brim... doesnt it?

Old 13-04-2006, 22:58   #6
Gravitas

Quote:
We do have Germans in Legion.. That must really make you think we're filled with Nazi's to the brim... doesnt it?
The demographics of your guild have never been a field of study of mine, nor should they have. Beliefs transcend political boundaries.

Last edited by Gravitas; 14-04-2006 at 04:18.

Old 13-04-2006, 22:50   #7
Venethor

Confusions do happen. No, we are not Nazi's, and in no way support their ideology. No need for a flame war.

Old 13-04-2006, 22:55   #8
icarus
Legionnaire

Hi, and welcome to our boards

Old 13-04-2006, 22:56   #9
Tobler
monster

Think the name of this very forum might of given away the roman theme rather than the nazi one.

WoW: Rascal, Binty EvE: Kasdan ki AO: Tobleronee, Vipperjade, Kasdan
Do you have the time To listen to me whine About nothing and everything All at once.
<wal> happy ppls > epikz
<Ripafk> a guild with 60 ben's would rock

Old 13-04-2006, 22:57   #10
sike
Singing tea boy

Once you pass our tests you'll find out who we really are.. only once you reach the inner circle of the legion.

Old 13-04-2006, 23:35   #11
Trelf
WoW Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Once you pass our tests you'll find out who we really are.. only once you reach the inner circle of the legion.
No test, just Cybor!

Old 13-04-2006, 22:58   #12
Relifex

A little educational story:

The eagle as a symbol appeared in ancient greece as a sign from zeus and were supposed to be a sign of favor by the gods. Greek citizens cultur and religion spread across the mediteranian, which is why it appeared in Italy.

Each legion (usually consisting of 5000 men) had one standard made with a golden eagle. Which became the very symbol and pride of the roman armies.

Hitlers use of the eagle is as 90% of everything else of symbolism he used, stolen from greater days of greater men/civilizations. The iron cross was the mark of a teutonic order (knights during the medieval days), the "nazi cross" or "sun cross" originates from norse mythology. The "nazi" salute was also used by the roman armies to their leaders.

Since Hitler "percieved" or atleast used these to promote his ideas of the supreme being "übermench" (flatly stolen from nitczhe) and the supremecy of the Arian race he used these ancient symbols which most people respected and blatantly used them for his own gain.

German armies NEVER had legions, there has never been an army (except the french foreign legion) after the roman empire that used "Legion" as a term of size of a unit. Germany used the modern expressions of armies IE, troop, batallion, corps, division etc etc.

There are still several nation/armies that use some form of eagle as a symbol still. USAF is one example of such, the german armies still have the iron cross on its tanks/aircrafts.

www.google.com is your friend before making stupendos posts.

I can taste your fear, human. It is a tangible thing. I can run my fingers over it and drink deep of its sickly aroma. If this terror is the food of hatred, let me feast upon it and in the feasting destroy you utterly.

Old 13-04-2006, 22:58   #13
zyrtec
WoW Legionaire

<3 forum trolls

Old 13-04-2006, 22:58   #14
Agamemnon
I hate you all

We have bets going on what sorta education you're currently taking to cause for such a warped perception of reality, please explain!

Old 13-04-2006, 23:03   #15
Kyrealean
Legionnaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon
We have bets going on what sorta education you're currently taking to cause for such a warped perception of reality, please explain!

He is Canadian. We have to overlook his naive perception of the world due to his sheltered life in the Great White North.

From the Ashes of Good Intentions, come forth Lasting Friendships..... the Ζternals

Old 14-04-2006, 00:08   #16
Empress
sugar baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrealean
He is Canadian. We have to overlook his naive perception of the world due to his sheltered life in the Great White North.
what the fk you talking aboot u nazi... eh?

Canadians (except this retard) are extremely enlightened u twit! insulting my country makes u no different than this retard mr. ky so hush before i throw back bacon and toques at u :P

[To patient with magnet stuck in their throat] You're 8 and you swallowed something stuck to a fridge. Darwin says you should die.”
-Dr. Gregory House

Old 14-04-2006, 04:59   #17
Kyrealean
Legionnaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress
what the fk you talking aboot u nazi... eh?

Canadians (except this retard) are extremely enlightened u twit! insulting my country makes u no different than this retard mr. ky so hush before i throw back bacon and toques at u :P

lol Empy, your the exception to the rule hon. Be glad you were not part of my old XWA squad. We made fun of Canadians forever :(

But it was all in fun, heh i run with some Vancouver CS players right now. Now if you take me seriously again when im feeding the troll, I will have to take drastic measures.

From the Ashes of Good Intentions, come forth Lasting Friendships..... the Ζternals

Old 13-04-2006, 23:08   #18
Gravitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon
Warped would be if I thought your guild symbol was identifiable with the M-Arch, and that you're all proponents of fatty foods, globalism, and runaway capitalism.

Please, have you and your friends elaborate exactly how my perception of reality is warped.