Go Back   Legion Forums > Public Communications > The Colosseum

The Colosseum Public forum for some friendly chitchat

Old 14-04-2006, 15:40   #163
Iminay
I look good in High-Heels

bob, where is that sex machine of a brother of yours ?!
promise he will be on teamspeak tonight so i can cyber him?

Old 14-04-2006, 15:45   #164
addis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGUNT
I just wanted to say HI

I love you BOB come have nazi gay sex with me and I'll give you a reach around

Ewwh!

Old 14-04-2006, 16:19   #165
Z_Abea

Some of the responses in this thread are quite perplexing. While I do fully realize that Legion guild members are in the right mind to be insulted by such inquiries, the manner in which some went about during the construction of their posts could be perceived as rude, even more-so than that of the original question's content. Sure, it is correct to be offended by mentionings of Nazism and possible linkings to guild insignia, but bringing it to the point of a "flame-war" is a route this shouldn't have reached.

However, the attempts to link a guild of which obviously has Latin roots to the atrocities of the Nazi empire explain more about the original poster than that of the guild in question. Either he was trying to find a guild that followed his beliefs, and thought it to be such an abrubt end to his search that he had to further indulge into his findings (i.e. wonderment in regards to the Eagle symbol) - or, he's simply such a confused person that cannot relate Latin slogans to Roman symbolism. Whichever it may be, a post with such content shouldn't have made it to public viewing, and would have been more appropriate if handled in a system like private messages to guild leaders. If it was something as innocent as the latter (confusion), then your means of defense throughout postings, Grav, were more geared toward an initiative of trying to tarnish the entire Legion community. Thus, you eminated a sense of "retardism," in that your research was only geared at a single symbol and not the entire picture.

A flame-war was not necessary, but before asking about allegiances so frowned upon like Nazism, you may want to delve further into the entire picture in the future, Grav. Such unprofessionalism (you seem quite interested in historical matters - job hope/major?) could lead you into considerable trouble in the work force.
Quote #77904
<Sui88> 67% of girls are stupid
<V-girl> i belong with the other 13%

Old 14-04-2006, 20:01   #166
JRL
smack my ass

sticky pls!

Old 14-04-2006, 20:55   #167
Florisha
SWTOR (Command)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL
sticky pls!
Seconded

Old 15-04-2006, 13:09   #168
montie
jungs panty raider

gravitas.. you get the feeling that alot of the people in legion are not high school drop outs and you really really picked on the wrong people? ;)

Old 17-04-2006, 08:33   #169
Leviathan
Bounty Hunter

1: Thread Delivers

2: Quality

3: Hes not just Canadian, me thinks its highly likely hes French-Canadian - Emphasis on *French*

4:
Quote:
The symbol aside, did you read those huge fuckoff words The Legion and the motto Victuri Te Salutant before you posted? Did you notice that you posted on a forum known as the "colosseum"? Did the thought "ANCIENT ROME" not quite frankly drop out of the sky and smack you in the face like stone cold steve austin wielding a 2x4? Then to add insult to injury, you come onto a forum on the internet expecting not to be flamed for such stupidity and to cap it off for the irony of all ironies you call yourself "Gravitas".

All I want to know is how you are going to beat this fantastic feat of stupidity.
Quite possibly the best post in this thread.

Sic Infit, Solve Lora Infernis
AO - Leviathonss - 200 Enforcer / SWG - Manticore - Master Sharpshooter - Creature Handler / EVE - Lagiur Gonory - Amarr Capital Ship Pilot / WoW - Arcturus/Leo/Muhnthax/Teremlox/Kurgan etc / Aion - Dreadnaught 50 Templar - Fureon 50 Chanter on Nezekan / Global Agenda - FuriousAbyss 50 Assault / SC2 - Fureon - Terran / SWTOR - Titan 50 Powertech Tank - Conqueror / GW2 - Furious Abyss 80 Elementalist

Old 17-04-2006, 13:51   #170
Animoy
Cyb0r Queen

Now..i'm pretty slow at finding the posts everyone hiding in ^^

Anyways, my 2 cents...

1: I can see the missunderstanding, and he isnt the first. Wheat he does wrong tho (unlike others that have wondered the same thing) is to come on the forum and ask directly. Thats begging for a flame war. PM/Mail/ingame pm to one of the leaders of this gaming org would have answered your question without stiring up this much shit.

2: K, some of you are over-reacting. While I see how some can be offended by the question, his manner of asking wasnt an attack.
Heck, I had family executed by the nazi's and parts of my family was forced to flee to sweden, and I still didnt find the question personally offencive....just asked in the wrong place

Old 18-04-2006, 04:22   #171
HobbieRogue4
[ASC] Grunt

Why. Is. This. Thread. Still. Open. ?.

Old 18-04-2006, 07:21   #172
Rival

im so late for this thread

Objection!

Old 18-04-2006, 07:47   #173
sLak
bratwurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbieRogue4
entertainment value

Old 18-04-2006, 09:25   #174
Iminay
I look good in High-Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rival
im so late for this thread
your siggy is mesmerizing

Old 18-04-2006, 12:22   #175
Mordea

This reminds me of that post about the guy who thought legion was a cult :D

Old 18-04-2006, 14:50   #176
Paperjockey

We're not a cult?? Bugger, now i have to throw away my blue jump suit and white tennis shoes. I blame Soly!

Old 18-04-2006, 17:28   #177
ramp
HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbieRogue4
I think 10 pages is enough ;p archive time!